Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,365
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 75

possibly creating an ISU Tecmo Bowl rom...need some help.

Ive been thinking about editting the original Tecmo Bowl game, and replacing the 12 teams, with teams representing the 12 seasons of Coach Mac. 12 different incarnations of the Clones to be exact.

The main offensive stats are out there on the net, but are there any sites that have defensive stats for tackles and sacks? I'd need to find some assistance with O-lines from each season, and such. Also wonder is there any info on all big 12 players from the last 12 seasons. This would help out with the ratings of the stand out cyclones.

More likely though, id edit TB and create a big 12 rom instead. That would probably be more interesting and easily updatable each season

Starter
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: possibly creating an ISU Tecmo Bowl rom...need some help.

ESPN's college football encyclopedia might be able to help you out with some of that info.

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

I just want to say that that sounds awesome, although I don't have any help for you. There was a link out there that somone posted that seemed to have a lot of info. Unfrotunately after searching where I thought it was, its not there. It had info regarding stats and records for every team; so if anyone knows what i'm talking about, could you post that? Thanks.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

thanks for the info guys, i'll see what it all turns up. I may end up also trying to locate some old game programs cause i couldnt tell you who played right tackle for the clones back in the 96 either. too far back to remember.

my best bet though is to just create a big 12 rom at the seasons conclusion. that would be far more accurate than trying to dig for old info. better yet a guy in canada can put a rom onto an actual cart that you can play in your old nes. we've done this before with the old RBI acade game. works great.

Walk On
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,000
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

I have a version from the 2001 season for the SNES. Let me know if it would help you at all and I can send it to you (it's of the top 30 or so teams from that year, including ISU).

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 156

96??? Tim Kohn maybe?? Agaufa played Guard.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 156

I think Bruns would have been at one of those spots as well. Maybe Bill Marsau at Center?

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

*Sorry, but this'll be a little long winded*
    well the season is over for the most part, so me thinks it time to start doing some data work/research. Im planning on hitting all the other 11 schools message boards for some base info.

Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site This is a link to the big 12's stat site. complete with defensive stats on tackles, sacks, etc. Couple that with the all big 12 1st and 2nd teams and i can really make some headway with some of the players whos jock the media isnt all over(crabtree, maclin, etc)

Lets kick off with some defense And for a quick refresher course, the fastest/best Tecmo players like LT, Lott, etc clocked in with 18 speed. Guys who were pretty good were in the 15-17 realm. half-*** serviceable guys were 14, and the rest were pretty much just a body on defense.

I think ISU will be give one of the 4-3 slots. Most teams in Tecmo roll with a 3-4. On a side note, Some players will have to be adjusted to be actually better or worse than they should be rated in an effort to most accurately portray the team. I think this is the most important things about making a Tecmo Rom. Also on defense the DE's, OLB'ers, and DB's are the most important positions to have speed from. Remember that the original TB only has 9 players on each side of the ball.

On accouint of ISU's defense being roughly middle of the pack in terms of yards, they will get a little help in terms of player attributes. Thier 30+ PPG surrendered as we all know was helped along quite a bit by the offense and its turnovers and pick sixes.

Tenative ratings....
    D-line.
    Top DE-Parker(12 rating- just a body)
    DT's-Rubin & Braaksma (Both 13 Rubin gets some extra strong hitting power though)
    Bottom DE-Taylor(14 which is not all that good but I'd probably give him some great initital speed though so hes somewhat of a viable defender to use). he was tied for 2nd in sacks. Id make Taylor almost as good as Rulon Jones from the original but not quite such a play-maker. he;d be a guy that probably gets torn up by the elite fast RB's.

LB's
    TOLB-Bowen (15 rating) Bowen wouldnt get anything special in terms of other attributes like initial speed or exceleration, but with that speed and from an OLB position he'd be a thier main defender and a playmaker.

MLB-Smith(13 rating) Good run stuffer, but cant cover anyone well.

BOLB-Banks(14 rating) On FG attempts as per our game play rules you can only use the BOLB to try and block the kick. So by that admission banks cant be all that fast. Also ISU didnt have a defense that was exceedingly hard to score on this season.

DB's
    Well theres basically 4 to choose from to fill 2 spots.
    TOP DB-Singleton (15 rating) Giving Singleton some wheels similar to Bowens, and then putting them on the same half of the field is justice me thinks, since it keeps the defense from being too good.

Not sure who to use as the 2nd DB? Bell? james Smith registered a pretty good deal of tackles this season.

thoughts? I'll move to the other side of the ball later. Also chime in with who you feel were the best O-lineman ISU had. Did i under value parker on the D-line? you really cant have good bookends(DE's) or else the defense is too good.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!