Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 44,790, Level: 65
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,121
    Points
    44,790
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Lack of Big 12 Title Game will keep conference together

    OU and UT determine this is the best route to national championship. This will keep the conference together.


    Honor Before Victory

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 409,978, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,370
    Points
    409,978
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 205

    Re: Lack of Big 12 Title Game will keep conference together

    So, by not playing the best team in the north half, you have an easier path, and the solution is to play a schedule that guarantees you play everyone, including the best teams?

    Makes no sense, and leaves a lot of money on the table.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 154,570, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    8,361
    Points
    154,570
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 963
    Given: 280

    Re: Lack of Big 12 Title Game will keep conference together

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    So, by not playing the best team in the north half, you have an easier path, and the solution is to play a schedule that guarantees you play everyone, including the best teams?

    Makes no sense, and leaves a lot of money on the table.
    This is how OU and UT think, especially OU. They have tripped up in the title game before. Stoops doesn't like it. I think if TAMU leaves we repopulate to 10, hopefully with BYU, and go on for at least a little while longer.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 26,515, Level: 49
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    berther48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Posts
    355
    Points
    26,515
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 192

    Re: Lack of Big 12 Title Game will keep conference together

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    OU and UT determine this is the best route to national championship. This will keep the conference together.
    Ok lets trade!
    Cry babies TAMU for the University of Arkansas!
    Even trade, one Big Twelve school for one SEC School.
    Arkansas to Ames 7 hours 38 minutes 460 miles.
    Arkansas to Lawerence 4 hours 24 minutes 264 miles.
    Arkansas to Manhanttan 5 hours 52 minutes 357 miles.
    Arkansas to Austin 8 hours 54 minutes 529 miles.
    Arkansas to Baylor 4 hours 3 minutes 236 miles.
    Arkansas to Norman 3 hours 57 minutes 230 miles.
    Arkansas to Stillwater 3 hours 14 minutes 182 miles.
    Arkansas to Columbia 5 hours 22 minutes 309 miles.
    Arkansas to Lubbcok 9 hours 40 minutes 567 miles.

    All these are closer to Arkansas than the trip to Flordia, Tennesse, South Carolina.
    Most fans could travel to each others home games.
    A new state in the conference other than Texas.
    Good recruiting area, surrounded on all sides by BIG 12 Teams.
    So lets send them an invite. Lets go shake their trees and see who is unhappy.
    Lets be pro-active
    Neither school needs to pay a penalty, fair trade, better competition for all.
    Jamie Pollard think it over, make them an offer, look what they would save in travel.
    Good MBB don't know about womens BB,both mens and womens track programs.
    Think about it??????


    Last edited by berther48; 08-13-2011 at 05:20 PM.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 94,946, Level: 95
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,147
    Points
    94,946
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 297

    Re: Lack of Big 12 Title Game will keep conference together

    Quote Originally Posted by berther48 View Post
    Ok lets trade!
    Cry babies TAMU for the University of Arkansas!
    Even trade, one Big Twelve school for one SEC School.
    Arkansas to Ames 7 hours 38 minutes 460 miles.
    Arkansas to Lawerence 4 hours 24 minutes 264 miles.
    Arkansas to Manhanttan 5 hours 52 minutes 357 miles.
    Arkansas to Austin 8 hours 54 minutes 529 miles.
    Arkansas to Baylor 4 hours 3 minutes 236 miles.
    Arkansas to Norman 3 hours 57 minutes 230 miles.
    Arkansas to Stillwater 3 hours 14 minutes 182 miles.
    Arkansas to Columbia 5 hours 22 minutes 309 miles.
    Arkansas to Lubbcok 9 hours 40 minutes 567 miles.

    All these are closer to Arkansas than the trip to Flordia, Tennesse, South Carolina.
    Most fans could travel to each others home games.
    A new state in the conference other than Texas.
    Good recruiting area, surrounded on all sides by BIG 12 Teams.
    So lets send them an invite. Lets go shake their trees and see who is unhappy.
    Lets be pro-active
    Neither school needs to pay a penalty, fair trade, better competition for all.
    Jamie Pollard think it over, make them an offer, look what they would save in travel.
    Good MBB don't know about womens BB,both mens and womens track programs.
    Think about it??????
    Arkansas is NOT leaving a 100% intact, better money, and a better conference to join a conference that is crumbling, less money, and a lesser conference. These people bringing up Arkansas all the time have to be ******* idiots.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Lack of Big 12 Title Game will keep conference together

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxfever View Post
    Arkansas is NOT leaving a 100% intact, better money, and a better conference to join a conference that is crumbling, less money, and a lesser conference. These people bringing up Arkansas all the time have to be ******* idiots.
    Yeah, I don't want schools that we won't win against at least 50% of the time.


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 34,208, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sigmapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    996
    Points
    34,208
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 12

    Re: Lack of Big 12 Title Game will keep conference together

    For the sake of argument, and I'm absolutely not 100% predicting this will happen, but how will looking at the logic of re-expanding the conference back up to a viable number of teams (say 10 or 12) from 9 look to OU and UT when they make their final decision on how to lay down their cards?

    For instance...

    Big 12 North:
    1. ISU
    2. Kansas
    3. KU
    4. Mizzou
    5. OSU
    6. OU

    Big 12 South:
    1. Baylor
    2. Houston
    3. SMU
    4. TCU
    5. UT
    6. Texas Tech

    Amazing how that works out to two divisions of remnants from the old Big 8 and Southwestern Conference...

    Anyways, in this situation, depending on *whoever* was added (Notre Dame, Cincinnati, AF, BYU, doesn't really matter), there might be a championship game again. What are OU and UT going to think of that, and/or what are they going to think of the chance of having an annual rematch in the championship game against each other in Jerryworld in front of a national TV audience, more often than not for a berth in the national championship/a chance to spoil the other one's chances? Just thinking aloud here, since it could be pretty good for the reborn conference, if it survives, to have OU and UT in different divisions, but they might not like that, and I don't know if I would like having OU in the north to ruin our fun...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM