Miss the Cyclones
    Recruit
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Miss the Cyclones

Hey everyone hope you all are doing great. I was watching the Republican presidential debate last night and to my surprise it was held at ISU and they showed some of the campus and boy did it make me home sick.I have been watching ISU everyday and it seems they are poised for a good year,at least i hope so. We hope to see some of you at the UConn game. I hope ISU is not taking them as a sure win, every now and then they sneek up on someone and get the upset.So just wanted to tell you guys we think of you often and truely miss you, even Cy 16. Anyway here is hoping for a great year at ISU. Go Cyclones

T Capello

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

Re: Miss the Cyclones

It's nice to hear from you again. How are your two boys settling in at their colleges. What is James thinking about his chances at QB?

Recruit
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BooneCy View Post
    It's nice to hear from you again. How are your two boys settling in at their colleges. What is James thinking about his chances at QB?

Thanks for asking. James younger brother settled for Cal U. And James will be the starterand yesterday they scrimmaged and he had 6 touchdowns. But once again it is not the Big 12, but he will be playing. Like I said before i was against him leaving ISU but he made the decision. I really want ISU to win since they are the ones who gave james a chance in the beginning. The only negative we have had was, I occasionly E-Mail coach Rhoads and when we left i thanked him for everything and told him how much we respected him,then when his mother died i once again e-mailed him aqnd both times no response.So apparently he is mad at us. Anyway thanks for your reply and we will always love ISU. Have A GREAT DAY

T.Capello

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 616

Quote Originally Posted by Capello View Post
    Thanks for asking. James younger brother settled for Cal U. And James will be the starterand yesterday they scrimmaged and he had 6 touchdowns. But once again it is not the Big 12, but he will be playing. Like I said before i was against him leaving ISU but he made the decision. I really want ISU to win since they are the ones who gave james a chance in the beginning. The only negative we have had was, I occasionly E-Mail coach Rhoads and when we left i thanked him for everything and told him how much we respected him,then when his mother died i once again e-mailed him aqnd both times no response.So apparently he is mad at us. Anyway thanks for your reply and we will always love ISU. Have A GREAT DAY

T.Capello
    I dont really see Rhoads being a grudge holder off the field. My guess is he has more pressing matters with his job.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 1,354

T.Capello
    I doubt that he is mad at you guys. He's just very busy and occupied I'm guessing. Good to hear from you and I'm glad that everything is going well for you and your family. Hopefully this fall we will look good on TV winning some games!

Jamie's Fine for Helping Children:
    https://www.unitypoint.org/desmoines...-donation.aspx

Starter
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 50

I just want to throw in my well-wishes too. Good luck to your family and thanks for stopping by.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 389

Thanks for stopping by again!
    Best of luck to James and your other son!

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 680
    Given: 68

Good luck to James. No hard feelings from this guy. James did things the right way. He competed hard and gave it his best shot. But wanted to play and I can't blame him. I am sure the QB competition that we have going on right now will end up with someone disappointed in their Playing Time.

So good luck to James. And remember that once a Cyclone, always a Cyclone, even though your career path sometimes dictates that you must go somewhere else to achieve your goals.

Recruit
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    Good luck to James. No hard feelings from this guy. James did things the right way. He competed hard and gave it his best shot. But wanted to play and I can't blame him. I am sure the QB competition that we have going on right now will end up with someone disappointed in their Playing Time.

So good luck to James. And remember that once a Cyclone, always a Cyclone, even though your career path sometimes dictates that you must go somewhere else to achieve your goals.

Once again thanks for the kind words, but it will not be the same being amongst the wild ISU fans. Hopefully James can help his new team get off the mat. Go Cyclone

T.Capello

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 17

T.Capello
    The lack of response might have something to do with NCAA rules that limit contact for recruiting athletes - especially now that James has landed at another school.

Starter
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

T.Capello
    Please email Jamie. He'll get the message to Coach. You'll be satisfied. Possibly his assistant screens emails since he must get hundreds and hundreds of them daily.