Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 4

ISU v. UConn @ Hartford

Hey all,

I'm a long time reader, but I finally decided to join and start participating, in no small part so I can make this thread. My whole story and introduction is here:

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...bout-time.html

For those of you tl;dr, I went to Iowa State, but now I live in Amherst, MA, and I am looking to go to the ISU-UConn game in Hartford in about a month.

Anybody know the best resources for tickets, best quality/lowest price and all that? Some website for UConn, some third-party site, etc.? Any help is appreciated, since I am kind of new at this game of digging up tickets, as I've always had my way comped by ISU as a member of the marching or pep bands previously.

Also, I don't know if there are going to be enough ISU fans in New England for something like this, but, anybody reading this planning on coming to this game live and interested in forming a group? Otherwise I'll just go by myself or with a group of coworkers, since UMass football is abandoning them anyways.

Rookie
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: ISU v. UConn @ Hartford

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmapolis View Post
    Hey all,

I'm a long time reader, but I finally decided to join and start participating, in no small part so I can make this thread. My whole story and introduction is here:

For those of you tl;dr, I went to Iowa State, but now I live in Amherst, MA, and I am looking to go to the ISU-UConn game in Hartford in about a month.

Anybody know the best resources for tickets, best quality/lowest price and all that? Some website for UConn, some third-party site, etc.? Any help is appreciated, since I am kind of new at this game of digging up tickets, as I've always had my way comped by ISU as a member of the marching or pep bands previously.

Also, I don't know if there are going to be enough ISU fans in New England for something like this, but, anybody reading this planning on coming to this game live and interested in forming a group? Otherwise I'll just go by myself or with a group of coworkers, since UMass football is abandoning them anyways.
    The Alumni Association is going to have a tailgate that you can go to. Iowa State University Alumni Association - Cyclone Football at UConn. I got my tickets through the athletic dept. for the game, but I'm sure you can get cheap tickets at the game. You can just move to the visitor section once you're in, as I'm sure the game won't be full.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmapolis View Post
    Hey all,

I bought mine through a website called metro entertainment. Stub hub is also a good source. My seats are in the lower bowl behind the north endzone and were less than 30 bucks. The alumni association is hosting a tailgate at the ramada near the stadium. It's thirty for members n forty for non members. I booked a room at that hotel. It was 79 plus taxes on hotels.com. I'm going with my dad who was a 61 grad from isu, also a band member and was admin assistant of the marching band in the early 90s when he was working on a masters. Hope this info helps.

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 225

Who knows? We might be playing at UConn every 4 years.

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsTournament View Post
    Who knows? We might be playing at UConn every 4 years.
    That'd be nice for me (including for volleyball, women's and men's basketball, etc., which I almost like watching more than football), but I think for the general health of the university and the Cyclones as a whole, let's hope not...

@ jr4cy - Thank you for the link, I'll definitely look into it. Hopefully/maybe somebody else in the area might see this, too.