New scoreboard sound
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 20,512, Level: 43
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    majorcyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,061
    Points
    20,512
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 77

    New scoreboard sound

    Went to the Gridiron scrimmage this last Saturday and listen to the music being played thru apparently the speakers on the new video scoreboard when they played a video. Extremely, extremely loud but NOT distorted. Wondering if anyone else attending that day had an impression of the sound system and how the whole sound system might be like come game day.

    I realize with a crowd, the noise level might mute some of the sound coming from the speakers but the whole sound system sounded overpowering and yet good. With the right sound level, sounded like everyone should be hearing the sounds very well with whatever other speakers are in place. You could hardly carry on a conversation with the guy next to you on Saturday to start with. Seemed that they turned it down later when playing Sweet Carolina, LOL.

    I had thought there used to be speakers sticking out of the corners of the south video board, but saw there were none on the south video scoreboard on Saturday.

    Maybe our sound problems might have gotten fixed??


    Last edited by majorcyfan; 08-22-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 114,167, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,526
    Points
    114,167
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 590

    Re: New scoreboard sound

    Quote Originally Posted by majorcyfan View Post
    Went to the Gridiron scrimmage this last Saturday and listen to the music being played thru apparently the speakers on the new video scoreboard when they played a video. Extremely, extremely loud but NOT distorted. Wondering if anyone else attending that day had an impression of the sound system and how the whole sound system might be like come game day.

    I realize with a crowd, the noise level might mute some of the sound coming from the speakers but the whole sound system sounded overpowering and yet good. With the right sound level, sounded like everyone should be hearing the sounds very well with whatever other speakers are in place. You could hardly carry on a conversation with the guy next to you on Saturday to start with. Seemed that they turned it down later when playing Sweet Carolina, LOL.

    I had thought there used to be speakers sticking out of the corners of the south video board, but saw there were none on the south video scoreboard on Saturday.
    What did you think of the sirens? I read another post that said he didn't care for the sirens.


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 20,512, Level: 43
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    majorcyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,061
    Points
    20,512
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 77

    Re: New scoreboard sound

    Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    What did you think of the sirens? I read another post that said he didn't care for the sirens.
    Might need ear plugs. Reminded me of the Colorado tornado game a few years back. At first wondered if there was an emergency but laughed when we realized what was going on.

    Guess I will learn to accept them if we use them more.


    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 79,097, Level: 87
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,053
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,232
    Points
    79,097
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

    Re: New scoreboard sound

    were the speakers as loud as your sig?



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 95,205, Level: 96
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,845
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dow City, IA
    Posts
    5,727
    Points
    95,205
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 70

    Re: New scoreboard sound

    I thought that the sound system sounded great. For awhile there, they cranked it up (probably like what they would do with a crowd on gameday) and it was LOUD, yet with zero distortion. On top of that, there wasn't any echo.

    I do think that they are trying a new tradition with the sirens. I'm not going to say they sound bad, but they need to be louder and if they are real sirens, it's not like there's a volume switch. They may need to be mik'ed up.



  6. #6
    Prospect
    Points: 5,585, Level: 22
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ankenycyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    52
    Points
    5,585
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: New scoreboard sound

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    I thought that the sound system sounded great. For awhile there, they cranked it up (probably like what they would do with a crowd on gameday) and it was LOUD, yet with zero distortion. On top of that, there wasn't any echo.

    I do think that they are trying a new tradition with the sirens. I'm not going to say they sound bad, but they need to be louder and if they are real sirens, it's not like there's a volume switch. They may need to be mik'ed up.
    I would agree...the sounds system seems to have a lot of punch and no distortion. So we should be able to hear what they are announcing/talking about quite easily.

    The first time I heard the sirens I thought they sounded pretty good and were loud enough, the next time they seemed muted, so maybe they can adjust the level or push them through the sound system.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,181, Level: 70
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,194
    Points
    52,181
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 15

    Re: New scoreboard sound

    Agree about the siren. At first I wasn't sure if I was hearing an ambulance in the distance or what. The siren definitely needs to be louder and lead into a pump up the crowd type song like the ones used at Hilton.



  8. #8
    Recruit
    Points: 4,564, Level: 19
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    KHoing7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    LeGrand
    Posts
    99
    Points
    4,564
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: New scoreboard sound

    Me and my girlfriend were driving by going the stadium going south and we could here the scoreboard perfectly the road



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM