Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 7,872, Level: 26
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BEACHBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    198
    Points
    7,872
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Hey Cyclone Fans! I am trapped in Minneapolis for a few weeks for company training. Saw a cool article this morning though in the Star Tribune. Long story short, the first 3 running backs for the Vikings are out with injury tonight in their final pre season game against the Texans. A-Rob is next in line and expected to carry the bulk of running for the team. So if you are interested, check it out and root him on.
    Vikings-Houston game preview | StarTribune.com

    Go Cyclones and go A-Rob!!!!



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 121,158, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,264
    Points
    121,158
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 708

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    AROB!



  3. #3
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 600,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,273
    Points
    600,022
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,271
    Given: 113

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    yeah, it's going to be down to A-rob, Tristan Davis, and Caleb King to see who gets the 5th RB spot. (if Minnesota decides to keep 5 of them, that is)

    although there was a rumor going around today that Minnesota might be interested in Chester Taylor if/when he gets cut by the Bears.

    Even if Arob doesn't make it, I'm hoping they'll sign him to the practice squad.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 166,950, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,155
    Points
    166,950
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 662

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
    Hey Cyclone Fans! I am trapped in Minneapolis for a few weeks for company training. Saw a cool article this morning though in the Star Tribune. Long story short, the first 3 running backs for the Vikings are out with injury tonight in their final pre season game against the Texans. A-Rob is next in line and expected to carry the bulk of running for the team. So if you are interested, check it out and root him on.
    Vikings-Houston game preview | StarTribune.com

    Go Cyclones and go A-Rob!!!!
    We're all biased, but I'm guessing if their top 3 are injured it might be wise to sign him.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 166,950, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,155
    Points
    166,950
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 662

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    yeah, it's going to be down to A-rob, Tristan Davis, and Caleb King to see who gets the 5th RB spot. (if Minnesota decides to keep 5 of them, that is)

    although there was a rumor going around today that Minnesota might be interested in Chester Taylor if/when he gets cut by the Bears.

    Even if Arob doesn't make it, I'm hoping they'll sign him to the practice squad.
    I heard on the radio here in Chi that the talk of Taylor getting cut was all a mistake. Who knows though.



  6. #6
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 600,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,273
    Points
    600,022
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,271
    Given: 113

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    We're all biased, but I'm guessing if their top 3 are injured it might be wise to sign him.

    It's the 4th game of pre-season. Peterson is not hurt, just being held out. Booker and Gerhart have little injuries and the coaches are not taking chances. Plus, their roster spots are safe. There's no need for them to go out a risk making a small injury into a big one.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  7. #7
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 600,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,273
    Points
    600,022
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,271
    Given: 113

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    I heard on the radio here in Chi that the talk of Taylor getting cut was all a mistake. Who knows though.
    In the cut to 80 it was, but they still need to get their roster down to 53. Taylor has too high of a cap number for them to keep him around, especially because he hasn't done jack for them. The Bears are fine with Forte, Barber, and probably Bell.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 121,430, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,696
    Points
    121,430
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 146

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    In the cut to 80 it was, but they still need to get their roster down to 53. Taylor has too high of a cap number for them to keep him around, especially because he hasn't done jack for them. The Bears are fine with Forte, Barber, and probably Bell.
    Taylor is only due $1.25 million from the Bears this year. Something like 56% of the contract Taylor signed was paid in year one.

    I'm done with him anyway. Marion Barber is a better, and more importantly, a harder runner than Taylor.




  9. #9
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 600,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,273
    Points
    600,022
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,271
    Given: 113

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    Taylor is only due $1.25 million from the Bears this year. Something like 56% of the contract Taylor signed was paid in year one.

    I'm done with him anyway. Marion Barber is a better, and more importantly, a harder runner than Taylor.

    Ok, my bad. I didn't realize that his contract was structured that way. But you're right, he's not needed anymore. I think he's a likely cut.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 26,156, Level: 49
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cobraclone71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    721
    Points
    26,156
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 0

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Ok..so is this being televised at all? or streamed on the net? I WANNA WATCH!



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 121,158, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,264
    Points
    121,158
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 708

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraclone71 View Post
    Ok..so is this being televised at all? or streamed on the net? I WANNA WATCH!
    Stream here: FirstRow Watch Live NFL Online, American Football Live Streams



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 26,156, Level: 49
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cobraclone71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    721
    Points
    26,156
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 0

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by ianoconnor View Post
    Awesome..Thank you! On another note...did anyone see that AROB is listed as a QB on the Viks roster?? Good work fellas...#@$%!#& idiots.



  13. #13
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    So far so good for ponder.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 465,071, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,460
    Points
    465,071
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 991
    Given: 2,567

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraclone71 View Post
    Ok..so is this being televised at all? or streamed on the net? I WANNA WATCH!

    It's on channel 20 on mediacom. What's Arob's Viking number?


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 94,550, Level: 95
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,041
    Points
    94,550
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 255

    Re: Star Tribune- A-Rob to see significant play tonight!

    A-Rob didn't start. He isn't going to make the team, but it would be nice if another team picked him up for the practice squad.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM