Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 441
  1. #46
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 100,547, Level: 98
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,266
    Points
    100,547
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    I don't care, whatever is a little extra motivation for the players works for me. I'll be there to watch baby!!



  2. #47
    Addict
    Points: 127,503, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,969
    Points
    127,503
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 691

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Twitter

    @Quesy2Time Jacques Washington
    I'm not positive if those white uni's were supposed to be a secret or not so don't tell nobody haha


    @AtownCY

  3. #48
    Speechless
    Points: 544,448, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    39,689
    Points
    544,448
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,935
    Given: 2,956

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Let's just say this - if Maryland's coach wasn't blowing smoke out his arse about the "Alice in Wonderland" uniforms having a surprisingly positive reaction amongst recruits considering Maryland, then people really need to shut up about hating possible alternate uniform combinations, because when all is said and done it doesn't matter what us fans think, it's about getting the best possible kids we can to wear those uniforms. If wearing all white, all cardinal, all gold, hell, all black or all hummus, gets a positive reaction out of our potential recruits and gets one more kid to sign with ISU than otherwise would, then us fans need to shut up about it.

    I'm really looking forward to all whites, if that truly is the case.


    "That's what I do. I drink, and I know things." - Tyrion Lannister

    "Success is just failure that hasn't happened yet." - life advice from Latrell Spreewell


  4. #49
    Starter
    Points: 21,856, Level: 45
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    900
    Points
    21,856
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 6

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    I hope this is true...all white unis would look pretty good. Gotta have the white helmet to go with it though.



  5. #50
    Legend
    Points: 195,212, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    10,050
    Points
    195,212
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,326
    Given: 2,197

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    would look sweet


    Last edited by isulive2train; 09-12-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will ."

  6. #51
    Addict
    Points: 96,942, Level: 96
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,398
    Points
    96,942
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 917
    Given: 79

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    white shoes


    "Success isn't owned. It's leased, and rent is due everyday" -J.J. Watt

  7. #52
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Haha, Ques is taking heat on twitter now,

    @Jknott20 Jake Knott
    @Quesy2Time good job


    @Jknott20 haha was it? I thought he didn't wanna surprise us



  8. #53
    Rookie
    Points: 14,388, Level: 36
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    clone26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    550
    Points
    14,388
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Let's just say this - if Maryland's coach wasn't blowing smoke out his arse about the "Alice in Wonderland" uniforms having a surprisingly positive reaction amongst recruits considering Maryland, then people really need to shut up about hating possible alternate uniform combinations, because when all is said and done it doesn't matter what us fans think, it's about getting the best possible kids we can to wear those uniforms. If wearing all white, all cardinal, all gold, hell, all black or all hummus, gets a positive reaction out of our potential recruits and gets one more kid to sign with ISU than otherwise would, then us fans need to shut up about it.

    I'm really looking forward to all whites, if that truly is the case.
    Someone make an all black mock up!



  9. #54
    Pro
    Points: 24,966, Level: 48
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    price26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    2,026
    Points
    24,966
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    I apparently have to be one of the only people who think all white doesn't look that great. I'd prefer to see white jerseys, white helmet, and the red pants. But I'd hold out judgement until I actually see it in the flesh.



  10. #55
    Pro
    Points: 33,968, Level: 56
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,730
    Points
    33,968
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 15

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    I can say that my flight leaves to Boston on Thursday and I will take lots of pics of the game with my girlfriends HD camera and will be sure to post them here.




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

  11. #56
    Addict
    Points: 73,516, Level: 84
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,334
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,610
    Points
    73,516
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 396
    Given: 15

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Our road uniforms rival anyone in the nation, but they probably want to do something to get some buzz on ESPN2 Friday Night Football.

    Too bad the sad match-up between Boise and Toledo got selected over ISU vs. UConn for ESPN.



  12. #57
    Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Points: 295,584, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    rworkman83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    19,049
    Points
    295,584
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 346

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by price26 View Post
    I apparently have to be one of the only people who think all white doesn't look that great. I'd prefer to see white jerseys, white helmet, and the red pants. But I'd hold out judgement until I actually see it in the flesh.
    Not the only one. I'll hold my judgement until I see them, but I don't think I will like them. However, I was a big fan of the all Gold uniforms last year.



  13. #58
    Legend
    Points: 154,091, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,060
    Points
    154,091
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,234
    Given: 2,432

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by price26 View Post
    I apparently have to be one of the only people who think all white doesn't look that great. I'd prefer to see white jerseys, white helmet, and the red pants. But I'd hold out judgement until I actually see it in the flesh.
    No, there's at least two of us.

    I've said in the past that too much white minimizes secondary gold far too much (risking a look, as another post said, seeming like teams with white as secondary, such as Texas, which looks fine, but those schools are "X and WHITE")

    However, it could work OK if the helmet had the triple stripe cardinal-gold-cardinal, and cardinal-trimmed gold numbers (attached) Which probably won't happen.



  14. #59
    Pro
    Points: 33,968, Level: 56
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,730
    Points
    33,968
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 15

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue52 View Post
    Our road uniforms rival anyone in the nation, but they probably want to do something to get some buzz on ESPN2 Friday Night Football.

    Too bad the sad match-up between Boise and Toledo got selected over ISU vs. UConn for ESPN.
    I saw that too and was very upset over it as well...

    Boise St. will wipe... Well should wipe Toledo. I just wonder why they would select a game with 2 non BCS teams over a 2 BCS teams to play on ESPN.

    Im not one to ***** about ISU being on national TV but I dont know why they set it up so we play on ESPN 2 instead of ESPN.




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

  15. #60
    Pro
    Points: 56,415, Level: 73
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,323
    Points
    56,415
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 24

    Re: ISU wearing all white unis Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    No, there's at least two of us.

    I've said in the past that too much white minimizes secondary gold far too much (risking a look, as another post said, seeming like teams with white as secondary, such as Texas, which looks fine, but those schools are "X and WHITE")

    However, it could work OK if the helmet had the triple stripe cardinal-gold-cardinal, and cardinal-trimmed gold numbers (attached) Which probably won't happen.
    Our secondary color sucks though. White/Cardinal is gorgeous



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM