Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Oni back to OL

  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 248,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,540
    Points
    248,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,259
    Given: 1,382

    Oni back to OL

    Per Twitter/Facebook.

    That didn't last long.

    Coach Bleil said after practice tonight that freshman Oni Omoile
    has decided to move back to the offensive line after spending a few
    practices with the defensive line



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 109,707, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    9,221
    Points
    109,707
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 268

    Re: Oni back to OL

    Wow lol



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,891, Level: 26
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    297
    Points
    7,891
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

    Re: Oni back to OL

    He decided?



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 248,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,540
    Points
    248,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,259
    Given: 1,382

    Re: Oni back to OL

    Quote Originally Posted by cycub51 View Post
    He decided?
    I'm hoping it was more of a mutual decision. For it to last this long (or, I guess, short), he must have looked like absolute **** on the D-line. Hopefully both parties understood it and made the right decision together.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 70,312, Level: 82
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,138
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigLame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western IA
    Posts
    3,266
    Points
    70,312
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 779

    Re: Oni back to OL

    Maybe because Simon is now on campus? Come on, anyone in the know?



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 43,211, Level: 64
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,039
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jburke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    3,234
    Points
    43,211
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 343
    Given: 268

    Re: Oni back to OL

    Yeah, there has to be something there. I would assume that Simon has shown up or some other move has occurred. Somebody give me some news....



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 414,897, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    25,960
    Points
    414,897
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,385
    Given: 2,480

    Re: Oni back to OL




  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 293,693, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    18,582
    Points
    293,693
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 603
    Given: 578

    Re: Oni back to OL

    Oni simply may not have liked it and told the staff move me back or allow me to move on.....I'm not saying that is what happened, but you never know.

    We need some depth at the DL...hopefully this does mean Simon made it.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 191,697, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    11,200
    Points
    191,697
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,508
    Given: 777

    Re: Oni back to OL

    The way Bleil talked he just prefers to play Oline. Bleil also said he will likely eventually move to center because he is mobile and very intelligent (engineering major).

    I'm fine with it because I want the guy to play a position where he can motivate himself as much as possible. Oline and Dline are two very different animals.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 192,382, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,558
    Points
    192,382
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 648
    Given: 454

    Re: Oni back to OL

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLame View Post
    Maybe because Simon is now on campus? Come on, anyone in the know?

    Haven't talked to my source yet, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Like I said in another thread, the staff would absolutely be shocked if he made it to campus, and if it does happen, it'll happen sometime next week.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydugouts View Post
    MM and gesell are pretty much a wash. is niang a better player than woodbury? of course, but that doesnt mean its a good matchup for him, especially with a much more athletic defensive player backing up woodbury.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTO View Post
    Georges doesn't talk trash. He makes promises and then delivers on those promises.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoiball92 View Post
    Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams

  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 248,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,540
    Points
    248,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,259
    Given: 1,382

    Re: Oni back to OL

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    The way Bleil talked he just prefers to play Oline. Bleil also said he will likely eventually move to center because he is mobile and very intelligent (engineering major).

    I'm fine with it because I want the guy to play a position where he can motivate himself as much as possible. Oline and Dline are two very different animals.
    I am fine with it as well. It's kind of like the NFL Draft. I prefer a team to take the best available player rather than draft for need. Similarly, I want Oni in the position where he can be best suited to perform and help us win, rather than patching holes - which seems to clearly be OL.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 17,862, Level: 40
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    MaxPower57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    924
    Points
    17,862
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Oni back to OL

    It looks like Jon Caspers is getting a look at D-Tackle per the Practice 14 videos.


    --------------------------------------
    “Max Power—he's the man whose name you'd love to touch...
    But, you musn't touch!
    His name sounds good in your ear
    But when you say it, you mustn't fear
    Because his name can be said by anyone!”

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 21,559, Level: 44
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    834
    Points
    21,559
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Oni back to OL

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower57 View Post
    It looks like Jon Caspers is getting a look at D-Tackle per the Practice 14 videos.
    I wonder if that's just to have another body there with Simon and Pompey unavailable.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM