Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 129

How to deal with A&M?

With the real possibility of A&M not getting the requisite votes from the SEC, or a Texas political intervention, how does the Big 12 respond if A&M does NOT get the SEC invite?

I've seen some quotes that suggest the conference would welcome them back, but IMO that's a terrible move. A&M is a trouble maker, and is undoubtedly the least committed member of the Big 12. As long as they're around they are going to *****, whine, and basically be a problem.

I understand that they're a valuable member, blah blah blah, but since we've come out and said that if A&M leaves, we'd move forward with expansion, I just don't see why we don't boot them any way, and continue with that same expansion.

It's like you're wife started having an affair, told you she was leaving, packed her ****, and when she got to her boyfriend's place found that he had changed the locks. You don't take that **** back.

I think allowing A&M to continue as a Big 12 member would further destabilize the conference and continue to hurt our national image.

Last edited by keepngoal; 08-14-2011 at 07:17 AM.
    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,067
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 294
    Given: 52

Re: How to deal with A&M?

Keep them. They have a poor hand - in all liklihood the sec will NEVER consider them again.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Keep them. They have a poor hand - in all liklihood the sec will NEVER consider them again.
    The last sentence is true, but they could try to do something with another league. They are a cancer.

Pro
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 5

Maybe a little lesson in humility will do them good. Mizzou has managed to keep her skirt down for a little while.

"Me not winning isn't important. You do!"

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I worry that a Big 12 with A&M in it is a league that's on the verge of exploding at any time.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,067
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 294
    Given: 52

I don't see them as being a good fit in another league. Maybe the B10 due to arrogance only.

Starter
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

I don't think any other league would be interested in just A&M. The Big Ten/Pac 12 might want them as a package with Texas, but if that happens the Big 12 is probably done anyway.

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

this logic is common in the workplace as well, try taking a look around at your options with other companies and then see how welcome you feel back at the office, problem with this logic is that if you are a strong producer it does your current company no good to kick you out and spin it to everyone else that you were the cancer. Better course of action would be the address the problems of why A&M continued to look in the first place and find a way for them to stay. If you just say they will have to come back wtih their tail between their legs like Missouri, then when they can they will leave and this saga will never end

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
    this logic is common in the workplace as well, try taking a look around at your options with other companies and then see how welcome you feel back at the office, problem with this logic is that if you are a strong producer it does your current company no good to kick you out and spin it to everyone else that you were the cancer. Better course of action would be the address the problems of why A&M continued to look in the first place and find a way for them to stay. If you just say they will have to come back wtih their tail between their legs like Missouri, then when they can they will leave and this saga will never end
    This is different than feeling out the job market and not finding a better job.

This is like wanting a different job, so you run around the office like a lunatic, screaming at people, setting fires in trash cans, urinating in the cubicles, crapping on your boss's desk and trying to suck the CEO of the other company's ****, only to not get the job.

You've literally almost burned your former office to the ground, and your co-workers are just trying to pick the place up.

That's what A&M has done. We can't address the problem of why A&M left anymore. Texas offered to curtail the controversial actions of the LHN to save the conference, and A&M persisted on leaving. The only way to fix the problem on A&M's end is to remove Texas, which ain't happening. Aggie HAS to go.

Last edited by LindenCy; 08-14-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Walk On
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by JD720 View Post
    I don't think any other league would be interested in just A&M. The Big Ten/Pac 12 might want them as a package with Texas, but if that happens the Big 12 is probably done anyway.
    I take a different viewpoint on what A&M is doing. Imagine if we were in a conference with Iowa and we thought of ourselves as at least their equals, but it reality, they had more successful athletics than we did, especially in football. And imagine if Iowa formed the Hawkeye Television Network and it would be broadcast through the upper midwest. They were going to get a ton of revenue from the deal that would not be shared with us or other conference members. And they were going to televise Iowa high school football games, espcially ones featuring the top recruits in Iowa. Don't you think we would be steaming mad and looking for a change? I know I would.

That is the situation A&M is in. Their biggest rival is creating huge advantages for themselves and they have no way to stop it. Just like Nebraska and Colorado, I don't blame A&M at all for looking to the SEC. To further the marriage analogy, if your spouse was keeping their own bank account, had all of the money and only gave you a smaller allowance, would you think that was fair and want to stay?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This isn't about whether A&M was in the right to leave or not, this is about the health of the league going forward.

A&M wants out, and they need to go, regardless of whether they get into the SEC. A&M might not get into the SEC, but they need to get out of the Big 12. They'll never be happy until they're not in the same conference as Texas.

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Texas, ESPN & Greed are the blame for A&M's Actionss. There is no doubt about that in my mind. A&M has blood on their hands sure, but its hard to blame them for trying to find something to counter Texas with when Texas started changing the agreement. Greed will/has detroyed Collegiate Athletics. We are all supposed to be grateful to TexASS for saving the conference, best case for ISU is A&M gets over it and the healing begins, but it appears doubtful

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59

When this latest missle crisis is over, I bet we end up exactly where we started. I don't think the SEC is going to extend an invite to A&M bacause the SEC has now learned the Big 12 will come after them with $1 billion + law suit for voiding the Big 12's TV contract with Fox. And the Big 12 will not boot A&M out for the very same reason - they don't want to do something that will void their contract with Fox. So A&M will come back home with their tail between their legs.

I could easily be wrong on this, but that's how I see it playing out.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
    Texas, ESPN & Greed are the blame for A&M's Actionss. There is no doubt about that in my mind. A&M has blood on their hands sure, but its hard to blame them for trying to find something to counter Texas with when Texas started changing the agreement. Greed will/has detroyed Collegiate Athletics. We are all supposed to be grateful to TexASS for saving the conference, best case for ISU is A&M gets over it and the healing begins, but it appears doubtful
    But A&M won't get over anything. I don't care about the blame game, but now that A&M has clearly shown that A) they are unhappy in the Big 12; and B) they not only want to leave, but they want to destroy the Big 12 without them here, how can they EVER go back to being a functional member?

They want out. They might not get into the SEC. If they remain in the Big 12, it's unlikely that they would ever get over it. They will continue to try and destroy the Big 12 if they're in it. At this point it's best for both parties to switch directions.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,347
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 130

The day A&M decided to leave, the NCAA ruled that NOBODY would be allowed to broadcast a high school game on any TV network affiliated with an NCAA school.

Despite neutralizing the main issue they claimed to be upset about, they still pursued leaving.