Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 2,359, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Kyle8725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12
    Points
    2,359
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    First time post but I have been a fan of this site for along long time. Getting ready to start my college adventure and Im a lil nervous. Moving into Linden Hall tmrw morning and rooming with one of my closer friends from high school. Majoring in Ag Business and Economics. Ik there was a similar thread about this topic about a month ago but I was wondering if anyone had any last minute words of wisdom or if anyone had any advice about Linden Hall specifically??



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 559,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,285
    Points
    559,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 78

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.


    Last edited by ISUAgronomist; 08-15-2011 at 11:32 AM.


  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 8,727, Level: 27
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    202
    Points
    8,727
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle8725 View Post
    First time post but I have been a fan of this site for along long time. Getting ready to start my college adventure and Im a lil nervous. Moving into Linden Hall tmrw morning and rooming with one of my closer friends from high school. Majoring in Ag Business and Economics. Ik there was a similar thread about this topic about a month ago but I was wondering if anyone had any last minute words of wisdom or if anyone had any advice about Linden Hall specifically??

    Be social, find the social, includer individuals on your floor and building and join in as many activities as possible. Too many people are shy the first week or so and miss out on a lot of opportunities to make a lot of new friends. This is also a great way to find your group to hang out, eat with, or go to the lied to play some sports etc.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 404,790, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,077
    Points
    404,790
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 110

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1je0U1Zo98]Ryan Reynolds in Van Wilder - YouTube[/ame]



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 58,691, Level: 75
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,359
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,870
    Points
    58,691
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 56

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cystheman View Post
    Be social, find the social, includer individuals on your floor and building and join in as many activities as possible. Too many people are shy the first week or so and miss out on a lot of opportunities to make a lot of new friends. This is also a great way to find your group to hang out, eat with, or go to the lied to play some sports etc.
    This. Don't just hang out with your roomy and other people you went to high school with. Meet as many people as you can, especially the cute ones!



  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 8,727, Level: 27
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    202
    Points
    8,727
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Quote Originally Posted by djcubby View Post
    This. Don't just hang out with your roomy and other people you went to high school with. Meet as many people as you can, especially the cute ones!

    As i remember, Linden is a all male dorm. if you swing that way go for it i guess........not that there is anything wrong with that---seinfeld



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 117,774, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    6,476
    Points
    117,774
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 82

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Manage your time well. College is about learning a lot in and outside of the classroom, but keep up in the stuff in the classroom. Getting into academic problems is a deeper hole than some realize.




  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 174,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    GeronimusClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    174,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Don't disregard the ugly chicks. Sometimes their dads have money.


    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 73,891, Level: 84
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycopath25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (307)
    Posts
    5,111
    Points
    73,891
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Hook up with as many hot chicks as possible. As life goes on you only get older, fatter, and uglier.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 58,691, Level: 75
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,359
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,870
    Points
    58,691
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 56

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cystheman View Post
    As i remember, Linden is a all male dorm. if you swing that way go for it i guess........not that there is anything wrong with that---seinfeld
    There are more people on campus other than just those who live in Linden Hall...



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 174,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    GeronimusClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    174,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Quote Originally Posted by cycopath25 View Post
    Hook up with as many hot chicks as possible. As life goes on you only get older, fatter, and uglier.
    And, usually, so do they.


    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 403,815, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,468
    Points
    403,815
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 162

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    I wish I was starting my freshman year in college again. It feels like yesterday I was moving in for my first time.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 484,080, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,025
    Points
    484,080
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 97

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.
    +1,000,000


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  14. #14
    Prospect
    Points: 2,359, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Kyle8725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12
    Points
    2,359
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cystheman View Post
    As i remember, Linden is a all male dorm. if you swing that way go for it i guess........not that there is anything wrong with that---seinfeld
    actually its coed so thats a plus



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 559,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,285
    Points
    559,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 78

    Re: Moving in tmrw...any last minute advice??

    Don't allow the D.U.F.F.* / Friendasaurus cockblock you at parties.


    *Designated Ugly Fat Friend




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM