Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

True Freshman getting PT ?

Does anyone know which freshman will most likely get PT and not redshirt? I know that Parker and Johnson for sure will play and possibly Arnaud.

Does anyone know regarding Devin McDowell, Frere, Sandvig, Etc? How about the other 2 freshman running backs? I know that McDowell and Sandvig are burners and could really help us in the secondary and on special teams.

Anyone's thoughts?....

Drews79

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4
    I hope Arnaud doesn't see playing time this year, because that most likely means that Meyer MIA.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I think Sandvig will get some special teams time. He would be a kick returner if it weren't for Jackson and Flynn. I think he could go back a few time this year but dont look for it to be a permanent thing. Next year though, he will be the kick returner.

God Bless America

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I don't believe Sandvig is even working on kick returns, is he?. The freshman who's working on returns is Drenard Williams. He and McDowell will probably both play. They are two of the speedier freshmen in this class and have probably bumped Chris Brown and Steve Johnson to third string CBs.

My guess on the frosh who will see playing time is Parker, Johnson, McDowell, Williams, Frere and Garrin. Several more could possibly see playing time too, like Kris Means (just because of the lack of LB depth) and another of the RBs, if Scales can't come back at full speed and Hicks gets banged up again. Both Robinson and Moore have impressed the coaches, but if I had to guess which one would be next in line for taking the redshirt off, it would be Moore, just because the staff seems to like the bigger RBs. However, I would REALLY like to see what Robinson can do. He's a shifty RB, the kind of RB we haven't seen at ISU for a long time. He reminds me of Dexter Green.

Last edited by AlanAldaClone; 08-21-2006 at 12:20 AM.