Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Bo Williams

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 66,033, Level: 79
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,641
    Points
    66,033
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 116

    Bo Williams

    not sure if anyone knows (or cares) what happened to bo? i read somewhere that he trasferred to uconn. he is not on their roster and i'm pretty sure he has no eligibility left?


    This is Ophion speaking.

  2. #2
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams

    He didnt end up transferring there because Pollard limited his release, couldnt transfer to any school that was on this years schedule. He does have a year of eligibility left and graduated from ISU, so technically he could play immediately. BTW, your avatar is just wrong!



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 211,520, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,685
    Points
    211,520
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 1,107

    Re: Bo Williams

    He's gone, and not at UCONN. Buh Bye, message board hype!



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 75,332, Level: 85
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    885
    Points
    75,332
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 19

    Re: Bo Williams

    well, Mr Williams also told a friend of mine late last spring that Darks was transferring, so I think you have to take what he has said with a grain of salt.


    read this post quickly - it might not last long

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 66,033, Level: 79
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,641
    Points
    66,033
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 116

    Re: Bo Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by CSheen View Post
    He didnt end up transferring there because Pollard limited his release, couldnt transfer to any school that was on this years schedule. He does have a year of eligibility left and graduated from ISU, so technically he could play immediately. BTW, your avatar is just wrong!
    haha i love this avatar! a friend of mine talked to boi guess and he said he had football practice. thats why i was wondering where he was gonna play (or stand on the sideline)


    This is Ophion speaking.

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,944, Level: 74
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,760
    Points
    57,944
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 91

    Re: Bo Williams

    I don't think there is a reason to beat up on Williams. The kid went to class and stayed out of trouble, he just did not fit well into the offense that is at ISU and was not good enough for the coaching staff to change the offense to suit his abilities. Williams may would fit well in a two back system like Iowa runs.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 211,520, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,685
    Points
    211,520
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 1,107

    Re: Bo Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    I don't think there is a reason to beat up on Williams. The kid went to class and stayed out of trouble, he just did not fit well into the offense that is at ISU and was not good enough for the coaching staff to change the offense to suit his abilities. Williams may would fit well in a two back system like Iowa runs.
    When on earth have a coaching staff changed a system completely for one player?

    I still never understood why Bo came here with a system that's more spread oriented then power running when that was the similar type of system at Florida.



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    When on earth have a coaching staff changed a system completely for one player?

    I still never understood why Bo came here with a system that's more spread oriented then power running when that was the similar type of system at Florida.

    Because Gene Chizik recruited him.

    Absolutely no reason to bash Bo, He practiced hard here, Graduated and did his best to see playing time, Fortunately for us, we had and have a great stable of backs that are better suited for the Offense that we run.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 119,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,651
    Points
    119,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 110

    Re: Bo Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    When on earth have a coaching staff changed a system completely for one player?

    I still never understood why Bo came here with a system that's more spread oriented then power running when that was the similar type of system at Florida.
    Bo came here for Chizik, and the Chiz was much more interested in having a traditional power running game than a spread. Of all the ISU players, Bo probably got Chizzed the worst, as he was pretty much stuck when Chiz left tread marks all the way down to the Iowa/Missouri border.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 211,520, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,685
    Points
    211,520
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 1,107

    Re: Bo Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by CSheen View Post
    Because Gene Chizik recruited him.

    Absolutely no reason to bash Bo, He practiced hard here, Graduated and did his best to see playing time, Fortunately for us, we had and have a great stable of backs that are better suited for the Offense that we run.
    Please show where I bashed him... thanks.



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams

    Although I wasn't directing that towards you, You did call him message board hype, arrogantly said "buh bye" as if the time he put in here for the Cyclones were nothing.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,793, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,519
    Points
    140,793
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    Bo came here for Chizik, and the Chiz was much more interested in having a traditional power running game than a spread. Of all the ISU players, Bo probably got Chizzed the worst, as he was pretty much stuck when Chiz left tread marks all the way down to the Iowa/Missouri border.
    He flew in an airplane - no tread marks ;-)



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 401,187, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    59,422
    Points
    401,187
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 631
    Given: 397

    Re: Bo Williams

    Maybe Bo stayed to get his degree. That worked. Now he can go play for a UNI or Western Kentucky for a year.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 211,520, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,685
    Points
    211,520
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 1,107

    Re: Bo Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by CSheen View Post
    Although I wasn't directing that towards you, You did call him message board hype, arrogantly said "buh bye" as if the time he put in here for the Cyclones were nothing.
    He was a message board hype... thats not saying anything demeaning of him. You weren't around for his threads obviously.

    But good for him for getting a degree. But hes not on the team anymore so it's basically an irrelevant topic.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams

    bo graduated and raised our player graduation percentage. good luck to bo when he settles on a career..


    doc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM