Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New Scoreboard

  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    New Scoreboard

    The new board was sure impressive. I was a bit disappointed, though, that it showed only one replay of disputed calls that were under review. Do you suppose the reason for that is to let the officials off the hook if they rule against what appears to be clear after seeing the replay several times?

    Also, it was difficult for us to understand what was being announced from our location in the upper deck of the SE corner of the stadium. Was it better in other parts of the stadium?



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 21,200, Level: 44
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kcclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,804
    Points
    21,200
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 52

    Re: New Scoreboard

    already discussed. there is a rule against showing replays of plays during the review.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 28,551, Level: 51
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ahaselhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boone, IA
    Posts
    1,839
    Points
    28,551
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 88

    Re: New Scoreboard

    Quote Originally Posted by kcclones View Post
    already discussed. there is a rule against showing replays of plays during the review.
    I thought that must be it. There were times when they showed a replay, and then the play went to review and they never showed the replay anymore.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 351,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    20,280
    Points
    351,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,055
    Given: 139

    Re: New Scoreboard

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneCurt View Post
    The new board was sure impressive. I was a bit disappointed, though, that it showed only one replay of disputed calls that were under review. Do you suppose the reason for that is to let the officials off the hook if they rule against what appears to be clear after seeing the replay several times?

    Also, it was difficult for us to understand what was being announced from our location in the upper deck of the SE corner of the stadium. Was it better in other parts of the stadium?
    It's a rule.


    It's all snark from here on out

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 429,830, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    64,424
    Points
    429,830
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,362
    Given: 1,014

    Re: New Scoreboard

    If I supporting the wonderful work of those refs, I would have the same rule.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 293,256, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    16,900
    Points
    293,256
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,166
    Given: 410

    Re: New Scoreboard

    Dont want to see if it was already discussed, but I thought the old scoreboard was just supposed to be showing stats?

    No way you should ever be putting an HD video feed into that thing, it looked HHOORRRRIIBBLLEE! Put stats up or knock the thing down.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 324,496, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    15,201
    Points
    324,496
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 559
    Given: 100

    Re: New Scoreboard

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Dont want to see if it was already discussed, but I thought the old scoreboard was just supposed to be showing stats?

    No way you should ever be putting an HD video feed into that thing, it looked HHOORRRRIIBBLLEE! Put stats up or knock the thing down.
    They took the HD feed out of it. But yes it should only be used for stats because the video was awful.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 218,540, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,181
    Points
    218,540
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 820
    Given: 567

    Re: New Scoreboard

    It seemed like partway through the game they stopped showing the video feed and were just showing "Go State" graphics and stuff like that.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 160,682, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    5,673
    Points
    160,682
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,467
    Given: 783

    Re: New Scoreboard

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZ5PI4_gC0&feature=related]Iowa State Vs. Northern Iowa - Cyclones Field Entrance - YouTube[/ame]



    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM