Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 37,679, Level: 59
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    clonomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,995
    Points
    37,679
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    One word:
    "Professionalism"

    Jamie stays quiet keeping things calm in Ames and in the Cyclone community. Its so important!!! Whatever is happening in BIG XII does NOT involve Iowa State. Yes, we are a littler conference without A&M but that's only for the time being. If BYU joins us, I agree that BIG XII will get its strength back.

    Now, if Oklahoma leaves us too, Iowa State must have a landing spot figured out unlike Baylor who is being a crying baby = unprofessional to say the least!

    Kudos to Jamie Pollard for keeping things calm and cool in Cyclone community. I strongly agree that he has a plan for us even if the plan involves something lower. Let's face it, if we go to a lesser conference, at least we wouldn't deal with conference realignment BS every year.

    LOVE IOWA STATE. LOYAL FAN HERE.
    GO CYCLONES!


    WE ARE IOWA STATE

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 271,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 38

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    One word:
    "Professionalism"

    Jamie stays quiet keeping things calm in Ames and in the Cyclone community. Its so important!!! Whatever is happening in BIG XII does NOT involve Iowa State. Yes, we are a littler conference without A&M but that's only for the time being. If BYU joins us, I agree that BIG XII will get its strength back.

    Now, if Oklahoma leaves us too, Iowa State must have a landing spot figured out unlike Baylor who is being a crying baby = unprofessional to say the least!

    Kudos to Jamie Pollard for keeping things calm and cool in Cyclone community. I strongly agree that he has a plan for us even if the plan involves something lower. Let's face it, if we go to a lesser conference, at least we wouldn't deal with conference realignment BS every year.

    LOVE IOWA STATE. LOYAL FAN HERE.
    GO CYCLONES!
    Truth is there aren't many asking his opinion either though. The nat'l media could certainly care less what happens to ISU and the local media is pretty hum drum about it as well.
    The quiet may be a reflection of lack of interest by others.

    I do believe ISU will be just fine at the end of this though.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 143,054, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,243
    Points
    143,054
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 263
    Given: 175

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    You might change your mind if ISU is left on the outside looking in.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 37,679, Level: 59
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    clonomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,995
    Points
    37,679
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    isuno1fan, with all due respect, I am sure the local media continues to harass JP about whether Iowa State has a landing spot or not. If Baylors of the world can make a big deal of Texas A&M leaving than I am sure Iowa State has every opportunity to speak up to the media but JP continues to do as he feels appropriate. His appropriate is staying calm and work towards the future.

    I hope to God Iowa State isn't about to sue A&M. The quicker A&M's of the world leaves the better. Iowa State MUST know something. JP is known for keeping things confidential and being appropriate.


    WE ARE IOWA STATE

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 104,758, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    6,401
    Points
    104,758
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 170

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    isuno1fan, with all due respect, I am sure the local media continues to harass JP about whether Iowa State has a landing spot or not. If Baylors of the world can make a big deal of Texas A&M leaving than I am sure Iowa State has every opportunity to speak up to the media but JP continues to do as he feels appropriate. His appropriate is staying calm and work towards the future.

    I hope to God Iowa State isn't about to sue A&M. The quicker A&M's of the world leaves the better. Iowa State MUST know something. JP is known for keeping things confidential and being appropriate.
    Yup, I believe JPs keeping things quiet has nothing to do with not being asked about it. Since he's been here, he's kept almost every move under wraps until he's ready to announce it. And it's usually not the move the local media was expecting.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,393, Level: 79
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    4,099
    Points
    66,393
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 810

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    You might change your mind if ISU is left on the outside looking in.
    Agree...we have no idea what is in store for us...and we don't know what JP has been doing! One's interpretation of "keeping calm" might also be interpreted as one not having any choice?

    Just saying...it will be nice when this is over (I hope)!



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 387,694, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24,013
    Points
    387,694
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 605

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    JP has been sitting on his hands. We are doomed.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 495,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    33,377
    Points
    495,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,330
    Given: 928

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    JP has been sitting on his hands. We are doomed.
    Unless he's had Grassley and Harkin doing his dirty work for him, in which case the only move he has is to sit on his hands...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.


  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 101,661, Level: 99
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,389
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Senolcyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,205
    Points
    101,661
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 25

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Calm & cool?



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 387,694, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24,013
    Points
    387,694
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 605

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Unless he's had Grassley and Harkin doing his dirty work for him, in which case the only move he has is to sit on his hands...

    Nah, I hear they have all been flying to Mexico and getting drunk through the whole thing.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 212,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,898
    Points
    212,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 631
    Given: 428

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Nah, I hear they have all been flying to Mexico and getting drunk through the whole thing.
    That would almost make me like him more, lol.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 11,992, Level: 33
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    687
    Points
    11,992
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    The only thing we need Grassley and Harkin to do is retire. Term limits are a must. I have a feeling that all current BCS schools will end up staying in a BCS conference when all is said and done.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 387,694, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24,013
    Points
    387,694
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 605

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    That would almost make me like him more, lol.
    If he invited you along with maybe?



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 407,934, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,062
    Points
    407,934
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 605

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    You might change your mind if ISU is left on the outside looking in.
    You mean the WAC or MWC switcheroo?


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 23,899, Level: 47
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,225
    Points
    23,899
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Re: Why I LOVE JP & Iowa State over any other BIG XII schools

    I don't think it really matters what JP does or says. Outside of this site, Iowa State and Baylor have rarely, if ever, been mentioned in articles or discusssions about where schools may end up going if the Big 12 collapses ... other than to say the two of us would probably be on the outside looking in. Sadly, I don't think anyone outside of Cyclone Nation cares about us or where we end up.

    That said, I have no doubts that Pollard is working his butt off to make sure we land in another BCS conference if and when the Big 12 goes bye bye. And hopefully other schools like Kansas, KSU and Missouri are sticking with us to make sure that happens. It just doesn't feel like it at this point ... feels like everyone is taking an "every man for himself" approach.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM