Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Clark to Iowa

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 25,907, Level: 49
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,304
    Points
    25,907
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 76

    Clark to Iowa

    Link here:

    Southeast Polk star wrestler Cory Clark commits to Iowa | Hawk Central

    I'm surprised he didn't mention ISU as one of the schools recruiting him?



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,633, Level: 62
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,560
    Points
    40,633
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 278

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
    Link here:

    Southeast Polk star wrestler Cory Clark commits to Iowa | Hawk Central

    I'm surprised he didn't mention ISU as one of the schools recruiting him?
    I don't really think we were. After Meeks and Bauer, we are concentrating on 149-165 and 174-184



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 43,431, Level: 64
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,738
    Points
    43,431
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 5

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    I don't really think we were. After Meeks and Bauer, we are concentrating on 149-165 and 174-184
    If ISU wanted someone near that weight, they could probably get Thomas Gilman, who really looked sharp when he tore through Clark in Fargo. Gilman has received very little recrutiing interest. He may not be a qualifier.

    I am hoping for Clark Glass or Justin Koethe. I think Glass is the better prospect at this point. Also getting Gage Harrah would be great. If we get Massa I would pass out with excitement.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,633, Level: 62
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,560
    Points
    40,633
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 278

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    If ISU wanted someone near that weight, they could probably get Thomas Gilman, who really looked sharp when he tore through Clark in Fargo. Gilman has received very little recrutiing interest. He may not be a qualifier.

    I am hoping for Clark Glass or Justin Koethe. I think Glass is the better prospect at this point. Also getting Gage Harrah would be great. If we get Massa I would pass out with excitement.
    Heard we are concentrating on Iowa boys and Massa. Massa is a long shot, but is KJ's #1 priority. I think Harrah and Glass or not in the mix right now. I thinks it Massa, Koethe, Gabe Moreno, and maybe Miklus and Meyer. Gilman was on radar early on, but with Bauer and Meeks is not primiary target right now. Thats from what people closer to the program are saying.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 43,431, Level: 64
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,738
    Points
    43,431
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 5

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    Heard we are concentrating on Iowa boys and Massa. Massa is a long shot, but is KJ's #1 priority. I think Harrah and Glass or not in the mix right now. I thinks it Massa, Koethe, Gabe Moreno, and maybe Miklus and Meyer. Gilman was on radar early on, but with Bauer and Meeks is not primiary target right now. Thats from what people closer to the program are saying.
    Seems like we abandoned Brandon in this class. Harrah sounds like a Big Ten lean, so I don't really see the problem there, but he is the best available at the upper weights since Petersen is going to Wisky. I wonder if Cozart is unhappy being far away from the family.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,633, Level: 62
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,560
    Points
    40,633
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 278

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Seems like we abandoned Brandon in this class. Harrah sounds like a Big Ten lean, so I don't really see the problem there, but he is the best available at the upper weights since Petersen is going to Wisky. I wonder if Cozart is unhappy being far away from the family.
    I think its money. The top Brandon kids such as Liberatore and Bruno would match up with the weights of Meeks and Bauer. and Glass would match up with Koethe, so you pursue the Iowa kids 1st. (Can give an Iowa kids less because of in state tuition vs and out state kid paying out of state tuition)

    Talk on Hawkeye board is Miklus and Koethe are going to sign with Iowa, if true the Brandon kids might come on the radar.



  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 7,064, Level: 25
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    sredman1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27
    Points
    7,064
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    I'll admit I don't follow wrestling. What I can tell you is I was one of Cory's elementary teachers at SEP. I think the year I taught him he won 4 or 5 national tournaments all over the country. As hard as I tried, he never waivered from his intense loyalty to the Hawkeyes. I knew then he was going to be great and it was a forgone conclusion that he would attend Iowa if the opportunity ever presented itself. I assume the ISU staff sensed the same thing.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 12,778, Level: 34
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    873
    Points
    12,778
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Gilman has DEFINITELY had a lot of interest, including OK ST and Nebraska. Oddly enough, Iowa hasn't sniffed around him much even though he has very publically expressed his desire to go to Iowa.

    Now rumors are that Koethe has committed to Iowa and Miklus isn't far behind these two.

    Pardon me while I puke though I'm VERY happy with Meeks.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 17,670, Level: 40
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    heyguy85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    904
    Points
    17,670
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 50

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    I think Jessman Smith (former Hawk) is an assistant at SEP. Correct me if I'm wrong.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 43,431, Level: 64
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,738
    Points
    43,431
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 5

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by NEICyFan View Post
    Gilman has DEFINITELY had a lot of interest, including OK ST and Nebraska. Oddly enough, Iowa hasn't sniffed around him much even though he has very publically expressed his desire to go to Iowa.

    Now rumors are that Koethe has committed to Iowa and Miklus isn't far behind these two.

    Pardon me while I puke though I'm VERY happy with Meeks.
    Koethe committing would be a big blow to ISUs class. We really need him if we are abandoning Glass. I didn't think Iowa was going after him that hard.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 12,778, Level: 34
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    873
    Points
    12,778
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by heyguy85 View Post
    I think Jessman Smith (former Hawk) is an assistant at SEP. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    He has been in the past. He's a graduate of SEP.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,633, Level: 62
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,560
    Points
    40,633
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 278

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by NEICyFan View Post
    He has been in the past. He's a graduate of SEP.
    People close to Iowa State recruiting are saying Koethe and Miklus are not Iowa locks. Not saying they won't sign with Iowa, but Iowa State is still in the mix.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 65,338, Level: 79
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,112
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,570
    Points
    65,338
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 238

    Re: Clark to Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
    Link here:

    Southeast Polk star wrestler Cory Clark commits to Iowa | Hawk Central

    I'm surprised he didn't mention ISU as one of the schools recruiting him?
    Clark is a good kid all around from what I understand. His family is from the Lamoni area and I've known them all my life. Great people. I hope he gets the best from the Iowa experience.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM