Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Gas only pressure washer

Gas only power pressure washers

Ok, Cyclone Fanatics, I am also looking to buy a quality pressure washer to clean my siding and do other misc. jobs around the house. I was wondering if anybody have any recommendations. I am looking around 300 to 400 dollar range, and would prefer a gas only, one not using oil.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 237

Re: Gas only pressure washer

Quote Originally Posted by cyfreddy View Post

Ok, Cyclone Fanatics, I am also looking to buy a quality pressure washer to clean my siding and do other misc. jobs around the house. I was wondering if anybody have any recommendations. I am looking around 300 to 400 dollar range, and would prefer a gas only, one not using oil.
    Sam's has one that appears to be a good deal at $299. Honda engine.

Black Max - 2700 PSI - Gasoline Pressure Washer Powered by Honda - Sam's Club

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    Sam's has one that appears to be a good deal at $299. Honda engine.

Black Max - 2700 PSI - Gasoline Pressure Washer Powered by Honda - Sam's Club
    Does anybody sell a pressure washer that uses gas only, and does not use oil?

Addict
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6

No, but I think he is talking about one that you don't have to mix 2 cycle oil with the gas.

You want to get one that has a downstream injector for detergents. There are 2 different types of chemical injectors upstream and downstream. Upstream will apply the chemicals at high pressure, and downstream will apply with low pressure. The upstreamer's are located before the pump, which puts chemicals through the pump and will make it last a much shorter amount of time. A downstream injector puts the chemical in the line after the pump.

Unless you have a stone/brick home you won't need the strongest pressure out there. The GPM is more important then the pressure. For cleaning vinyl/metal/wood siding 1000-1500 PSI is all the pressure you should use.

Gentron - 3000PSI - Gas Pressure Washer - Sam's Club

This one from sams says it has chemical injection, unfortunately their sales staff won't know the difference between up and down stream injecting which is why I I listed the difference above so you could look for yourself.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that you don't have to MIX oil and gas to a certain ratio (like in the old Lawn-Boy mowers)? If so, the Sam's pressure washer fits that requirement. It is a four-stroke (separate gas and oil).

If you mean just put gas in it and go, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a gas engine that doesn't require oil, is there?

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

When I bought my pressure washer early this summer the biggest issue that I found was the style of the pump that was used to increase the pressure. The more expensive ones have a pump made by a company called CAT. The less expensive ones have an axial style pump. The idea is the CAT pump is much higher quality and if it wears out could be replaced, where the others if the pump goes your outta luck.

That being said, everything I read said unless your gonna use it for business you dont need the CAT pump.

Because I'm me, and I wanted the coolest, I wanted the ones with the CAT, but I ended up with this because it has a brass pump not aluminum & in my price range. 3100 2.5 GPM Honda Engine Brass Head Pump Gas Pressure Washer-UT80432 at The Home Depot

the one I really wanted has been reduced in price by $100 and has the CAT pump, if it were this price when I was looking I would have bough it.
    3100 PSI 2.6 GPM Subaru Engine Cat Pump Gas Pressure Washer-RD80704 at The Home Depot

Speechless
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 96

In the long run you will be better off buying an electric one.

When it comes to gas motor pressure washers you get what you pay for.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Prospect
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

I'd check out http://www.hotsyiowa.com Great, high quality, pressure washers. They should be able to find you a pressure washer that meets up with what you need.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post

Home owner versions of electric pressure washers don't perform the greatest and i would avoid them

Quote Originally Posted by armount View Post
    I'd check out http://www.hotsyiowa.com Great, high quality, pressure washers. They should be able to find you a pressure washer that meets up with what you need.
    Hotsy does make a good product but they are extremely overpriced. They are kinda like buying a apple product, you do it if you don't know what you are doing, or you just have alot of money burning a whole in your pocket. You can get something of the same quality for about half the price of a hotsy.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You're honestly the first and only person I've ever heard say that. In my experience, there is no such thing as a "long run" for an electric washer, because they don't last.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    You're honestly the first and only person I've ever heard say that. In my experience, there is no such thing as a "long run" for an electric washer, because they don't last.
    In my experence there is no such think as a long run for a gas washer. In a previous job we used an electric washer all most daily in the summer and there is no way a gas washer could wash as good as it did and hold up as well as it did.

Currenly I use a washer 2 or 3 times a week and take use the electric one 90% of the time. No way are the gas ones as good as the electric.

Like I said before you get what you pay for. You can buy good gas washers and you can but bad electic ones.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

In my experence there is no such think as a long run for a gas washer. In a previous job we used an electric washer all most daily in the summer and there is no way a gas washer could wash as good as it did and hold up as well as it did.

Currenly I use a washer 2 or 3 times a week and take use the electric one 90% of the time. No way are the gas ones as good as the electric.

Like I said before you get what you pay for. You can buy good gas washers and you can but bad electic ones.
    Do you have a example of a electric pressure washer for household use that is good? I have never seen one. For commercial and industrial applications they are alot more common.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post
    Do you have a example of a electric pressure washer for household use that is good? I have never seen one. For commercial and industrial applications they are alot more common.

Electric + Cold Water Pressure Washers | Pressure Washers | Northern Tool + Equipment

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

For what its worth, I picked one up on Craig's List a couple years ago, 75 bux, starts every time and has worked just great. They are always out there. Don't skimp on the PSI. You can always buy different nozzles for different projects, but if the motor is quality and if the person you are buying from seems to be the kind of person that takes care of his/ her stuff, you can save a ton of dough. If you do buy used, pay attention to the hose to make sure it doesn't show signs of fraying, wear, bulges, etc. and you should be fine! Good luck!