Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Practice Field

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 16,128, Level: 38
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,031
    Points
    16,128
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Practice Field

    Fanatics why are the cyclones not practicing on their practice field behind jack trice Stadium? they have been using the field of dreams instead does anyone have an answer?

    its bugging the crap out of me that i dont know this.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Practice Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Cytom5 View Post
    Fanatics why are the cyclones not practicing on their practice field behind jack trice Stadium? they have been using the field of dreams instead does anyone have an answer?

    its bugging the crap out of me that i dont know this.
    Ask your neighbor Shontrelle Johnson and ask him about the uniforms while your at it.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 16,128, Level: 38
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,031
    Points
    16,128
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Practice Field

    I think I just figured it out the only logical reason is construction on the new practice facility like this honestly just came to me while i was on another thread..



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 14,409, Level: 36
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    618
    Points
    14,409
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 10

    Re: Practice Field

    My only guess would be turf vs. real grass. The field of dreams is real grass, and I have no idea what UConn's field is like but I would guess real grass also.

    I would guess the Johnny Majors practice field(turf) gets used more when we'll be playing on that type of surface.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 14,409, Level: 36
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    618
    Points
    14,409
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 10

    Re: Practice Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Cytom5 View Post
    I think I just figured it out the only logical reason is construction on the new practice facility like this honestly just came to me while i was on another thread..

    Or this could be it also. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 16,128, Level: 38
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,031
    Points
    16,128
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Practice Field

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdOfWar View Post
    My only guess would be turf vs. real grass. The field of dreams is real grass, and I have no idea what UConn's field is like but I would guess real grass also.

    I would guess the Johnny Majors practice field(turf) gets used more when we'll be playing on that type of surface.
    there is another practice field beside the indoor facility and it is natural grass



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 12,881, Level: 34
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lisbon, IA
    Posts
    525
    Points
    12,881
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Practice Field

    CPR said last year he was trying to save that field for later in the season, so they still had a decent outdoor field to practice on after things go dormant.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 14,409, Level: 36
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    618
    Points
    14,409
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 10

    Re: Practice Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Cylax51 View Post
    CPR said last year he was trying to save that field for later in the season, so they still had a decent outdoor field to practice on after things go dormant.

    Well there you have it.............just as I suspected.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM