Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 77

New scoreboard sound

Went to the Gridiron scrimmage this last Saturday and listen to the music being played thru apparently the speakers on the new video scoreboard when they played a video. Extremely, extremely loud but NOT distorted. Wondering if anyone else attending that day had an impression of the sound system and how the whole sound system might be like come game day.

I realize with a crowd, the noise level might mute some of the sound coming from the speakers but the whole sound system sounded overpowering and yet good. With the right sound level, sounded like everyone should be hearing the sounds very well with whatever other speakers are in place. You could hardly carry on a conversation with the guy next to you on Saturday to start with. Seemed that they turned it down later when playing Sweet Carolina, LOL.

I had thought there used to be speakers sticking out of the corners of the south video board, but saw there were none on the south video scoreboard on Saturday.

Maybe our sound problems might have gotten fixed??

Last edited by majorcyfan; 08-22-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 590

Re: New scoreboard sound

Quote Originally Posted by majorcyfan View Post
    Went to the Gridiron scrimmage this last Saturday and listen to the music being played thru apparently the speakers on the new video scoreboard when they played a video. Extremely, extremely loud but NOT distorted. Wondering if anyone else attending that day had an impression of the sound system and how the whole sound system might be like come game day.

I realize with a crowd, the noise level might mute some of the sound coming from the speakers but the whole sound system sounded overpowering and yet good. With the right sound level, sounded like everyone should be hearing the sounds very well with whatever other speakers are in place. You could hardly carry on a conversation with the guy next to you on Saturday to start with. Seemed that they turned it down later when playing Sweet Carolina, LOL.

I had thought there used to be speakers sticking out of the corners of the south video board, but saw there were none on the south video scoreboard on Saturday.
    What did you think of the sirens? I read another post that said he didn't care for the sirens.

"The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 77

Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    What did you think of the sirens? I read another post that said he didn't care for the sirens.
    Might need ear plugs. Reminded me of the Colorado tornado game a few years back. At first wondered if there was an emergency but laughed when we realized what was going on.

Guess I will learn to accept them if we use them more.

U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Addict
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,053
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

were the speakers as loud as your sig?

Addict
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,845
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 70

I thought that the sound system sounded great. For awhile there, they cranked it up (probably like what they would do with a crowd on gameday) and it was LOUD, yet with zero distortion. On top of that, there wasn't any echo.

I do think that they are trying a new tradition with the sirens. I'm not going to say they sound bad, but they need to be louder and if they are real sirens, it's not like there's a volume switch. They may need to be mik'ed up.

Prospect
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    I thought that the sound system sounded great. For awhile there, they cranked it up (probably like what they would do with a crowd on gameday) and it was LOUD, yet with zero distortion. On top of that, there wasn't any echo.

I do think that they are trying a new tradition with the sirens. I'm not going to say they sound bad, but they need to be louder and if they are real sirens, it's not like there's a volume switch. They may need to be mik'ed up.
    I would agree...the sounds system seems to have a lot of punch and no distortion. So we should be able to hear what they are announcing/talking about quite easily.

The first time I heard the sirens I thought they sounded pretty good and were loud enough, the next time they seemed muted, so maybe they can adjust the level or push them through the sound system.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 15

Agree about the siren. At first I wasn't sure if I was hearing an ambulance in the distance or what. The siren definitely needs to be louder and lead into a pump up the crowd type song like the ones used at Hilton.

Recruit
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Me and my girlfriend were driving by going the stadium going south and we could here the scoreboard perfectly the road