Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

We are Fanatics

The state of the football program is very frustrating. That, I think, everyone can agree on. I admit it - my expectations were too high this year. As fanatics, most of us bought into the hype surrounding Chizik and the 2007 season.

I look back on a month ago after a sobering 0-2 start and realize what a fool I was. I think a lot of us bought into the idea that simply by being a coach from the State of Texas, Chizik was going to wave a magic wand and turn our program around.

I realize now that this is going to take time. I will continue to congratulate the UNI's and Kent State's of the world. Heck, even Iowa. (if we lose). And, I will continue to support this team and this program. When fans from other schools are piling it on (and they will) this season, I am just going to sit back and take it all in stride.

I am not suggesting anyone "accept" losing. I just can't continue to allow myself to be that ****** off about our current woes. (I felt like kicking the crap out of something on Saturday night).

I really think Iowa State football will be something special in the future. I will continue to support that notion. I will continue to dream big. . . Like it or not, we are in this for the long haul.

Relax and have fun this weekend against Iowa. Enjoy it. Enjoy being an Iowa State fan. It could always be worse. . .

Pro
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 276

Re: We are Fanatics

We are ISU........no matter what................ be proud!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starter
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Thank God some reason! I agree and if we want to be big time here we have to start by acting the part first . This year it may mean showing up no matter what and yell like heck! I believe he will right the ship , but we need to just hang in!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,191
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

the way i see it.. we all knew it was going to be a long year.. and being cyclone fans.. we should be kinda used to that.. just keep going to the games, cheer on the team, win or lose..just keep on going.. its not like they are going to shut down iowa state all together... its only the begining.. i will admit i was frusterated after those 2 losses.. but look at it this way.. at least we know how to take it.. just think what mich. is going through

Mich --->

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    the way i see it.. we all knew it was going to be a long year.. and being cyclone fans.. we should be kinda used to that.. just keep going to the games, cheer on the team, win or lose..just keep on going.. its not like they are going to shut down iowa state all together... its only the begining.. i will admit i was frusterated after those 2 losses.. but look at it this way.. at least we know how to take it.. just think what mich. is going through

Mich --->
    so true. i think we'll see some positive developments as the year goes on, and isu fans will be able to smile once in a while. always look ahead... never look back.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Iowa State - Home of Steam-tunnelling and the image of beauty who became my wife.

I will return to thee. Promise.