Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

Re: Rumor mill help!

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    And risk him getting hurt or gun shy?? No way in my book.

-keep
    I don't see AA getting gun shy at all. In fact this is one reason I'd play him more. This team has no confidence whatsoever. Most of us have played sports before at some level and know that you play better when your teammates perform. Making plays and confidence take the pressure off everyone. When Shaggy misses a kick or there's a turnover, you can feel the collective groan throughout the stadium in the fans and team. Here we go again. Tails between our legs. Meyer shows me nothing on the field to try and overcome this. No fire or passion. If AA can bring that and spread it among his teammates, let's make a change. Not all at once mind you, but certainly more reps. This "lowly us" attitude has to change. Even if AA makes mistakes, which he will, he'll be enthused to get after it next time. I often don't see this in Bret.

As far as getting hurt, going with the line up that gives you the best chance of winning is how you should play the game. Gives him more experience too. We're not sitting Robinson the whole game because he's a freshmen. I'd rather AA saw more reps so he's better next year. Sitting healthy players just so they don't get hurt doesn't make much sense.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    LOL. "The next Seneca!"

I just looked up Waye Terry on Yahoo... Guess what... He is working at Kia of Dsm. Sad he got injured, but great to see he made something of himself

GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 11

Who is Waye Terry?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    Who is Waye Terry?
    He was one of our three quarterbacks in 2003 along with Flynn and Love

GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Ah, when things aren't going well, the most popular player on any team is the backup qb. Anybody hear what Madden said Sunday night? "It doesn't matter if you have the best qb, best running back, the best coach, the best scheme, if you don't control the line of scrimmage, it doesn't make any difference. Well folks, we are not controlling the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball right now.

Walk On Achievements:
    SocialVeteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Here's a funny one....I bet this guy heard that rumor while clawing his way out of a fresh grave! Get it!!!!! LOL!

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't throw AA into a start this week or the next 5 weeks, with the exception of Toledo. Let's get past Iowa, TT, OU, TX and NU ... then let AA have fun with MU, KU, CU and KSU.

- keep.
    So, let Meyer get beat up through all that just to be yanked and let AA have the 1 spot....no. If we are going to run with AA then we start Meyer this week on a short leash. If he stinks it up then we put in AA ,and if he is playing well, we stick with Him. No better place to learn then agianst those teams and let AA develop. People have short memories. Meyer and Flynn switched back and forth in 2004 until the Iowa game where Meyer played most of the snaps and finished the game...then started for the rest of the year. If it comes down to AA starting then he should run through the rough stretch...especially if he gives us the best chance of winning. That is the real question...who gives us the best chance or do either of them? But I am pretty close to calling for, or to, putting AA in and seeing what he can do....

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jlclone View Post
    Ah, when things aren't going well, the most popular player on any team is the backup qb. Anybody hear what Madden said Sunday night? "It doesn't matter if you have the best qb, best running back, the best coach, the best scheme, if you don't control the line of scrimmage, it doesn't make any difference. Well folks, we are not controlling the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball right now.
    The lines have not been spectacular, but they have played well enough. Meyer has just been that bad so far....

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 11

Well the line play is not going to get all that much better, we have what we have. Now it is time to improvise and find something else to try.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Legend
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 110

I wonder how Chizik will hold up in the bitter cold that is Iowa winter. Its not easy for people to adjust to,,, even the players for that matter coming into it from the warm. I know this is unrelated really but I thought I would throw it out there. Another factor in play.

Walk On Achievements:
    SocialVeteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    I wonder how Chizik will hold up in the bitter cold that is Iowa winter. Its not easy for people to adjust to,,, even the players for that matter coming into it from the warm. I know this is unrelated really but I thought I would throw it out there. Another factor in play.
    I'm pretty sure he will just buy a nice winter coat and be fine. They've made wonders in jackets lately. It's quite amazing.

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

For 1.1 million a year....I am sure he will find a way to manage. He can heat his coins up and put them in his mittens....

Legend
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 110

Ha ha. Players dont get that luxury though.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by RedStorm View Post
    So, let Meyer get beat up through all that just to be yanked and let AA have the 1 spot....no. If we are going to run with AA then we start Meyer this week on a short leash. If he stinks it up then we put in AA ,and if he is playing well, we stick with Him. No better place to learn then agianst those teams and let AA develop. People have short memories. Meyer and Flynn switched back and forth in 2004 until the Iowa game where Meyer played most of the snaps and finished the game...then started for the rest of the year. If it comes down to AA starting then he should run through the rough stretch...especially if he gives us the best chance of winning. That is the real question...who gives us the best chance or do either of them? But I am pretty close to calling for, or to, putting AA in and seeing what he can do....
    I'd have to agree with other posters to wait through the majority of the rough stretch before putting AA in. It's called "Tim Couch Syndrome" it's when a guy with a lot of promise gets his a** kicked too many times early on - getting sacked and intercepted every other play doesn't help ones development.

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Ha ha. Players dont get that luxury though.
    There are plenty of players from the South playing at Northern schools. For a full ride Scholly....the $1200 per month schollie stipened checks, free houseing , meals, and education...they will manage as well. They can heat up a potato and put it in their mittens...lol.

Last edited by RedStorm; 09-13-2007 at 11:48 AM.