Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 29,544, Level: 52
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,135
    Points
    29,544
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 53

    Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    I don't know why this even surprises me.... So just for comparative reasons, I went into the Houks Media Day photo album on DM-Reg site, 65 photos, compared to 18 photos from our media day.... I personally think a lot of the problem is they rotate the coverage every year between Logan and Pederson, IMO Logan is a horrible writer, which means our coverage this year will be even worse.... Crap gets old!!!!!!!



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 279,953, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,487
    Points
    279,953
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,314
    Given: 266

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    This just screams fail...



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,580, Level: 31
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 670
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    321
    Points
    10,580
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    I don't know why this even surprises me.... So just for comparative reasons, I went into the Houks Media Day photo album on DM-Reg site, 65 photos, compared to 18 photos from our media day.... I personally think a lot of the problem is they rotate the coverage every year between Logan and Pederson, IMO Logan is a horrible writer, which means our coverage this year will be even worse.... Crap gets old!!!!!!!

    You have got to be kidding me bud. Who cares how many pictures each team has??? (I mean, besides you).



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 29,544, Level: 52
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,135
    Points
    29,544
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 53

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by ameshammer View Post
    You have got to be kidding me bud. Who cares how many pictures each team has??? (I mean, besides you).
    Most people it has direct correlation to the coverage that the media source gives us... I personally think that shows what is to come this year.....



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,580, Level: 31
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 670
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    321
    Points
    10,580
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    would it make you feel better if a law was passed mandating equal pictures for Iowa and Iowa State in the newspaper???



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 279,953, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,487
    Points
    279,953
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,314
    Given: 266

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    Most people it has direct correlation to the coverage that the media source gives us... I personally think that shows what is to come this year.....
    ITS THIS WAY EVERY YEAR!!! There are more Iowa fans in the state than ISU fans. You supply to the demand, its simple economics. Also, his name is Logue, not Logan, and Randy's last name is spelled Peterson. If your going to ***** about something so stupid and pointless, at least get your **** straight.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 29,544, Level: 52
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,135
    Points
    29,544
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 53

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by ameshammer View Post
    would it make you feel better if a law was passed mandating equal pictures for Iowa and Iowa State in the newspaper???
    Now you are just being an idiot.... I was describing one facet of where there is an abundant lack of coverage from one local media outlet, I am just asking for a little help from local media with exposure.....



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 16,380, Level: 38
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    573
    Points
    16,380
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 38

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Didn't a lot of our media day get rained out?



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 279,953, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,487
    Points
    279,953
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,314
    Given: 266

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    Now you are just being an idiot.... I was describing one facet of where there is an abundant lack of coverage from one local media outlet, I am just asking for a little help from local media with exposure.....



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 29,544, Level: 52
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,135
    Points
    29,544
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 53

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by dtlantz View Post
    Didn't a lot of our media day get rained out?
    The interviews still occured up under the concourse....



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 309,970, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    17,396
    Points
    309,970
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,792
    Given: 4,004

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    I understand the supply and demand situation, but it is a pretty regular occurance that the Rag does a half *** job with ISU media.

    It doesn't cost them any extra money to fill up a digital camera memory card and it doesn't cost them any more to upload more pics to their website. They just don't care to do it.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 57,395, Level: 74
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,155
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,942
    Points
    57,395
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 143

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    Now you are just being an idiot.... I was describing one facet of where there is an abundant lack of coverage from one local media outlet, I am just asking for a little help from local media with exposure.....
    There are 2 places that you will get equal or greater exposure for ISU over Iowa.

    1. Iowa State Daily
    2. Ames Tribune



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 29,544, Level: 52
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,135
    Points
    29,544
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 53

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    I understand the supply and demand situation, but it is a pretty regular occurance that the Rag does a half *** job with ISU media.

    It doesn't cost them any extra money to fill up a digital camera memory card and it doesn't cost them any more to upload more pics to their website. They just don't care to do it.
    Thanks dude, the rest of u can **** off! Anyone who does not agree with this is probably a partial EIU fan....



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 16,380, Level: 38
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    573
    Points
    16,380
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 38

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    The interviews still occured up under the concourse....
    But you can't take 65 pictures on the concourse!



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 279,953, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,487
    Points
    279,953
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,314
    Given: 266

    Re: Got to Love the DM-Reg Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    Thanks dude, the rest of u can **** off! Anyone who does not agree with this is probably a partial EIU fan....
    Be careful, moms going to take away computer privileges if you keep talking like that...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM