Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Sincere Good Wishes from a Husker fan.

I have not been around since last year's nailbiter against my Huskers. I am sorry ISU is going through this mess, and really hope it turns out well. Your admin crew is good, damn good, and I expect you to be okay.

I would hope that Dr. Tom and the NU staff would be supportive of ISU should there ever be discussions about ISU to the B1G. In fact, I would be extremely disappointed if they were not. NU has been, historically, a school built on a set of ideals and ethics, and those ideals have been a point of pride among fans, athletes, and admin people. If ISU has the chance to be in the B1G, I would support it and email and call every person in the NU offices I could think of to support ISU.

Sure, this is largely driven by TV and money. But some things are not for sale.

I have always respected ISU in all your sports, and have a zillion fond memories of our series in football, lopsided as it was. I have never, in all my years, thought ISU was a guaranteed win for NU on the field. Some ISU experiences have been tough to stomach, but as a Husker fan, I saluted the Clones every time they won. I actually found myself on the fence last year, and hoping ISU would pull off the win. NU has a lot of wins, and it would have been great to see CPR get a signature win of that caliber. Especially considering all the realignment foolishness since.

Anyway, I will close out, but I wanted to offer my respect and my sincere hope that all goes well. Know that some bridges remain unburned and the relationship between ISU and NU has always been respectful, at least from my perspective and there are some of us Husker fans on your side in this, whether it be a surviving Big 12, A Big East move, a B1G move, or whatever. Your rising program deserves a shot, money and TV eyeballs be damned.

Best wishes,

TH

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 3

Re: Sincere Good Wishes from a Husker fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaHusker View Post
    I have not been around since last year's nailbiter against my Huskers. I am sorry ISU is going through this mess, and really hope it turns out well. Your admin crew is good, damn good, and I expect you to be okay.

I would hope that Dr. Tom and the NU staff would be supportive of ISU should there ever be discussions about ISU to the B1G. In fact, I would be extremely disappointed if they were not. NU has been, historically, a school built on a set of ideals and ethics, and those ideals have been a point of pride among fans, athletes, and admin people. If ISU has the chance to be in the B1G, I would support it and email and call every person in the NU offices I could think of to support ISU.

Sure, this is largely driven by TV and money. But some things are not for sale.

I have always respected ISU in all your sports, and have a zillion fond memories of our series in football, lopsided as it was. I have never, in all my years, thought ISU was a guaranteed win for NU on the field. Some ISU experiences have been tough to stomach, but as a Husker fan, I saluted the Clones every time they won. I actually found myself on the fence last year, and hoping ISU would pull off the win. NU has a lot of wins, and it would have been great to see CPR get a signature win of that caliber. Especially considering all the realignment foolishness since.

Anyway, I will close out, but I wanted to offer my respect and my sincere hope that all goes well. Know that some bridges remain unburned and the relationship between ISU and NU has always been respectful, at least from my perspective and there are some of us Husker fans on your side in this, whether it be a surviving Big 12, A Big East move, a B1G move, or whatever. Your rising program deserves a shot, money and TV eyeballs be damned.

Best wishes,

TH

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

thanks for stopping by, nice post, but if this were the Titantic, you are in your Life Boat paddling as fast as you can waiving good bye to those that are sadly stuck on the deck....too bad Texas and OU get to choose who gets the other seats in their boat...

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 33

Thanks for the support.

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

ethics went out the door when TO was hired as AD

NHL teams need to be added to the favorite teams section.

Starter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 28

Thanks for the well wishes...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

Thanks for your support!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by cycfan1 View Post
    Really?? That was a very gracious post by the OP.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson10 View Post
    ethics went out the door when TO was hired as AD
    I am sorry you feel that way. I do not see it the same, which is probably obvious, but I respect your opinion on Tom. There will always be such differences.

Regardless, I wish ISU the best possible outcome. ISU deserves better than this, and I am sorry for how the whole thing unfolded, including that NU left. I don't see how things could have been any different, though. Tom and NU were dealing with the same kind of thing last year, with Texas on an egotrip of Texan proportions.

I wish it could have been very different, and will always be sorry it has come to this, not just for ISU or NU, but for all CFB fans.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ficklone02 View Post
    Really?? That was a very gracious post by the OP.
    Eh, I take most news from Husker fans with a grain of salt, especially when surrounded by them. If you first point is they are going to try and get ISU in because NE is based off ethics?? Guess thats my opinion anyway, you can laugh at my opinion too... its just an opinion.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

If it was meant in good faith, I apoligize.

However, after living in Nebraska for a little while it seems as if the only reason they left is because they couldn't beat Texas... not the greed of Texas.

If they would have been a .500 team against TX, it would have been a different story.

Guess it sucks when you are the only good team for the longest time and you start getting picked on instead of picking on others.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

this will go down as the great experiment that ultimately failed but it will be too late for those that were downgraded in the money grab, NFL style media marketing of major brands will kill College Athletics, not just College Football, lesser sports are supported by Football, if fewer teams have access to football money then fewer teams will compete at the highest level in all sports. Its been written all over this board how Nebraska's role in the demise of the Big 12 should not be underestimated, but in the end it will be greed from all of the powerful and those that make money on the powerful that have blood on their hands, Nebraska, Texas, the Big 10, SEC, ESPN, Fox Sports, Etc, Etc, Etc. They will all say they had no choice and had to do what they had to do, but it rings hollow...

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 21

**** you Nebby,

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    **** you Nebby,

Again, sorry you feel that way, but I can understand and it is expected.

That said, my apologies, I did not mean to stir things up, just to offer a bit of support from a fellow CFB fan. I am a fan of the Huskers, true, but I am a fan of the sport, and of amateur athletics on the football field. Sadly, we are a step closer to the end of the things I love about the sport.

I will let you all alone, and not post again, but I will sincerely offer my support and should ISU ever be in contention in the B1G, I will do as I said, and email and call anyone I think might help the cause.

good luck to ISU, I hope it works out one way or another.

Best wishes,

TH

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 133

Quote Originally Posted by TampaHusker View Post
    Again, sorry you feel that way, but I can understand and it is expected.

That said, my apologies, I did not mean to stir things up, just to offer a bit of support from a fellow CFB fan. I am a fan of the Huskers, true, but I am a fan of the sport, and of amateur athletics on the football field. Sadly, we are a step closer to the end of the things I love about the sport.

I will let you all alone, and not post again, but I will sincerely offer my support and should ISU ever be in contention in the B1G, I will do as I said, and email and call anyone I think might help the cause.

good luck to ISU, I hope it works out one way or another.

Best wishes,

TH
    Dont listen to the haters. I as well of many other Cyclones appreciate your support in this time. What ISU needs right now is support from non ISU fans and admin of other schools. Will we get it? Probably not like we should. I will speak on the behalf of most Cyclones and thank you for your support! We need more non ISU related supporters like you.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads