Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Any truth to this?

This is from a poster over on HR...

" Marty and Miller have referenced this a couple times today that non-publically Chizik is going on about how he has very few D1 players and that is why they suck. They had a Nebraska writer on who also referenced it as if it was common knowledge that Chiz has been saying these things. That has got to get back to the team, can't be good for morale around there."

"I'm starting to think some Iowa fans heads are getting too big." -- Tigerhawk22

Starter
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

Re: Any truth to this?

M & M are a waste of time. They get this stuff from reading boards like this and take the info, true or not, and stir the pot.

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139

Yeah I'm prettu sure they just read it on the boards as there was a thread about the same exact thing a few days back. It was a rumor that mentioned that Chizik and Pollard met right away in the summer to analyze talent for performance tracking purposes and I'm sure they just blew it out of proportion. I think Chizik is probably the last coach you'd see going and around and talking that way.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Starter
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Marty claimed that Chizik told Pollard that there are only 5 D1 players on the roster. I find this hard to believe for 2 reasons. 1) If Chizik did think this, I realy doubt he would tell anyone that would leak this as it would kill team morale. 2) There are very few players in the 2 deeps that didn't have more than 1 D1 let alone BSC offers, making them D-1 talent.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

This type of stuff, true or false, really doesn't need to keep floating around as it's not good for the team.

Nothing to see here...

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139

The other thread would be a good read about this but I'd sum it up this way...

1. All new coaches have the conversation refered to with the AD, it's part of the evaluation process that determines the internal goals, budget, hype, etc. To pretend these discussions don't take place is just not correct.

2. Whatever was said in that conversation stayed between those two guys. While I wouldn't doubt an assistant might of said something like that, I can guarantee you Chizik wouldn't say those things to anybody but Pollard in a closed meeting, period.

3. I've talked to players themselves about the talent level on the team and they agree that there are more than 5 D1 players but they also agree that there are probably only 5-10 that would start for above-average BCS teams. That doesn't mean they wouldn't start for other D1 teams, just not for Top 25 caliber teams.

4. Marty & Miller spend just about all day on this site and others so I'm sure they picked this story up from the boards as it was discussed yesterday or the day before in almost the exact form they presented it. I have no problem with reporting what they find here but at least site the source as being a rumor.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.