Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 34

My sports betting blog

I am going to post my sports blog weekly on this site, I focus on betting and pick 5 games/week usually. I tend to stay away from the NFL but we will see how that feels in a few days.

Let me know what you all think, how can I change it up, how I can make it legal to bet here in Iowa.

I am also positng my ISU season prediction...

Bet More Win More

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: My sports betting blog

For some reason I am having issues uploading my word doc.

Sorry this is long.
    UNI vs. ISU Opening game of the season, ISU breaks in a new QB. UNI returns their QB and feels they should have beat ISU last season. With a 27-0 loss despite outgaining ISU, UNI feels they are up to the task in 2011. Not gonna happen…Steele Jantz gets off to a slow start for ISU but the running game carries the first half, not much scoring but lots of time is chewed. ISU goes into half with a 13-7 lead. ISU finds their rhythm in the second half and pulls away, final score ISU 34 – UNI 13.
    Iowa vs. ISU ISU is looking for some payback after the last couple of seasons against Iowa. Coach Rhoads looks like he has coached scared against the Hawks and the players have played scared. 2011 will be different. The Iowa D looks a bit soft compared to the previous two seasons while ISU should have one of the top offensive lines in the Big 12 including future first round pick Osemele. I see a pretty good game after the previous two seasons where ISU has lost by a combined 70-10. This is a hard fought game, Iowa’s D is not up to the task and Vandernberg throws 2 interceptions with one being returned for a TD. Final score ISU 24 – Iowa 16.
    ISU @ UCONN ISU goes halfway across the country 6 days after defeating in-state rival Iowa to go up against the defending Big East champs to play on a Friday night ESPN game. UCONN is breaking in a new coach along with a host of new players. UCONN will be returning from a road game against SEC opponent Vanderbilt. 99 out of 100 times in this situation I would have ISU losing, this is a new era in ISU football and there is too much new stuff going on with the Huskies, in a game that is closer than it should be ISU wins. Final score ISU 27 – UCONN 24.
    Texas vs. ISU ISU gets a bye week after their win over UCONN and come into the game ranked #23 against Texas and play on ABC at 2:30PM. Texas comes into Ames after a road game at UCLA and Gilbert it barely holding onto the starting QB position. After the bye week ISU is ready for Texas. This game is a trap game for Texas as they will go into the Red River shootout the week after their trip to Ames. ISU comes out swinging in this game and knocks Texas to the mat early. Similar to last season, ISU gets out to a nice lead but depends on the defense to hold onto the victory, final score ISU 38 – Texas 31.
    ISU @ Baylor Who would have thought this would be the feature game of the Big 12 the week of the Red River Shootout? 2 undefeated and ranked teams meet in Waco Texas with the winner having the leg up in the Big 12 race. Baylor coming off of a win at K-State and ISU beating Texas at home. Both teams are ranked and are meeting at 7:00 PM on ABC. This game does not end well for ISU. RG 3 is just too much for ISU in the passing and running game. Baylor wins this game going away, final score ISU 17 – Baylor 34.
    ISU @ Mizzou Things do not get easier for ISU as they go on the road to play Mizzou, another ranked team. ISU has traditionally played pretty well in Columbia, even with some pretty bad teams. This is a better ISU then previous years but the W cannot be had this week. Mizzou is not clicking on cylinders offensively and puts up some impressive #’s. Final score, ISU 13 – Mizzou 38. The Tigers keep the telephone trophy.
    Texas A&M vs. ISU Ugh…ISU is on a two game losing streak after starting out 4-0. No longer ranked and feeling low, this is not a good time for ISU to play A&M. A&M has talent all over the field and are able to score quickly and efficiently. The defense for A & M has a couple of breakdowns allowing ISU to ‘stay in the game’ into the 4th quarter. In the end A & M is too much for ISU. Final score, ISU 23 – Texas A&M 37.
    ISU @ Texas Tech The Red Raiders are looking for revenge against the Cyclones. The loss they suffered in Ames in 2010 is a game they feel they should have and could have won. This contest has been circled since two a days. Much like 2010, this contest is a shootout and turns out to be an instant classic for ESPN. When Vegas puts out the O/U, take the over. Unfortunately someone has to lose and sadly it will be ISU as Tech will have the ball last and hit a 33 yard field goal for the win as time runs out. Final score, ISU 45 – Tech 48.
    Kansas vs. ISU Finally a bye week for ISU. J ISU is riding a 4 game losing streak after starting out on a 4 game winning streak. The Jayhawks started the season 3-0 including a win on the road at Georgia Tech but have not won a game since. Meat is back on the menu for ISU and the Cyclones take out a month’s worth of frustration on KU. This game is done by halftime. ISU has their best overall performance and put up some impressive offensive numbers. Final score, ISU 49 – KU 10.
    Oklahoma St vs. ISU After a true bye week, Okie St comes to Ames to play a Friday night game on ESPN. Okie St comes in on a short week with a bye week following the ISU game. Okie St is undefeated at this point in the season while ISU is at 5-4. ISU comes out swinging. The Cowboys perhaps have been working on the Sooners in practice already? The ISU offense seems to be humming, picking up where they left off in the Kansas game. ISU scores on its first four possessions of the game and lead 24-7 at the half. Okie St picks it up in the second half. Once again the game falls on the ISU d. in the final 10 minutes of the game the Cowboys can only manage 15 yards of offense and two turnovers. ISU pulls off its annual upset win and STUNS the #3 ranked Cowboys by a score of 34 – 31 making ISU bowl eligible for the 2011 season.
    ISU @ Oklahoma OU is still ranked # 1 and looks to meet in-state rival OSU the next week in the annual Bedlam which has some luster taken off of it after ISU’s stunning win the previous week. This game in 2010 was over after 5 minutes as OU moved up and down the field at will. 2011 is a much better effort by ISU but that would not take much. OU keeps their # 1 ranking by defeating ISU 45-20.
    ISU @ KSU The final game of the season for each team. K-State needs this win to be bowl eligible while ISU is already going bowling once the season is over. Snow flurries, 20 MPH winds and single digit wind chills make for a rotten conditions to play in, just what we expect the first weekend in December! The game has its ups and downs for both teams but Skeletor cannot pull a rabbit out of his hat this season against ISU. ISU lost the two games in KC vs. K-State by a combined 8 points. ISU gets a bit of revenge by keeping K-State out of the post season. Final score, ISU 27 – KSU 20.

