Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 21,614, Level: 44
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Arkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bella Vista, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,400
    Points
    21,614
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 29

    Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    We drafted this morning and I had the no. 4 pick

    Strategy: take a top 5 RB (probably Ray Rice) and come back with an elite QB with the 2nd pick followed by a WR

    Here's what happened: Got Ray Rice but second pick came down to Peyton Manning or Maurice Jones-Drew. Took MJD due to all the talk about Peyton Manning's neck surgery. Yeah, I know he'll be big but do you really pass on two elite RBs? The elite QBs are gone so I'm looking at mids.

    Final Result: QB: Roethlisberger, Freeman, Cutlar (although I may drop Cutlar for Flaaco). RBs: Ray Rice, MJD, Jacobs, Sproles, Pierre Thomas.: WR: Hakeem Nicks, Danny Amendola (we're in a PPR and return league so don't laugh), Mario Manningham, and Jacoby Ford (think return yards again) TE: Dallas Clark

    My final grade: C. definitely not ideal but definitely could be worse.

    Rank your draft...


    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 186,768, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,537
    Points
    186,768
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 480
    Given: 222

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    We did a snake draft and a PPR league.
    I got Ray Rice at pick #8 and then got Rivers with my next pick. I was happy with that.

    Then I got Desean Jackson and Antonio Gates (who I had last year, and I love). Gates missed 7 games last year and was still the #2 fantasy TE. Plus the Rivers to Gates connection will be awesome.

    Then Cedric Benson and Felix Jones. Taking Gates basically cost me a slight downgrade on my last RB, but I think the production is worth it.

    I got the Patriots D/ST, and I was really close to getting the Ravens who I wanted but they got taken from under me.

    My final picks were Julio Jones, Santana Moss (I couldn't believe he was still available with all the targets he will get), LT, Robert Meachem, Lee Evans, Donovan McNabb, Demarco Murray, Bernard Berrian, and Sebastian Janikowski.

    I'd give myself a B because of Rice, Rivers, and Gates, but nothing too special happened where I got a huge steal or anything.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 21,614, Level: 44
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Arkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bella Vista, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,400
    Points
    21,614
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 29

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    We did a snake draft and a PPR league.
    I got Ray Rice at pick #8 and then got Rivers with my next pick. I was happy with that.

    Then I got Desean Jackson and Antonio Gates (who I had last year, and I love). Gates missed 7 games last year and was still the #2 fantasy TE. Plus the Rivers to Gates connection will be awesome.

    Then Cedric Benson and Felix Jones. Taking Gates basically cost me a slight downgrade on my last RB, but I think the production is worth it.

    I got the Patriots D/ST, and I was really close to getting the Ravens who I wanted but they got taken from under me.

    My final picks were Julio Jones, Santana Moss (I couldn't believe he was still available with all the targets he will get), LT, Robert Meachem, Lee Evans, Donovan McNabb, Demarco Murray, Bernard Berrian, and Sebastian Janikowski.

    I'd give myself a B because of Rice, Rivers, and Gates, but nothing too special happened where I got a huge steal or anything.
    I'd be pretty good with your picks. My original hopes were to get a decent RB and then, fingers crossed, get Brady with my second pick. Didn't happen. You and I think somewhat alike with you going Rivers/Gates. Me, I was thinking Manning/Clark as Clark seems to put up WR numbers. My second to last pick, I went with the Patriots for a D which I thought was a steal. I think you're B rating is legit. I may move mine to C+, possibly B-.


    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 186,768, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,537
    Points
    186,768
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 480
    Given: 222

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
    I'd be pretty good with your picks. My original hopes were to get a decent RB and then, fingers crossed, get Brady with my second pick. Didn't happen. You and I think somewhat alike with you going Rivers/Gates. Me, I was thinking Manning/Clark as Clark seems to put up WR numbers. My second to last pick, I went with the Patriots for a D which I thought was a steal. I think you're B rating is legit. I may move mine to C+, possibly B-.
    We didn't get anywhere near that for defenses that is a definite steal. I had to take them with my 7th pick, which was too early but I wanted to get a defense before they were all gone. I didn't really like the RBs available at that pick anyway which was my other option.

    I usually steer clear of any Colt besides Manning just because he spreads it around so much. Clark is a good bet though you are right.

