Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Texas and OU Math 12 Minus 3 Eqauls 2

Why the Big 12 will stay together:
    1) National Championships and BCS Games are easier with Nebraska and Texas A&M Gone.
    2) With only 2 Powers, you can continue to press the league to ensure you get yours.
    3) ESPN and the Longhorn Network gets their 2nd High Profile Game as Texas can schedule it non-conference OR require a 1oth team to be on their network.
    4) With A&M in the SEC, Texas can play them non-conference and get PAID in a big way
    5) If the Networks require a 10th team, Houston would be the choice, no threat to OU and Texas Supremecy and homecoming for their East Texas Recruits and it would be a perfect candidate to be on the Longhorn Network.
    6) The PAC 16 Makes no sense, as long as the Networks are willing to pay for the two national brands, more is not better, more is splitting revenue with teams that can't make as much as you can with 2+7 or 2+8.
    7)12-3 = 2, Missouri needs to understand the answer is not 3 and will never be 3, if they do, then I can see the league surviving.

Rookie
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

Re: Texas and OU Math 12 Minus 3 Eqauls 2

Quote Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
    Why the Big 12 will stay together:
    1) National Championships and BCS Games are easier with Nebraska and Texas A&M Gone.
    2) With only 2 Powers, you can continue to press the league to ensure you get yours.
    3) ESPN and the Longhorn Network gets their 2nd High Profile Game as Texas can schedule it non-conference OR require a 1oth team to be on their network.
    4) With A&M in the SEC, Texas can play them non-conference and get PAID in a big way
    5) If the Networks require a 10th team, Houston would be the choice, no threat to OU and Texas Supremecy and homecoming for their East Texas Recruits and it would be a perfect candidate to be on the Longhorn Network.
    6) The PAC 16 Makes no sense, as long as the Networks are willing to pay for the two national brands, more is not better, more is splitting revenue with teams that can't make as much as you can with 2+7 or 2+8.
    7)12-3 = 2, Missouri needs to understand the answer is not 3 and will never be 3, if they do, then I can see the league surviving.
    Props to you. No doubt that Texas and Oklahoma are loving life right now. Their only fear is if they get left behind in a 16 team superconference. Right now, they know they are losing the #3 team in the conference, and they really face no real threat on the football field in conference with Nebraska and aTm gone. They don't care that the next TV deal won't be as great because they already generated more than enough funds to support almost anything they want. In some respects, this helps ISU because we will be substituting aTm with some crap non-conference game increasing our chances of making a bowl each year. The question I struggle with is whether I'd be happier competing for 4th or 5th place in the Big 9 or competing for a championship in the Big East. Otherwise, I'm fairly content with aTm leaving....unless OU and OSU go with them.

Rookie
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Key detail from 2010, they both came back without knowing what A&M would do and without knowing how lucrative the LHN would end up being.

So if we can land BYU, what has changed? SEC was already a likely MNC spot.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,943
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 425

[QUOTE=Sammy11;2339064]
    So if we can land BYU, what has changed?

I still think Big 12 may be unstable in the long haul if there's a superconference trend but if UT & OU like the power position and a 10-team conference works, I'd charge hard to bring in BYU.