Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 26,975, Level: 50
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,630
    Points
    26,975
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 94

    Theoretical Royce White

    While things are still up for debate on how well Royce White will perform in his first season of basketball in years, I think we can all agree on one fact.........Royce White is a physical specimen. The dude is 280 pounds, very little body fat, and can bench press anyone on the basketball team. On top of this strength which will help him pound things downlow next year in the paint, the dude has the speed and agility to play the point some for us next year, which we've already seen some of during his time in Italy. So, with all the aforementioned abilities, don't you think the dude could be one heck of a football player too. I know this is a completely bogus idea which will never happen, but if he were a football player, where would you position him? I personally think he could be one heck of a brutal defensive end, Berryman style. Give me your thoughts too.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 53,907, Level: 71
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,297
    Points
    53,907
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 30

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    tight end is what I would think, but I am not sure how fast he is. How good would he be getting off the line, etc. The guy does look more like a FB player build, but he is in the right sport and the right place. I just hope that he can live up to all the hype, not only from Clone fans, but even the national media.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 29,483, Level: 52
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Psiclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,529
    Points
    29,483
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 82

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    While things are still up for debate on how well Royce White will perform in his first season of basketball in years, I think we can all agree on one fact.........Royce White is a physical specimen. The dude is 280 pounds, very little body fat, and can bench press anyone on the basketball team. On top of this strength which will help him pound things downlow next year in the paint, the dude has the speed and agility to play the point some for us next year, which we've already seen some of during his time in Italy. So, with all the aforementioned abilities, don't you think the dude could be one heck of a football player too. I know this is a completely bogus idea which will never happen, but if he were a football player, where would you position him? I personally think he could be one heck of a brutal defensive end, Berryman style. Give me your thoughts too.
    Tight end with his speed and HUGE hands.


    "Of course the people don't want war ... the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 40,441, Level: 62
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,209
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyLoboClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    2,435
    Points
    40,441
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 3

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Tony G was a basketball player, I could see Royce in the nfl too.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 72,331, Level: 83
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,596
    Points
    72,331
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 153

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Definitely a TE. Big and strong with great hands. I would say DE as a secondary option but I am glad he is all basketball.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 15,741, Level: 38
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    CycloneNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    288
    Points
    15,741
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    Definitely a TE. Big and strong with great hands. I would say DE as a secondary option but I am glad he is all basketball.


    I think he would put on football weight and make an excellent franchise left tackle. Great footwork and large wingspan.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 72,331, Level: 83
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,596
    Points
    72,331
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 153

    Cool Re: Theoretical Royce White

    I guess that would be a possibility but with his hands and size he would be a great blocking and receiving tight end. It would take quite some time 2 pick up 100 pounds and the knowledge to play the most important position on the line.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 64,389, Level: 78
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,426
    Points
    64,389
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 92

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    didnt stevie johnson play linebacker for a season?


    This is Ophion speaking.

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 82,412, Level: 89
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,143
    Points
    82,412
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Quarterback :D

    Tebow v2.0?




    ***King of Diplomacy***

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 93,902, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,656
    Points
    93,902
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 38

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    He would be a monster at TE or DE. His hands and long arms would come in handy. With that said, I'm just glad he's on our B-ball team.



  11. #11
    Walk On Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    174
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Antonio Gates never played football in college. So something interesting to see.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 17,024, Level: 39
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    585
    Points
    17,024
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 15

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    I guess that would be a possibility but with his hands and size he would be a great blocking and receiving tight end. It would take quite some time 2 pick up 100 pounds and the knowledge to play the most important position on the line.
    You would want him playing at 380 lbs? When was the last time we had a player that big?



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 39,118, Level: 61
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    39,118
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberJJJ View Post
    You would want him playing at 380 lbs? When was the last time we had a player that big?
    at 6-8 it's not too much of a stretch


    Let Me Mayor Coach!

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 253,674, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,423
    Points
    253,674
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 357

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    at 6-8 it's not too much of a stretch
    A 380lb TE is a stretch no matter how drunk you are.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 72,331, Level: 83
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,596
    Points
    72,331
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 153

    Re: Theoretical Royce White

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    A 380lb TE is a stretch no matter how drunk you are.
    Osemele is 6-5 around 360? 3 more inches 20 more lbs.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM