Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

? What Does Each Conference Pay

Does anyone know what TV rights pay to member schools for each BCS conference?

When the Big 12 negotiated the recent FOX contract I thought it closed the gap pretty significantly vs. the Big 10 & SEC. The Big 12 contract with ESPN is up in a couple years - so I would expect more money to come the Big 12's way.

Is A&M leaving the Big 12 more wanting to divorce itself from Texas and create its own identity than financial?

If the $ aren't significant- why join the SEC? A&M has been a middle of the pack FB program in the Big 12. They appear to be on the right track, but realistically can they consistenly be a top 5 team in the SEC with the likes of Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee and Georgia? I have to believe their is a financial benefit of being a top 4 Big 12 schools vs. the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 117

Re: ? What Does Each Conference Pay

Quote Originally Posted by isucy86 View Post
    Does anyone know what TV rights pay to member schools for each BCS conference?

When the Big 12 negotiated the recent FOX contract I thought it closed the gap pretty significantly vs. the Big 10 & SEC. The Big 12 contract with ESPN is up in a couple years - so I would expect more money to come the Big 12's way.

Is A&M leaving the Big 12 more wanting to divorce itself from Texas and create its own identity than financial?

If the $ aren't significant- why join the SEC? A&M has been a middle of the pack FB program in the Big 12. They appear to be on the right track, but realistically can they consistenly be a top 5 team in the SEC with the likes of Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee and Georgia? I have to believe their is a financial benefit of being a top 4 Big 12 schools vs. the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC.
    The SEC's contract was negotiated before values really started to take off for these contracts. Expanding will allow the SEC to renegotiate a higher value more in line with present contracts.