Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Anyone Ready to Look Ahead?

Man, today is such a great day to be a Cyclone. But after all of the negativity and concern shown on this board over the last few weeks, how does everyone feel now?

Personally, I think we can use this as a big building block. This has been a year in college football where the unthinkable continues to happen. Upsets all over the place. Now all the folks that were calling for an 0-12 season were wrong. So where do we go from here?

I like our chances in the Glass Bowl. It's going to be a hard fought game, but our defense has shown a lot of poise and will continue to improve. The play calling was obviously better. Now if we could just get some touchdowns...

I feel really good about our chances for the rest of the season, I'm not expecting big things, but just a few games here and there that I think can go our way. If this team continues to show improvement, anything is possible. Especially in the wackiest season of college football I can ever remember.

Auburn loses TWICE at HOME, Michigan and ND playing a game to see who is WORSE, Texas only beating UCF by 3 points, Air Force starting a season 3-0, App State, etc., what's next? How bout them Cyclones?

Cyclone Pride on the South Side

All-Star
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 62

Re: Anyone Ready to Look Ahead?

With the win against Iowa, the Toledo game could now qualify as a trap game. Kansas made them look really bad, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them play much better at home. We need to be sure we're up for this Saturday as well. No looking forward to Nebraska in 2 weeks, which BTW I don't think is quite as unwinnable as I thought before the season started.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Anyone Ready to Look Ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by ahaselhu View Post
    With the win against Iowa, the Toledo game could now qualify as a trap game. Kansas made them look really bad, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them play much better at home. We need to be sure we're up for this Saturday as well. No looking forward to Nebraska in 2 weeks, which BTW I don't think is quite as unwinnable as I thought before the season started.
    Toledo is an hour drive from me. I'll be there trying to represent Ames in a big way. FYI... Toledo is a football school to their fans. The students and fan base show up every week.

Starter
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

I Hope the Team Has Moved On

The Iowa win is great, but doesn't mean a whole lot if we can't beat Toledo- even if it is on the road. The rockets have got rocked in each game- this could be a game where our offense wakes up & hopefully we can find some success deep.