Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

MBB Scrimmage-recruits

Did anyone catch the scrimmage today, if so were there any recruits present? Thanks

Starter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 57

Re: MBB Scrimmage-recruits

I think there were 6 recruits there included Harrison Barnes, who, by the way, is already a stud, and he's only a sophomore.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I was at the scrimmage and yes, there were several recruits there. The ones i recognized were Harrison Barnes, Royce White, Trent Lockett, Clinton Mann, and Justin Hamilton. Before I get started on how each did, I was scared to see that rahshon clark was hurt. He sat off to the side the whole time with ice on his left knee and when he got up to walk had quite a severe limp. Not sure if he had twisted it just that morning or a couple days before, hopefully its nothing too bad. Also to note, i didnt see marcus brister anywhere. Ok, on to the recruits.

Harrison Barnes - Looked amazing as usual, had tons of confidence out there, hitting shots everywhere and playing physical, and all from a sophomore.

Royce White - Wow, I hope we can get this kid. Was the most physical of anyone on the court, including all of our current players. Played very strong, slashed to the hoop and finished hard, pushed people around for rebounds. I can definitely see why he is a top 50 recruit for 2009.

Clinton Mann - Played strong and physical, got several tough rebounds and a couple put backs. Drained a couple jumpshots out to the three point line, but man, he has an awkward looking shot.

Justin Hamilton - Had some decent looking post moves but got stuffed by Brackins every single time it seemed. He just seemed completely outmatched by Brackins, but the coaching staff must see something they really like.

Trent Lockett - Having trouble remembering how he played, I'll post if it comes to me.

As for our current players, everyone played pretty much how we've heard all summer.

Last edited by pthebutcher; 09-16-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Rookie
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Rodney Williams was also there.... but i don't have anything to add about him because i didn't really get to see his team play! He is another highly rated kid out of Minnesota!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

Harrison Barnes looked like a 10 and the others were a 7. IMO. Harrison can shoot, make up his own, shot, thinl ahead, get good position, get loose balls, showed emotion, and is a soph. He could start for us now. Harrison does dribble so he ALMOST carries the ball as he spins it in his palm. For a slight kid, he could easily hit the threes.

Athletically in order: Wesley, Harrison, Jiri, Rashon. Others play more on method. Brackins has good timing to block the ball and like to spread out his big hands. His arms are long since he is long waisted. Corty Johnson is long waisted also. Alex Thompson showed some good play. Nobody could touch Wesley though. Boozer looked good on his high arching shots.

McD was there bofore the start talking to the recruits. The pre scrimmage drills were high paced to show the recruits what they would be expected to do in practice. 100 people watched. Most people were outside tailgating and talking to the dreaded Hawk fans who knew they would win. I would guess there wee 10000 Hawk tailgaters, about third of all tailgaters. Just came to watch the scoreboard from outside the stadium. The stadium crowd looked like 49,000 people. Hillside seats were great as it was not crowded for thse ticket buyers.

Last edited by Wesley; 09-16-2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

I tried to take some photos, but I think only half of the main lights were on so it was a bit darker than usual. When I have some time to go through my shots I'll try to post some pics.

Thumbs Up

Athletically in order: Wesley, Harrison, Jiri, Rashon.
    I must say this part of your post really confused me...Jiri more athletic than rashon?

Thumbs Up

Oh, I also meant to mention that Lucca appeared to be at 100%. I think I had read on here that he was injured. Anyhow he seems fine now.

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Photos MBB Scrimmage on 9/15/07

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

Quote Originally Posted by pthebutcher View Post
    I must say this part of your post really confused me...Jiri more athletic than rashon?
    Jiri is more athletic at 6-10 than Rashon at 6-4 because he rebounds more and scores more. You can play defense all day, but many on our team do that well as a group, It is that we are offensively challenged to make a shot from the perimeter. Rashon needs to shoot better and take offensive charge to help out the team this year. Mike Taylor, for all his faults, stepped up to the plkate and tried to carry the water. Near the end of games last season Wesley and Rashon hid in the background. If Mike and Jiri had not been able to take chances, our record would have been worse.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,566
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 113

I love Rashon, and I think you are being a bit hard on him Wesley. He was playing in an entirely different system last year than the previous two seasons and I don't think he was asked to be as productive under McDermott as he was under Morgan.

That being said, I'm sure Rahshon is looking to go out on a high note his senior season. I just don't think we can pin our offensive shortcomings all on him last season.

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Harrison Barnes does dribble so he ALMOST carries the ball as he spins it in his palm.
    i would have to say youre on to something here