The Big 12 gets two teams into the BCS. The Sooners will be playing for the National championship while the Texas A & M will be playing in the Fiesta Bowl. ISU earns a spot in the Holiday Bowl vs. a Pac-12 opponent a familiar coach, Rick ‘Skippy’ Neuheisel. In a typical Holiday Bowl game between the Pac -12 and Big 12 this game is full of excitement. Lots of offense in this game keeps people tuned in on December 28th. ISU finishes the season way above most people’s expectations with an 8-5 record and are on a high note going into the 2012 season with a senior QB in Jantz and possibly playing for the last season in the Big 12 before some hybrid of the Big 12, ACC and Big East forms.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I went 4-0-1 last week with my picks

check my latest entry for winners this week. Oh yeah, go all in on ISU...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 548

Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    I went 4-0-1 last week with my picks

check my latest entry for winners this week. Oh yeah, go all in on ISU...
    I went with some of your picks last week and did fine. Thanks!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
    I went with some of your picks last week and did fine. Thanks!
    Exactly what I want to hear! I hope you bet the mortgage on ISU!

Here are my week 4 picks.
    Bet More Win More: Week 4 college

I went 3-2 last week, overall record of 7-2-1.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Another awesome week last week, 4-0-1 ATS. Here are my picks for this week. I have 5 college games and 3 NFL games. Overall record against the spread is at 11-2-2.

Bet More Win More

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

bump, get those picks in!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I went 4-4 last week bringing my overall record to 15-6-2. Here's to a better week!

Bet More Win More: College football week 6 and NFL week 5

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Here is my early look for week 7 in college football. I have my lock of the year with Okie St -7.5 @ Texas. Take the Cowboys, they will work over Texas.

Bet More Win More: NCAA football week 7 and NFL week 6

Just to throw this out there, I get paid when people click on ads on my page.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I was 5-2 last week let's keep it going!

Bet More Win More: NCAA Football Week 8 and NFL week 7

Pro
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 962
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 4

Re:My sports betting blog

This thread sucks. Borderline spam and pimp bumping.

Pro
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 5

I'm game for some credits. If all of these get up on CF I'll bet em all. That way I remember to check up on him :)

Nothing to see here mods. Keep moving.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    I am going to post my sports blog weekly on this site, I focus on betting and pick 5 games/week usually. I tend to stay away from the NFL but we will see how that feels in a few days.

Let me know what you all think, how can I change it up, how I can make it legal to bet here in Iowa.

I am also positng my ISU season prediction...

Bet More Win More
    It is...kind of. Find a bookie like I did!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ZJohnson View Post
    It is...kind of. Find a bookie like I did!
    Not going to take the chance. I do not want skeletons in the closet when I run for president.

Here are my latest picks, yes I was awful last week.

Bet More Win More: NCAA Football Week 9 and NFL week 8

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

2-2 last week not good....I have 8 games on the slate this week.
    Why don't you look earlier in the thread at my preseason predictions. To tell you the truth, I am not that far off.

Bet More Win More