Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 38,963, Level: 60
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,477
    Points
    38,963
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Big time recruits at ISU

    I don't follow recruiting as much as I used to but who was the last big time recruit that actually panned out in Ames? I'm convinced that ISU is a place where hard work trumps talent with the kids in our program. I'm thinking either Seneca or Reggie Hayward were the last big time prospects to have a respectable career



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 26,984, Level: 50
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,230
    Points
    26,984
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    WOW....This question reeks of sunshine and rainbows.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 167,404, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,410
    Points
    167,404
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 987

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    Reggie Hayward would be my best answer and I'm not sure how "big time" he was really considered as a recruit.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 154,249, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,612
    Points
    154,249
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 520
    Given: 7

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    I guess you'd have to define "big time".



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 42,791, Level: 63
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    RandomFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,964
    Points
    42,791
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    I guess you'd have to define "big time".
    Agreed. One could argue Leonard Johnson was big-time if you look at the schools we beat out for him. He's certainly had a nice career so far.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 38,963, Level: 60
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,477
    Points
    38,963
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    Since star ratings and bcs offers are pretty much a must by most people on this site, I would say a "big time" player would be somebody with more than 6 bcs offers or someone with 4 stars or higher...like I said, I don't follow recruiting so I don't know who would fit this bill.

    Just seems like the 4* guys have never panned out here recently like jj bass and sed johnson



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 154,249, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,612
    Points
    154,249
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 520
    Given: 7

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    Wasn't Aaron Brant (sp?) pretty highly recruited? He had a nice career.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 12,568, Level: 33
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    cyfan4St8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    396
    Points
    12,568
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    Austin flynn is up their when you go by stars, I believe he was a four star



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 143,375, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    7,334
    Points
    143,375
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 422
    Given: 125

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomFan View Post
    Agreed. One could argue Leonard Johnson was big-time if you look at the schools we beat out for him. He's certainly had a nice career so far.
    Using his definition of big time recruit (6 BCS offers or 4*), I also think it would be LJ.

    LJ had offers from us, South Florida, Ole Miss, Illinois, Michigan, Nebraska, and West Virginia for BCS programs.

    Link

    EDIT: I went back to 2008 and looked at every class from then until now looking for more players that would qualify under the criteria of a 3* with minimum 6 BCS offers or a 4*, while being or becoming respectable contributors (Sorry, Sedrick). These all did:

    Ter'Ran Benton (8 BCS offers)
    Jerome Tiller (7 BCS offers)
    Darius Reynolds (4*)
    Anthony Young (4*)
    DeVondrick Nealy (14 BCS offers!)

    Shontrelle and Pompey also had 5 BCS offers apiece as 3*.

    Kinda funny to go back and look at some of these recruits. David Sims coming in as a 2*, wow.


    Last edited by CyFan61; 08-05-2011 at 01:54 PM.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 165,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,634
    Points
    165,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    Using his definition of big time recruit (6 BCS offers or 4*), I also think it would be LJ.

    LJ had offers from us, South Florida, Ole Miss, Illinois, Michigan, Nebraska, and West Virginia for BCS programs.

    Link

    EDIT: I went back to 2008 and looked at every class from then until now looking for more players that would qualify under the criteria of a 3* with minimum 6 BCS offers or a 4*, while being or becoming respectable contributors (Sorry, Sedrick). These all did:

    Ter'Ran Benton (8 BCS offers)
    Jerome Tiller (7 BCS offers)
    Darius Reynolds (4*)
    Anthony Young (4*)
    DeVondrick Nealy (14 BCS offers!)

    Shontrelle and Pompey also had 5 BCS offers apiece as 3*.

    Kinda funny to go back and look at some of these recruits. David Sims coming in as a 2*, wow.
    David Sims was a four star that committed to Oklahoma and didn't make it on campus. I don't think he ever got re-rated and I'm pretty sure that those two stars are just standard unless the player is rated.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,019, Level: 90
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,697
    Points
    85,019
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big time recruits at ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by arganbright2 View Post
    I don't follow recruiting as much as I used to but who was the last big time recruit that actually panned out in Ames? I'm convinced that ISU is a place where hard work trumps talent with the kids in our program. I'm thinking either Seneca or Reggie Hayward were the last big time prospects to have a respectable career
    Austin flyin wad a four star that worked out. Not sure how highly ranked berryman was or C.urvey


    "Not at the table Carlos."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM