Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Without TO's Where are We?

So to start out Congrats to the ISU football team on the Great Great Win today over the Hawks! What a player Jantz is that kid is a special Athlete I still have no idea how he got away from IOWA on that jump pass and found Darks in the endzone, SIMPLY AMAZING.

I am curious as to where you think we are as a football team. I mean without the 4 turnovers against UNI and the 3 today, not to mention the missed field goals. Is it just me or are we deceptively better then everyone thinks? Without the turnovers in those two games the outcomes could have been very different!

I think CPR gets the kinks worked out and that is what excites me. Without the TO's in the redzone and the miscues on the Special Teams that game possibly could have been over in regulation. However, if we continue to play this way I think it will catch up with us. I did pick us to start 3-0 this season, but the TO's scare me a little bit, if we clean that up we could be dangerous in BIG 12 play, but if not watch out.

What do you guys think are we better, on par, or lucky with how we are playing VS talent on our Depth Chart?

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 344
    Given: 394

Re: Without TO's Where are We?

Quote Originally Posted by IST8CIVILENGR View Post
    So to start out Congrats to the ISU football team on the Great Great Win today over the Hawks! What a player Jantz is that kid is a special Athlete I still have no idea how he got away from IOWA on that jump pass and found Darks in the endzone, SIMPLY AMAZING.

I am curious as to where you think we are as a football team. I mean without the 4 turnovers against UNI and the 3 today, not to mention the missed field goals. Is it just me or are we deceptively better then everyone thinks? Without the turnovers in those two games the outcomes could have been very different!

I think CPR gets the kinks worked out and that is what excites me. Without the TO's in the redzone and the miscues on the Special Teams that game possibly could have been over in regulation. However, if we continue to play this way I think it will catch up with us. I did pick us to start 3-0 this season, but the TO's scare me a little bit, if we clean that up we could be dangerous in BIG 12 play, but if not watch out.

What do you guys think are we better, on par, or lucky with how we are playing VS talent on our Depth Chart?
    Right on. If ISU does not have more TOs, missed FGs, penalties than Iowa or UNI those games would have been comfortable wins. Plus injuries and lack of experience that hopefully improves (except Maggit out for the season).

Recruit
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I really do think that next friday, we have a pretty good chance to show what we can really do. It is possibly least talent that we have faced so far. I think UNI is much better than many FBS teams, and IOWA is no slouch, I really hope they do well the rest of this year because it makes us look like a stronger team.

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 18

i think we left quite a few points on the board vs iowa. but turnovers are part of the game. I know you werent saying this but i don't think you can just pretend like if they didn't happen your team would have won by X amount more. Some teams really pride themselves in forcing turnovers.

We don't look like a team that "doesn't beat themselves" right now. That is cause for concern. However, were 2-0 and it was earned.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 419

Probably 2-0.

Addict
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,796
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 46

Turnovers are a big part of any game. And so far, we've proven we are prone to them. If we can stop them, then yes, I think we are better than we have shown so far, but saying that and doing that are two different things. I thought a lot of things would hamper us having a really good team this year. Losing the turnover battle, was not one of them.

And in all honestly, once you look prone to turnovers, it sort of gets the other team pumped about exploiting that weakness. It's fun to speculate for sure, but let's not pull a Hawkeye and get over our heads here. There is a lot of work to be done.