Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 19,039, Level: 42
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 811
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    bgprest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    534
    Points
    19,039
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Okay, we've got a thread on the retiring of the current Cy-Hawk Trophy but it's morphed into a discussion on the merits of continuing the annual I-State/Iowa game.

    So, this thread is devoted to design concepts for the new Cy-Hawk Trophy.

    The new trophy is going to be sponsored by the Iowa Corn Grower's Association which I think is wholly appropriate.

    Here's my thought... I've always loved this 1988 state of Iowa football poster which I have hanging in my office. To me, this thing really says "Football in the State of Iowa." I think a trophy based on this picture would be really cool. The football could be in gold or bronze metal with the corn husk in green (oxidized copper?). And, note the drops of liquid running down the football - a moist ear of corn.


    Last edited by bgprest; 07-25-2011 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 20,910, Level: 44
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,272
    Points
    20,910
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 11

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Quote Originally Posted by bgprest View Post
    Okay, we've got a thread on the retiring of the current Cy-Hawk Trophy but it's morphed into a discussion on the merits of continuing the annual I-State/Iowa game.

    So, this thread is devoted to design concepts for the new Cy-Hawk Trophy.

    The new trophy is going to be sponsored by the Iowa Corn Grower's Association which I think is wholly appropriate.

    Here's my thought... I've always loved this 1988 state of Iowa football poster which I have hanging in my office. To me, this thing really says "Football in the State of Iowa." I think a trophy based on this picture would be really cool. The football could be in gold or bronze metal with the corn husk in green (oxidized copper?). And, note the drops of liquid running down the football - a moist ear of corn.
    I like the concept, but I'd like to add a figting CY on one side and a fighting Herpe on the other.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 82,915, Level: 89
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,864
    Points
    82,915
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 211

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    I like the corn belt idea. But it has to be huge, like the WCW belt from Ric Flairs day, not a tiny intercontinental belt. Thats something the players would love imo, who wouldnt want to wrap it around their waist after the game proclaiming they are the champ?


    #BEATIOWA

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 19,039, Level: 42
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 811
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    bgprest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    534
    Points
    19,039
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    I like the corn belt idea. But it has to be huge, like the WCW belt from Ric Flairs day, not a tiny intercontinental belt. Thats something the players would love imo, who wouldnt want to wrap it around their waist after the game proclaiming they are the champ?

    ...add a holster... with a football in it... or an ear of corn...



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 110,153, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,722
    Points
    110,153
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 149

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts








  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 35,509, Level: 58
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ic
    Posts
    1,857
    Points
    35,509
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    I would strongly urge those in charge to consider a life-sized, bronzed bust of Elijah Wood.


    Consider this prototype:


    Kinnick smells like syrup.

  7. #7
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    A hok fan said that we should buy a tractor and paint a gold stripe down the middle and paint one half cardinal and the other gold (whoever wins drives it home). I think that would be a pretty sweet idea.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 63,607, Level: 78
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,243
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    sdillon500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    northern california
    Posts
    1,303
    Points
    63,607
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 2

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    A hok fan said that we should buy a tractor and paint a gold stripe down the middle and paint one half cardinal and the other gold (whoever wins drives it home). I think that would be a pretty sweet idea.
    So, a Cyclone-colored tractor then?


    www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 71,249, Level: 82
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    891
    Points
    71,249
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 21

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    I don't think the trophy should be agriculture-related considering one of the schools really doesn't do a damn thing for the farmers in this state, even if their helmet stickers say they do.


    read this post quickly - it might not last long

  10. #10
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Quote Originally Posted by sdillon500 View Post
    So, a Cyclone-colored tractor then?

    Oops, I mean half Cardinal half black.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 63,290, Level: 78
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,560
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,182
    Points
    63,290
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 196

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    I want the tractor idea for K-State and the annual Farmageddon game.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 212,562, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,836
    Points
    212,562
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 594
    Given: 402

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyballz View Post
    I don't think the trophy should be agriculture-related considering one of the schools really doesn't do a damn thing for the farmers in this state, even if their helmet stickers say they do.
    It's going to be at least corn-related since Iowa Corn Growers is the new sponsor. I still think the "corn cob bomb" would be sweet.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 19,039, Level: 42
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 811
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    bgprest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    534
    Points
    19,039
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Oops, I mean half Cardinal half black.

    ...half cardinal, half black, with a gold stripe down the middle...



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 163,911, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    CtownCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    8,809
    Points
    163,911
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 92

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Quote Originally Posted by bgprest View Post
    ...half cardinal, half black, with a gold stripe down the middle...
    Half cardinal, half gold, half black...or maybe half cardinal, half gold and black...or maybe half cardinal and gold, half black...



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 277,248, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,147
    Points
    277,248
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,138
    Given: 221

    Re: New Cy-Hawk Trophy Concepts

    Quote Originally Posted by CtownCyclone View Post
    Half cardinal, half gold, half black...or maybe half cardinal, half gold and black...or maybe half cardinal and gold, half black...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. Texas Tech
  • November 22, 2014
  • 02:30 PM