    Your draft is fine I think except for you getting a bit unlucky with the QB situation. Why do you have 3 QBs? I usually just stockpile WRs and RBs.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 15,484, Level: 37
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Cyznutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    995
    Points
    15,484
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    In a PPR, I drafted at 10,so I took the best WR available and then on the snake took the best RB available. I took P. Rivers in round 3 knowing he wouldnt be there on the snake, but Bowe was still there in round 4, so i was happy. My first 5 picks look like this:
    1. R. White -Atl
    2. R. Mendenhall - Pitt
    3. P. Rivers - SD
    4. D.Bowe - KC
    5. P. Garcon (sp?) - Ind



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 23,333, Level: 46
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    StormnClone58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,351
    Points
    23,333
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 27

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    12 team ppr
    qb - flacco
    wr - wallace
    wr - wayne
    wr - collie
    rb - rice
    rb - chris johnson
    te - witten
    w/r - wells
    k - cundiff
    def -baltimore

    overall id grade my draft as a B+ ... had the 7th pick and almost crapped myself when rice was sitting there with the 7th pick ... wanted a wr on the way back down but couldn't pass up the value on cj2k ... only thing holding me back from giving myself an A is my qb ... wanted shaub but he went 2 picks before me to someone who already had a qb (amatuers) ...


    Winners' Never Quit and Quitters' Never Win

  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 6,564, Level: 24
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    61
    Points
    6,564
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    10 team ppr
    QB - Ben Roethlisberger
    RB - LeSean McCoy
    RB - Matt Forte
    WR - Andre Johnson
    WR - Hakeem Nicks
    TE - Jason Witten
    RB/WR/TE - Miles Austin
    Kicker - Jason Hanson
    DST - Patriots
    Bench: Wes Welker, Jay Cutler, Knowshon Moreno, Reggie Bush, Danny Amendola, Chris Cooley

    I ended up having the 10th pick. I wanted to get a top end WR and a RB who gets a lot of receptions since it is a PPR League. There were 3 QBs in the first 4 picks and none of those were Aaron Rogers or Michael Vick so I knew it was going to be a crazy draft. I couldn't believe that McCoy dropped to 10 and no WR were taken in the first round of a ppr league.

    I'd give myself an A-. I hurt myself a little bit by drafting Cooley because he has the same bye week as Witten and he's banged up. I'm hoping he'll go off at least one game before his bye week and I can try to package him in a trade. I also didn't really like drafting both Austin and Witten but I will use Welker a lot of weeks instead of Austin.

    Funniest Pick - Brady Quinn in the 2nd round haha I think she meant to get Tom Brady



  8. #8
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    Quote Originally Posted by StormnClone58 View Post
    12 team ppr
    qb - flacco
    wr - wallace
    wr - wayne
    wr - collie
    rb - rice
    rb - chris johnson
    te - witten
    w/r - wells
    k - cundiff
    def -baltimore

    overall id grade my draft as a B+ ... had the 7th pick and almost crapped myself when rice was sitting there with the 7th pick ... wanted a wr on the way back down but couldn't pass up the value on cj2k ... only thing holding me back from giving myself an A is my qb ... wanted shaub but he went 2 picks before me to someone who already had a qb (amatuers) ...
    Wayne & Collie? Who's going to throw to them, Kerry Collins?



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 23,333, Level: 46
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    StormnClone58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,351
    Points
    23,333
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 27

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    Quote Originally Posted by woodiemiller View Post
    Wayne & Collie? Who's going to throw to them, Kerry Collins?
    this draft took place two weeks ago so i was assuming manning would be out for a week or two and id be set ... probably will still play wayne as he did his usual without manning but will replace collie with either jacoby ford or mike thomas ...


    Winners' Never Quit and Quitters' Never Win

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 161,248, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,010
    Points
    161,248
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 42

    Re: Your draft pick, your stategy, and your final grade

    10 team 16 round snake draft with draft re-order every 2 rounds (re-order by drawing playing cards). I had the 10th pick in first, 5th in third, 7th in 5th, 6th in 7th, 5th in 9th, 8th in 11th, 4th in 13th, and 1st in 15th. It's a pass-heavy league with point distribution, except there aren't any points per reception.

    Team:

    QB: Flacco, Bradford, Fitzpatrick
    RB: Ray Rice, DeAngelo Williams, Felix Jones, Pierre Thomas
    WR: Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Steve Johnson, Mike Sims-Walker
    TE: Dustin Keller, Aaron Hernandez
    D/ST: Chargers, 49ers
    K: Janikowski


    I'd say I'd grade it a B.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM