Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Really Guys?!?!

I like how a lot of you guys picked us to beat Iowa in the schedule thread and now a lot of you are bailing on us. I know we didn't look very well at all, but this is still the same talented team we all thought they were before 6 pm Sat. Darks, Hicks, Osemele, Money, Benton, Maggitt, and Reump were all injured or suspended. Thats seven starters right there. This is the most talented team since 2005 (beat Iowa 23-3) and we have one of the best staffs that we've ever had here. Iowa beat UNI by 1 two years ago and went on to destroy us and win the Orange Bowl. As Chris has said many times before, "You throw everything from week 1 out the window." Also if Jantz's 4th quarter performance can carry over into Saturday's game we will win by at least ten. Like all of you I was extremely disappointed last night and felt that we didn't deserve to win but this team is still the same talented team that I and all of you thought they were before kickoff. I truly believe that we win this game. Call me crazy but I feel good about this team and this game. Go Cyclones!!

***Undefeated COD Clone Wars Champion***
    ***OP of the Largest Thread on CF***

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 107

Re: Really Guys?!?!

We always seem to play harder for the Iowa game. It will be decided by the turnover game. What is the weather prediction?

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 83

Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan4 View Post
    I like how a lot of you guys picked us to beat Iowa in the schedule thread and now a lot of you are bailing on us. I know we didn't look very well at all, but this is still the same talented team we all thought they were before 6 pm Sat. Darks, Hicks, Osemele, Money, Benton, Maggitt, and Reump were all injured or suspended. Thats seven starters right there. This is the most talented team since 2005 (beat Iowa 23-3) and we have one of the best staffs that we've ever had here. Iowa beat UNI by 1 two years ago and went on to destroy us and win the Orange Bowl. As Chris has said many times before, "You throw everything from week 1 out the window." Also if Jantz's 4th quarter performance can carry over into Saturday's game we will win by at least ten. Like all of you I was extremely disappointed last night and felt that we didn't deserve to win but this team is still the same talented team that I and all of you thought they were before kickoff. I truly believe that we win this game. Call me crazy but I feel good about this team and this game. Go Cyclones!!
    Me too if KO IS HEALTHY and Hicks doesn't play like it is his first game.

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

1. As OP of the biggest, longest thread on CF, you should be required to use the word official and lots of asterisks around any thread you start from now one.

2. How many of those starters will be back next week?

3. My biggest question, will KO be back? Without him, we are going to have trouble no matter who we play. Not necessarily because our linemen aren't as good as the guys across from them, but more so because when you have a guy like him next to you, you tend to rely on him to make his block. Without him there, suddenly you have to worry about whether or not the guy next to you will be able to do it as well as KO or not.

You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Wasn't Matt Tau'fo'ou and Duran Hollis suspended because of off the field stuff too?

Honor before Victory

Legend
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 8

This thread is sexist. You act like there are no women on this board!

All-Star
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ljhlax View Post
    Wasn't Matt Tau'fo'ou and Duran Hollis suspended because of off the field stuff too?
    I think so. Wasnt sure. If so add another two players to the total. I think all of these players with the exception of Maggitt will play next week. This is a huge game for us (sets a tone for the season). With a rivalry game and a bye week coming up in another two weeks these guys are going to play unless they absolutely can't.

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10

Leing(sp) didnt play either

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith86 View Post
    1. As OP of the biggest, longest thread on CF, you should be required to use the word official and lots of asterisks around any thread you start from now one.

2. How many of those starters will be back next week?

3. My biggest question, will KO be back? Without him, we are going to have trouble no matter who we play. Not necessarily because our linemen aren't as good as the guys across from them, but more so because when you have a guy like him next to you, you tend to rely on him to make his block. Without him there, suddenly you have to worry about whether or not the guy next to you will be able to do it as well as KO or not.
    Note taken.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 107

Note taken.
    You need more than a note.....you need a book.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 851
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Yeah, don't forget Laing. 2 of our top 3 DTs were out or extremely limited last night. I mean.....Pat Neal was playing DT.

Starter
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

You're crazy. ;-)

Not all of them missed the whole game. We will win by 10 because he did that to a UNI defense that was out of gas? Get real.

Most talented ISU team since 2005? I'm not even sure we're more talented than last season. As I feared, we have taken a step back at several positions. As for Iowa's game against UNI two years ago, that Iowa team had a hell of a lot more talent than this ISU team. There are like 10-12 players off that Iowa team on Opening Day NFL rosters this season.

The opponent gets a LOT tougher next week. We will face a team that is better at basically every position than UNI and exceedingly better at most of them. They are bigger, stronger, faster and have more depth than UNI--a UNI team that outgained us and outplayed us by a considerable amount. Though I remain catiously optimistic about this season, after watching the effort last night things need to drastically improve AND we need to win the turnover battle. Not sure that's in the cards.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    It's spelled Laing and no he didn't. I also didn't see Kron on the field either. I'm not sure why, but of our top 11 D-Lineman (according to the depth chart), 5 were out from injury or suspension or whatever kept Kron off the field.

Honor before Victory

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    You need more than a note.....you need a book.
    With how long that thread is...yeah I will need a book.

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10

Do we have confirmation on the injuries and how long people are out?