Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Tommy from DSM

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 162,182, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    6,791
    Points
    162,182
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 243

    Tommy from DSM

    He was just on the WHO call in show. He's not happy. Cracked me up. Complained about non-calls Iowa didn't get and Miller reminded him there were some that could have been called for ISU that weren't. Tommy built up to how upset he was because ISU is one of the worst teams in the country, and after this Iowa isn't much better. Zabel and Miller were both laughing at him. From the little I've heard it sounds like these 2 are taking it pretty objectively.



  2. #2
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    Not trying to be a homer here. But what calls against ISU weren't called?

    I'm usually pretty fair on these things. And I don't recall too many instances of saying "holy cow, did we get away with that".

    At least not on the scale of 1) holding Blythe in the endzone in the 1st. (either way) 2) Holding Blythe on 3rd down in the 4th (blatant). 3) Holding Bowen in the 4th (iffy, I'll admit). There was another that's eluding me, and probably the worst of all.

    Calls are missed everygame. I'm sure iowa didn't get a call or two. But I feel safe in saying that ISU got the short end of the stick on missed calls.

    In anycase, why do they let that guy on the air? If anything conjures up the image of toothless, stupid, trailerpark iowa fan - it's tommy's voice on the radio...


    Last edited by DaddyMac; 09-15-2007 at 07:11 PM.

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 68,803, Level: 81
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 947
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    5,962
    Points
    68,803
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 564
    Given: 265

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    I think any Iowa fan that thing the refs screwed them needs to take off their black and gold glasses and watch this game again. Iowa got away with murder in the pass covarge and should have bee called for interference at least 4 more times.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 89,790, Level: 93
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,460
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,292
    Points
    89,790
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 184

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    I'd say the worst team in the country could possibly be Syracuse.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 27,088, Level: 50
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    HGPuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,457
    Points
    27,088
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 2

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    Syracuse and Northern Illinois are both bottom ten teams...


    When all is said and done, more is said than done

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 162,182, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    6,791
    Points
    162,182
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 243

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Not trying to be a homer here. But what calls against ISU weren't called?

    I'm usually pretty fair on these things. And I don't recall too many instances of saying "holy cow, did we get away with that".

    At least not on the scale of 1) holding Blythe in the endzone in the 1st. (either way) 2) Holding Blythe on 3rd down in the 4th (blatant). 3) Holding Bowen in the 4th (iffy, I'll admit). There was another that's eluding me, and probably the worst of all.

    Calls are missed everygame. I'm sure iowa didn't get a call or two. But I feel safe in saying that ISU got the short end of the stick on missed calls.

    In anycase, why do they let that guy on the air? If anything conjures up the image of toothless, stupid, trailerpark iowa fan - it's tommy's voice on the radio...
    Tommy thought there was offensive pass interference on the last long pass. Miller brought up the first one you said about Blythe in the endzone going against the Clones. They were trying to keep Tommy in line about complaining about the refs.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 19,297, Level: 42
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,067
    Points
    19,297
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    I dunno . . . I thought Iowa got away with a huge one with that non-call of throwing away the pass in the 4th quarter.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 358,704, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,601
    Points
    358,704
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,263
    Given: 668

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    I'd say the worst team in the country could possibly be Syracuse.
    I dunno...Northwestern is getting thumped by Duke right now...and I'm not talking about basketball.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 118,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,611
    Points
    118,471
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 124

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    I so wanted to call in on the show... A hawk fan called in and said, "we got all this superior talent but we cant win, whats the problem."

    Let me think... You have no superiour talent. Let put it this way.

    Iowa has two wins against nobody. And we can't beat anybody. Except the superior, better coached, team of the century Hawkeyes.


    Bellzisu is aka Chris Bellcock. Just so I'm not anonymous anymore.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 118,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,611
    Points
    118,471
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 124

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    Has anyone gone to HR or HN and seen if there is a Hawkeye Meltdown going on. I might go and look... But you probably have to be a member.


    Bellzisu is aka Chris Bellcock. Just so I'm not anonymous anymore.

  11. #11
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    clone33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SE Iowa
    Posts
    432
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    I catch Sound-off everyonce in awhile after an iowa game and in the last decade i do not remeber not hearing Tommy's voice on that show. Its obvious to me hes messed up in the head, so take his comments witha grain of salt...


    God Bless America

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 192,306, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    9,204
    Points
    192,306
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 808
    Given: 64

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    I so wanted to call in on the show... A hawk fan called in and said, "we got all this superior talent but we cant win, whats the problem."

    Let me think... You have no superiour talent. Let put it this way.

    Iowa has two wins against nobody. And we can't beat anybody. Except the superior, better coached, team of the century Hawkeyes.
    The talent, IMO, is superior.

    But, and this is huge, ISU has better coaching (in the staff at least), and better personalities on the field. Iowa has... to put it lightly.... losers on the field.

    I hate admitting this, but I was left nodding my head after the Daily Iowan published their garbage, and after Vandervelde said his stuff.

    Amazing what bulletin board material will do for a team.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 358,704, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,601
    Points
    358,704
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,263
    Given: 668

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    Tommy needs to smoke more cigs and place fewer phone calls.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 118,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,611
    Points
    118,471
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 124

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    The talent, IMO, is superior.

    But, and this is huge, ISU has better coaching (in the staff at least), and better personalities on the field. Iowa has... to put it lightly.... losers on the field.

    I hate admitting this, but I was left nodding my head after the Daily Iowan published their garbage, and after Vandervelde said his stuff.

    Amazing what bulletin board material will do for a team.
    Well... I will agree with the talent to a point. You have to remember. This is the superior talent that got you loses vs Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Iowa state in the last two seasons. Either that talent isn't panning out or your coaches forgot how to coach.

    Which is it???


    Bellzisu is aka Chris Bellcock. Just so I'm not anonymous anymore.

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 51,960, Level: 70
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    51,960
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 43

    Re: Tommy from DSM

    I guess I don't see all this great talent Iowa has. Iowa is well off at RB, defensive line, and LB(sorta). Otherwise, I see nothing special.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 9, 2016
  • 08:00 PM