Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 12

Future Recruits

I am sure the coaches get an enormous amount of mail pimping an individuals favorite high school player. I saw an individual amass over 200 yards of return/receiving/receptions (for his second straight week, I saw a 210 pound sophomore linebacker play with passion, and athleticism, who has a 275 pound brother that is a Nebraska commit, and I saw a place kicker hit a 46 yard field goal, after hitting a 50 yarder last week in a game. How do I as a fan make sure these guys get at least looked at by ISU? Wheger (sp) from Heelan is the back, Matt Hoch is the LB, and Kyle Haake is the senior place kicker. I have watched football for over 50 years and these three, I believe, should be looked at by BCS schools. I would hate to see Hoch follow his brother to NU. I have no relationships with any of these players but I would hate to see them go elsewhere and succeed.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 557
    Given: 383

Re: Future Recruits

grrrrrr. Heelan.

Recruit
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I know all these guys sound great...but GC is hardly recruiting within the state. I think if someone was great within our state he would go after them....but for now he's recruiting guys that Mac could only dream of recruiting!

Our future is bright!

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by m7nick View Post
    I know all these guys sound great...but GC is hardly recruiting within the state. I think if someone was great within our state he would go after them....but for now he's recruiting guys that Mac could only dream of recruiting!

Our future is bright!
    The Hoch kid WILL play for a BCS school. Just watch. I agree 2 years from now it will be all sell outs at the Jack.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,122
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

If you see a good potential recruit...send an email to one of the asst. coaches. They are listed at Home - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports. You will hear back and they will appreciate it. Good schools listen to their alumni. These guys will I know

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mkadl View Post
    I am sure the coaches get an enormous amount of mail pimping an individuals favorite high school player. I saw an individual amass over 200 yards of return/receiving/receptions (for his second straight week, I saw a 210 pound sophomore linebacker play with passion, and athleticism, who has a 275 pound brother that is a Nebraska commit, and I saw a place kicker hit a 46 yard field goal, after hitting a 50 yarder last week in a game. How do I as a fan make sure these guys get at least looked at by ISU? Wheger (sp) from Heelan is the back, Matt Hoch is the LB, and Kyle Haake is the senior place kicker. I have watched football for over 50 years and these three, I believe, should be looked at by BCS schools. I would hate to see Hoch follow his brother to NU. I have no relationships with any of these players but I would hate to see them go elsewhere and succeed.
    The biggest question about kids like this is speed...do they have the speed to play in a BCS conference? The speed necessary to have success in HS and the speed necessary to have success in a BCS conference are two different levels of speed. If they have the speed, they will be recruited...if they do not have it...then they will not be recruited.

The HS my son goes to has a great FB tradition but it is small class FB in the state of Louisiana. In 20 years they have had only 2 or 3 kids good enough to play BCS conference ball. Last year's all state RB (who was a 4 year starter) averaged over 150 yards a game. Played both ways. Great heart, great kid, great family. He was just fast enough to have great success in HS. So. Miss said they would let him try-out and SE Louisiana said they would give him preferred walk-on status. He went to SE Louisiana and quit during the August practices because he just didn't have the speed to compete...that is the same SE Louisiana that was just blown out by KU last weekend.

Speed my friend...speed...it is everything in college FB.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

E-Mail Scott Fountain, the Recruiting Coordinator for the football team.

hsf@iastate.edu

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Thanks guys, just to put a "bug in someones ear" makes me feel like I tried to help in some other way. My wallet is only so thick, and so is yours.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

For the underclassmen on your list, you get them to sign up for Cyclone summer football camp. The coaches feel that it's a better evaluation in that controlled environment.
    Rudy

Cyclone42

Quote Originally Posted by m7nick View Post

Our future is bright!
    I just hope he doesn't make the kind of mistakes that Tim Floyd made: overlooking good in-state talent simply for the sake of national recruiting. There was this kid (forget his name) who wanted to go to ISU, but TF didn't want him. He ended up having a spectacular career at Creighton, and is now in the NBA. (Kyle Korver, I think)

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

wegher has already said he will probably go to isu if oklahoma doesn't offer him. i used to build houses for his dad who happened to play pro football in canada. sounds like this kid is good, i know he has a first class training facility that he has worked out in for years but he is just a junior. i now work with his uncle and he said that he met both ferentz and chizik and liked chizik a lot more, but his lifelong dream has been to play for oklahoma so i guess hope they don't offer him.