Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 17,594, Level: 40
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    sdcyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    376
    Points
    17,594
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

    Health of Jake Knott

    Has there been any official word on this? He wasn't himself in the second half and you could really see him favoring his arm. I know it has been said that he was fully recovered from his broken arm and he is starting this week, but it really has seemed like the coaches were really careful with him during fall camp and now after one half of football he's having problems with that same arm. Anyone?



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 26,317, Level: 49
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cobraclone71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    738
    Points
    26,317
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 9

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    From what I've heard, I don't think his arm was aching due to it not being healed entirely from surgery, but rather he just took a good shot to it during the game. I have confidence that he will be 100% for this weekend.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 588,019, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    4,230
    Points
    588,019
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 205

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    You're right, he was not himself with 15 tackles and a couple for loss. He was a BEAST!



  4. #4
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    He was a beast, as always. He whiffed once on Rinnie in open field but other than that he looked good. But yes he did keep favoring that arm and that's not good to see



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 47,419, Level: 67
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    ISU_Alum_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    1,953
    Points
    47,419
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    His arm was clearly hurting in the 2nd Half - not using it to get up, letting it hang like dead weight after most plays. I think I said "oh crap" about 20 times to myself.

    It looks like they had it double-wrapped (white padding underneath with a black cover of some kind), so hopefully that will help limit the impact to the bones without hindering his mobility too much.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 119,846, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Points
    119,846
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 372

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_Alum_2000 View Post
    His arm was clearly hurting in the 2nd Half - not using it to get up, letting it hang like dead weight after most plays. I think I said "oh crap" about 20 times to myself.

    It looks like they had it double-wrapped (white padding underneath with a black cover of some kind), so hopefully that will help limit the impact to the bones without hindering his mobility too much.

    I saw him get up slowly after a tackle and slightly favor the arm and started to worry. Then, he just kept playing hard. I hope it is nothing.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 178,619, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,051
    Points
    178,619
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 0

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    I too couldn't believe how badly he looked in between plays. He just let that arm hang like he couldn't even use it. I couldn't believe no reporters asked him about it today? That would have been my first question.

    We are not a healthy football team at all right now. I don't know if KO will even be able to go or not this Saturday? Rump is hurting bad. Maggitt is out. Money is still recovering from a broken toe. Benton left the game Saturday night on two occassions.

    Not to mention that we won't have CJ Morgan for the first half either.

    This is one banged up football team already folks. Not good this early in the season. A lot of these injuries will probably nag these guys all year long.



  8. #8
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I too couldn't believe how badly he looked in between plays. He just let that arm hang like he couldn't even use it. I couldn't believe no reporters asked him about it today? That would have been my first question.

    We are not a healthy football team at all right now. I don't know if KO will even be able to go or not this Saturday? Rump is hurting bad. Maggitt is out. Money is still recovering from a broken toe. Benton left the game Saturday night on two occassions.

    Not to mention that we won't have CJ Morgan for the first half either.

    This is one banged up football team already folks. Not good this early in the season. A lot of these injuries will probably nag these guys all year long.

    CJ Morgan is able to play the full game on Saturday



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 335,107, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    9,461
    Points
    335,107
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,010
    Given: 496

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Rhoads referenced it a couple of times. He's got screws in it and calcification the size of a golf ball. Anyone have experience, to me, that sounds like he'll fight it all season, maybe surgery next off season?



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,805, Level: 80
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,792
    Points
    67,805
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 5

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Knott was such a beast he got burned on a wheel route from a shaky double move. In the run game he did fine, but in coverage he was abused like a lot lizard.

    I think I recall Rhoads mentioning in his post game conference that someone fell on the arm in the 2nd half and shot some pretty good pain through it. Asked Knott if he wanted to come out but he "couldn't repeat what he said since it would be appropriate for his (Knott's) mother to hear." He's banged up but hopefully some ice and lighter reps will do it.

    Also, I think CJ Morgan is good for the full game Saturday. At least according to Rhoads today.



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 178,619, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,051
    Points
    178,619
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 0

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Quote Originally Posted by d4nim4l View Post
    Knott was such a beast he got burned on a wheel route from a shaky double move. In the run game he did fine, but in coverage he was abused like a lot lizard.

    I think I recall Rhoads mentioning in his post game conference that someone fell on the arm in the 2nd half and shot some pretty good pain through it. Asked Knott if he wanted to come out but he "couldn't repeat what he said since it would be appropriate for his (Knott's) mother to hear." He's banged up but hopefully some ice and lighter reps will do it.

    Also, I think CJ Morgan is good for the full game Saturday. At least according to Rhoads today.
    When did Rhoads say that? At his press conference today I could have sworn he said he would miss the first half against Iowa because of NCAA rules?



  12. #12
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Quote Originally Posted by d4nim4l View Post
    Knott was such a beast he got burned on a wheel route from a shaky double move. In the run game he did fine, but in coverage he was abused like a lot lizard.

    I think I recall Rhoads mentioning in his post game conference that someone fell on the arm in the 2nd half and shot some pretty good pain through it. Asked Knott if he wanted to come out but he "couldn't repeat what he said since it would be appropriate for his (Knott's) mother to hear." He's banged up but hopefully some ice and lighter reps will do it.

    Also, I think CJ Morgan is good for the full game Saturday. At least according to Rhoads today.
    Ray Lewis wouldn't have been able to defend that wheel route with no help coverage. I'd be interested to hear from Rhoads who blew that coverage but I got a strong feeling that it wasn't our linebacker.



  13. #13
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    When did Rhoads say that? At his press conference today I could have sworn he said he would miss the first half against Iowa because of NCAA rules?
    He was wrong



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 178,619, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,051
    Points
    178,619
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 0

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    He was wrong
    Good. So he did say that today, right?



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,805, Level: 80
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,792
    Points
    67,805
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 5

    Re: Health of Jake Knott

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Ray Lewis wouldn't have been able to defend that wheel route with no help coverage. I'd be interested to hear from Rhoads who blew that coverage but I got a strong feeling that it wasn't our linebacker.
    Oh for the most part I agree. I couldn't tell if it was a cover 0 and they were all in man or if someone screwed it up.

    However, Knott bit hard on the double move. Not something you expect to come out of an All Big XII caliber linebacker. He was stride for stride until the fake and all it took was one half step to get separation.



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM