Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Rational aTm/SEC argument

New Frank the Tank Blog...

I have to say that out of this whole realignment talk, one of the things that makes me upset is that 99.9% of people's comments are "ISU sucks," or "the big 12 sucks and it'll implode in 4 days." There is no rationality to what people are saying. Just aTm fans making up articles that have about 5% truth to them or Hawk/Husker fans getting on here rooting for ISU's demise.

That's why I say thank you to Frank the Tank for an argument that isn't driven by emotions.

The Jump to Conclusions Game: Why Angry Aggies Aren’t Enough to Move Texas A&M to the SEC « FRANK THE TANK’S SLANT

Again, it's a long read, but he makes some good arguments.

I've said it on here multiple times before, but unless something really unexpected happens, I expect the Big 12 will last 10-12 years until all these conference TV deals come up again. Everything may go crazy then, but who knows.

ISU just needs to make the most of the next 5 years just in case something does happen again.

Pro
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 371
    Given: 333

Re: Rational aTm/SEC argument

WHAT??? I have been preparing for the doomsday B12 explosion. But, but, but... What about us to C-USA? I was already planning trips to the gulf coast!

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyman05 View Post

I have to say that out of this whole realignment talk, one of the things that makes me upset is that 99.9% of people's comments are "ISU sucks," or "the big 12 sucks and it'll implode in 4 days." There is no rationality to what people are saying. Just aTm fans making up articles that have about 5% truth to them or Hawk/Husker fans getting on here rooting for ISU's demise.

That's why I say thank you to Frank the Tank for an argument that isn't driven by emotions.

The Jump to Conclusions Game: Why Angry Aggies Aren’t Enough to Move Texas A&M to the SEC « FRANK THE TANK’S SLANT

I've said it on here multiple times before, but unless something really unexpected happens, I expect the Big 12 will last 10-12 years until all these conference TV deals come up again. Everything may go crazy then, but who knows.

ISU just needs to make the most of the next 5 years just in case something does happen again.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

Thanks for posting that. Very difficult to dispute the key points Frank makes.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 86

I was going to inform you that the thread title was an oxymoron, but the article is true to its word. Good post, thanks for the link.

Wonder if this has been posted on Texags yet...

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by CtownCyclone View Post
    I was going to inform you that the thread title was an oxymoron, but the article is true to its word. Good post, thanks for the link.

Wonder if this has been posted on Texags yet...

It doesn't matter if it's been posted there or not. They wouldn't understand or accept it anyway. They'd probably somehow turn it into further evidence that the Big 12 is going down.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyman05 View Post

Frank the Tank misses on a couple of points

1. ESPN wants the SEC for longer than 13 years and will be willing to renegotiate. If the Big 12 explodes, ESPN would have extra money and would have no problem giving it to the SEC. They have to pay and they don't really care who they pay.
    2. What happens if ESPN loses out on the Big 12 Tier 1 bidding in 2015/16? Then they have no vested interest in the Big 12. They could urge the SEC to expand thereby causing the collapse of the Big 12 and hurting whoever wins the Big 12 Tier 1 contract.

With that said, I don't see the SEC expanding. If they wanted to expand, they would. It is that simple and as long as the SEC doesn't expand then the Big 12 is fine.

"Not at the table Carlos."