Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Fans @ ISU/UNI

I just wanted to comment on the fans' attitude during the UNI/ISU game.
    The thing that was most impressive to me was the lack of boo-birds in the stands. We looked absolutely terrible for much of the game, yet our fans kept their heads up and continued supporting a team that didn't give them much to cheer about. There are a TON of programs around the country that would have had fans flocking to the parking lots, booing their team, and calling for the coaches' heads.
    I heard none of this from my spot atop the students' section. There was 1 kid saying that he wanted Barnett to be the man, but only because he was in his Biology class or something like that. The overall attitude was great considering the hype around Jantz, the offensive potential, and the defense. I just thought it was nice to sit through an ugly ugly game and still have the full support of the fans.
    I'm assuming the players and coaches noticed the support and that will only make them feel more like part of a large extended family. If we can support them at their worst, then they should want to show us their best.
    Hats off to the turnout. Hats off to a SATURDAY opener!!! Hats off to a very entertaining 5 minutes in the fourth quarter.
    Oh, and Panthers...run the damn table from here on out and bring home a title to the state of Iowa! You guys are a damn good football team!!!

Cy 'till I Die

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 305

Re: Fans @ ISU/UNI

Quote Originally Posted by JustRedman View Post
    I just wanted to comment on the fans' attitude during the UNI/ISU game.
    The thing that was most impressive to me was the lack of boo-birds in the stands. We looked absolutely terrible for much of the game, yet our fans kept their heads up and continued supporting a team that didn't give them much to cheer about. There are a TON of programs around the country that would have had fans flocking to the parking lots, booing their team, and calling for the coaches' heads.
    I heard none of this from my spot atop the students' section. There was 1 kid saying that he wanted Barnett to be the man, but only because he was in his Biology class or something like that. The overall attitude was great considering the hype around Jantz, the offensive potential, and the defense. I just thought it was nice to sit through an ugly ugly game and still have the full support of the fans.
    I'm assuming the players and coaches noticed the support and that will only make them feel more like part of a large extended family. If we can support them at their worst, then they should want to show us their best.
    Hats off to the turnout. Hats off to a SATURDAY opener!!! Hats off to a very entertaining 5 minutes in the fourth quarter.
    Oh, and Panthers...run the damn table from here on out and bring home a title to the state of Iowa! You guys are a damn good football team!!!

There was a sense of inevitability on Saturday that was very fun for us ISU fans. And the fact that they had 3 clutch end-of-half drives makes up somewhat for the lack of production during the rest of the game.