Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CyBer

So after Two games.

I would have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the way our guys are playing. I know it's only been Two games, and things can change quickly. But I don't think Rhoads was lying when he said this was the best team he has had at ISU. I'm glad we have him as a coach, NOW GO BEAT UCONN!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: So after Two games.

Steele Jantz changes alot of things on offense. He allows us to open up things down field.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    I would have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the way our guys are playing. I know it's only been Two games, and things can change quickly. But I don't think Rhoads was lying when he said this was the best team he has had at ISU. I'm glad we have him as a coach, NOW GO BEAT UCONN!
    i am impressed too but im not taking a sip of that coolaid tell after a win at UCONN

Legend
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 1,480

I have to say that I was not impressed with the UNI game. I'm also not impressed with the inability to hang on to the ball. I'm not impressed with the FG kicking. We've converted on 4th down an incredible 5 of 5 attempts. I'm not impressed that in two games we've had to go for it on 4th down 5 times.

That leaves a lot of things to be very happy about - too many to mention.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Addict
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

The turnovers in the redzone and our field goal game is a mess but otherwise I agree. Defense appears to be "who we thought they were" and Steele is taking the offense to new heights.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    I have to say that I was not impressed with the UNI game. I'm also not impressed with the inability to hang on to the ball. I'm not impressed with the FG kicking. We've converted on 4th down an incredible 5 of 5 attempts. I'm not impressed that in two games we've had to go for it on 4th down 5 times.

You can't judge the UNI game when we were missing about 9 starters.

Pro
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 9

I think you will have to give a judgment after this Friday's game. Too hard to make conclusions after the UNI game, and well Iowa is not the best judge either.

I like what we saw in the end of UNI and all of Iowa (except turnovers) but make a judgment on a road test and against an opponent that is not a rival...

I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post

Well we have CPR so i trust him to work most of this stuff out..besides the FG kicking...i think we are screwed there

All-Star
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 14

2 games- one terrible, minus about 5 minutes. One really impressive minus turnovers and missed chances. Would have to say I am still right in the middle of the road with this team.

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 358
    Given: 149

Biggest game of the season this Friday. IF we beat UCONN, we go 3-0 heading into a winnable game at home against Texas which will draw a HUGE crowd if we have the chance to start the season 4-0. We all know Texas is beatable.

Lose and I think we will really struggle to get to 6 wins. Finding 4 wins in the Big 12 looks a lot harder than finding 3.

Pro
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,450
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 2

I'm going to be a wet blanket here.

I'm excited for the program being 2-0 but I think we need to temper out expectations for the moment. What has the team done so far?

Beat a FCS team by 1pt at home. Needed the best performance by an ISU QB I have ever seen in the 4th QT to pull it off.

Beat an Iowa team in triple OT at home. An Iowa team that does not have the talent it did the last few years. Clearly they are not the same team that won the Orange Bowl or the Fiesta bowl.

I'm not bashing but I realize the team has not beaten anyone of any significance yet. I am excited that the team won games that they would probably have lost in the past. There is progress but I don't know if it is the progress at the extent that everyone thinks it is. There will be plenty of games yet though to prove how good we are.

Addict
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    I'm going to be a wet blanket here.

I'm excited for the program being 2-0 but I think we need to temper out expectations for the moment. What has the team done so far?

Beat a FCS team by 1pt at home. Needed the best performance by an ISU QB I have ever seen in the 4th QT to pull it off.

Beat an Iowa team in triple OT at home. An Iowa team that does not have the talent it did the last few years. Clearly they are not the same team that won the Orange Bowl or the Fiesta bowl.

I'm not bashing but I realize the team has not beaten anyone of any significance yet. I am excited that the team won games that they would probably have lost in the past. There is progress but I don't know if it is the progress at the extent that everyone thinks it is. There will be plenty of games yet though to prove how good we are.
    Well said. Someone mentioned to me the other day that we received two votes in one of the polls and my answer was.... "How can we be getting any votes when we haven't beaten anyone yet?".

Iowa hasn't impressed me much at all this year. We really should have beaten them by 13 pts or more in regulation if we hadn't shot ourselves in the foot all day long.

I don't think UCONN is probably quite as good as Iowa is, however, with it being our first road game this year, I think this game will be harder to win than the Iowa game was.

IF we beat UConn on Friday, I'll start getting a bit more excited. I'm thrilled to be 2-0, when we could easily be sitting at 0-2 right now, but I'm still not sure we've beaten much yet?

Legend
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 584
    Given: 1,032

Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Yeah, I believed Rhoads, and that's why I didn't freak out after the UNI game. I also believe that we could have the best team he's had yet, and lose this game this weekend and finish 4-8.

We've played well one game, and against a team that's probably not very good this year.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 67

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Yeah, I believed Rhoads, and that's why I didn't freak out after the UNI game. I also believe that we could have the best team he's had yet, and lose this game this weekend and finish 4-8.

We've played well one game, and against a team that's probably not very good this year.
    Okay, a week ago all the local media was sure that Iowa would win 9 or 10 games again this year, and suddenly when ISU beats them they are horrible? I am not buying into the 10 wins, but I think Iowa is a very capable team and will be going to a decent bowl at the end of the year. This ISU team is very talented and very mistake prone. If they can eliminate the stupid TOs and penalties that kept Iowa and UNI in the games, then they will be very successful.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    Okay, a week ago all the local media was sure that Iowa would win 9 or 10 games again this year, and suddenly when ISU beats them they are horrible? I am not buying into the 10 wins, but I think Iowa is a very capable team and will be going to a decent bowl at the end of the year. This ISU team is very talented and very mistake prone. If they can eliminate the stupid TOs and penalties that kept Iowa and UNI in the games, then they will be very successful.
    This. Every media outlet was picking Iowa to win 8+.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."