Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 43,230, Level: 64
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,585
    Points
    43,230
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Anyone know how much the pay to park lots (Haunted Forest or the student lot) will cost this year? Seems like it has been steadily increasing each of the last 4-5 years.


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 485,061, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,111
    Points
    485,061
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 368
    Given: 112

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    I park in G7, and last year they were $15 for the first, until they found out that the University upped it to $20. They just charge whatever ISU charges.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 43,230, Level: 64
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,585
    Points
    43,230
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I park in G7, and last year they were $15 for the first, until they found out that the University upped it to $20. They just charge whatever ISU charges.
    I thought G7 was a donor lot that required a parking pass...was I mistaken? I assume you mean the same G7 that is behind the softball fields?


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,723, Level: 67
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,554
    Points
    47,723
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 2

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    I thought G7 was a donor lot that required a parking pass...was I mistaken?
    My guess is he is implying that he drives past it on his way to his lot.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 485,061, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,111
    Points
    485,061
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 368
    Given: 112

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    My guess is he is implying that he drives past it on his way to his lot.
    This. I drive by the Haunted Forest lot, and have paid attention to what they're charging.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 43,230, Level: 64
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,585
    Points
    43,230
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    This. I drive by the Haunted Forest lot, and have paid attention to what they're charging.
    If they start charging more than last year then I am not evengoing to bother, might as well donate and get the $50 parking pass. Maybe this is what they are going for by raising prices every year? Unfortunately they are also going to drive away a lot of people who want to attend a game or 2 and tailgate.


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 93,155, Level: 95
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,895
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dow City, IA
    Posts
    5,664
    Points
    93,155
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 44

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Hmmm...at $20 a game, you would be looking at $120 for six home games. Only $30 more and you could donate $100 to the NCC and buy a $50 parking pass for G7...guaranteed spot in a fun lot with no opposing fan DB's. And if you already donate to get better seats, it's a no-brainer.

    I do agree that $20 a game for parking is a lot. It's probably $40 for busses or RVs. I know a lot of people who park in the off streets or at HyVee or K-Mart, but to me, tailgating is almost as important as the actual game. I'd give that $20 and not have a problem doing it. Not to mention, if you pack 4 people into that car, that's $5 apiece for a day of tailgating. Well worth it!

    Personally, I don't understand why they aren't charging a couple of bucks for MBB parking.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 43,230, Level: 64
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,585
    Points
    43,230
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Hmmm...at $20 a game, you would be looking at $120 for six home games. Only $30 more and you could donate $100 to the NCC and buy a $50 parking pass for G7...guaranteed spot in a fun lot with no opposing fan DB's. And if you already donate to get better seats, it's a no-brainer.

    I do agree that $20 a game for parking is a lot. It's probably $40 for busses or RVs. I know a lot of people who park in the off streets or at HyVee or K-Mart, but to me, tailgating is almost as important as the actual game. I'd give that $20 and not have a problem doing it. Not to mention, if you pack 4 people into that car, that's $5 apiece for a day of tailgating. Well worth it!

    Personally, I don't understand why they aren't charging a couple of bucks for MBB parking.
    By chance, anyone have a G7 pass that they want to sell or won't be using for some games? The deadlines for donating and getting a parking pass are long gone for this year


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 485,061, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,111
    Points
    485,061
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 368
    Given: 112

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    If they start charging more than last year then I am not evengoing to bother, might as well donate and get the $50 parking pass. Maybe this is what they are going for by raising prices every year? Unfortunately they are also going to drive away a lot of people who want to attend a game or 2 and tailgate.
    They aren't driving anyone away. That's what you pay to park in a lawn in Iowa City.

    When we still parked in the student lots, we just had everyone who rode in chip in. If 4 guys throw in $5, that's nothing.

    I also don't think they're trying to drive more people into donor parking. Donor parking is 100% full.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    We usually tailgate at the Hanuted Forest. I'm going to guess it'll be $20 again.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 173,434, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    6,002
    Points
    173,434
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 24

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    It seems like it was more of a Haunted Swamp last year. I almost felt bad for the people who paid to park there.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    It seems like it was more of a Haunted Swamp last year. I almost felt bad for the people who paid to park there.
    We had a beach to layout on


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 406,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,147
    Points
    406,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 135

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    If they start charging more than last year then I am not evengoing to bother, might as well donate and get the $50 parking pass. Maybe this is what they are going for by raising prices every year? Unfortunately they are also going to drive away a lot of people who want to attend a game or 2 and tailgate.
    I dont think they have to worry about driving people away. Given that we sold out our donor parking a long time ago, they probably couldve sold season passes for a chunk of where the student lots are now and sold those out too. (not that id advocate that... our student lot is a big part of the gameday atmosphere).

    If parking becomes even more limited in the future, more people will end up parking on lawns or at places like kmart\towers.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 485,061, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,111
    Points
    485,061
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 368
    Given: 112

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    I dont think they have to worry about driving people away. Given that we sold out our donor parking a long time ago, they probably couldve sold season passes for a chunk of where the student lots are now and sold those out too. (not that id advocate that... our student lot is a big part of the gameday atmosphere).

    If parking becomes even more limited in the future, more people will end up parking on lawns or at places like kmart\towers.
    I don't see that with the current capacity of JTS. We don't usually fill all of the lots around S16th/Vet Med, do we? Seems like you could still get a few more vehicles in there.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 173,434, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    6,002
    Points
    173,434
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 24

    Re: Haunted Forest / Student lot $$

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I don't see that with the current capacity of JTS. We don't usually fill all of the lots around S16th/Vet Med, do we? Seems like you could still get a few more vehicles in there.
    Yeah it seems like the student lot closest to the stadium (corner of s16th and University) is the only one that ever fills up to capacity and that's only for the Iowa or UNI games.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM