Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3

Re: Pool death, no excuse

W.T.F? Swimming in milk? How could it be that cloudy that no one could see her body?

There was one?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 822
    Given: 381

Better yet, who would go swimming in a pool that cloudy? I've seen some cloudy pools in my life, but if you can't see a body on the bottom, it must have looked like a pool full of semen.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 602

How long would they have not found her if she had not bobbed to the surface?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 97

Water can get cloudy if chemical levels are off. Can't believe they allowed swimming if that was the case.

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 398
    Given: 457

Murky water is just a lack of Ash in the water or to much Chlorine. The real problem is people who can't swim going into the pool.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 108

Pretty sure almost this exact same thing happened in Pella fairly recently..

Pro
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Agclone91 View Post
    Pretty sure almost this exact same thing happened in Pella fairly recently..
    Again? Or are you thinking about last summer?

Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    [Anything] is easy if you are content to suck at it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Murky water is just a lack of Ash in the water or to much Chlorine. The real problem is people who can't swim going into the pool.
    Cloudy water is the sign of the start of an algae bloom, NOTHING TO DO WITH ASH OR TOO MUCH CLORINE......OWNING AND MAINTAINING AN INGROUND POLL SINCE 1984 AND AFTER RETIREMENT, THEN SELLING POOL CHEMICALS TO WALMART FOR 7 YRS TELLS ME MUCH ABOUT YOUR POOL KNOWLEDGE.

CLOUDY WATER COMES FROM TOO MANY BODIES IN THE WATER, TOO MUCH SUNTAN LOTION, NATURAL OILS OFF YOUR BODY AS CLORINE STRIPS THE NATURAL OIL OFF YOUR BODY AND OR POOR POOL MAINTANENANCE.

POOL NEEDS TO BE SHOCKED TO CLEAR IT UP........EVER SEE A MOTEL POOL ON SUNDAY NIGHT AFTER MANY FAMILIES HAVE PLAYED THE WEEKEND IN THE POOL.....CLOUDY WATER FROM OVERLOADED, OVERUSED POOL..... SHOCK THE WATER, KNOCK DOWN THE CRAP IN THE WATER, ADD CLARIFER, CLEAN THE FILTER AND IN A DAY , IT WILL BE SPARKLING CLEAR AGAIN. NOT AS FAST RESULTS WITH THE BOWUP PLASTIC POOLS CAUSE YOU GET LOUSY WORKING LITTLE PUMPS. YOU BUY A $250 BLOW UP POOL AND EXPECT THE SAME RESULTS AS MY $2,000 PUMP AND FILTER?

BEST ADVICE IS:...... TO STAY OUT OF A POOL WITH CLOUDY WATER, PERIOD...THE WATER IS TOO DIRTY TO SWIM IN.

Last edited by majorcyfan; 07-21-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,060
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 352
    Given: 1,392

Quote Originally Posted by majorcyfan View Post
    Cloudy water is the sign of the start of an algae bloom, NOTHING TO DO WITH ASH OR TOO MUCH CLORINE......OWNING AND MAINTAINING AN INGROUND POLL SINCE 1984 AND AFTER RETIREMENT, THEN SELLING POOL CHEMICALS TO WALMART FOR 7 YRS TELLS ME MUCH ABOUT YOUR POOL KNOWLEDGE.

CLOUDY WATER COMES FROM TOO MANY BODIES IN THE WATER, TOO MUCH SUNTAN LOTION, NATURAL OILS OFF YOUR BODY AS CLORINE STRIPS THE NATURAL OIL OFF YOUR BODY AND OR POOR POOL MAINTANENANCE.

POOL NEEDS TO BE SHOCKED TO CLEAR IT UP........EVER SEE A MOTEL POOL ON SUNDAY NIGHT AFTER MANY FAMILIES HAVE PLAYED THE WEEKEND IN THE POOL.....CLOUDY WATER FROM OVERLOADED, OVERUSED POOL..... SHOCK THE WATER, KNOCK DOWN THE CRAP IN THE WATER, ADD CLARIFER, CLEAN THE FILTER AND IN A DAY , IT WILL BE SPARKLING CLEAR AGAIN.
    Yep.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 602

POOL NEEDS TO BE SHOCKED TO CLEAR IT UP........EVER SEE A MOTEL POOL ON SUNDAY NIGHT AFTER MANY FAMILIES HAVE PLAYED THE WEEKEND IN THE POOL.....CLOUDY WATER FROM OVERLOADED, OVERUSED POOL..... SHOCK THE WATER, KNOCK DOWN THE CRAP IN THE WATER, ADD CLARIFER, CLEAN THE FILTER AND IN A DAY , IT WILL BE SPARKLING CLEAR AGAIN.
    My pool has to have proper chlorinme, some muriatic acid and cynaurix acid and algacide. If it is out of balance, cloudiness begins. For a 12 foot pool, they better keep it clear.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,185
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39

POOL NEEDS TO BE SHOCKED TO CLEAR IT UP........EVER SEE A MOTEL POOL ON SUNDAY NIGHT AFTER MANY FAMILIES HAVE PLAYED THE WEEKEND IN THE POOL.....CLOUDY WATER FROM OVERLOADED, OVERUSED POOL..... SHOCK THE WATER, KNOCK DOWN THE CRAP IN THE WATER, ADD CLARIFER, CLEAN THE FILTER AND IN A DAY , IT WILL BE SPARKLING CLEAR AGAIN. NOT AS FAST RESULTS WITH THE BOWUP PLASTIC POOLS CAUSE YOU GET LOUSY WORKING LITTLE PUMPS. YOU BUY A $250 BLOW UP POOL AND EXPECT THE SAME RESULTS AS MY $2,000 PUMP AND FILTER?

BEST ADVICE IS:...... TO STAY OUT OF A POOL WITH CLOUDY WATER, PERIOD...THE WATER IS TOO DIRTY TO SWIM IN.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,085
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

copper sulfate. 1 tablespoon for 20,000 gallons works miracles in my pool. cuts shock/chlorine use in half. i've vacuumed once this year, used half a box of shock and a third a tub of chlorine tabs. and my pool gets sun from dusk till dawn. highly recommend it to any pool owners out there.

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    My pool has to have proper chlorinme, some muriatic acid and cynaurix acid and algacide. If it is out of balance, cloudiness begins. For a 12 foot pool, they better keep it clear.
    yOU ARE MAKING IT WAY TOO HARD... i STILL HAVE SOME MURATIC ACID, NEVER USE IT CYNURNIC ACID IS PUT IN THE 1 OR 3 INCH TABS YOU BUY FOR FOR YOUR FLOATING OR AUTOMATIC CLORINATOR. cYURANIC ACID BUILDS UP OVER THE YR. iS PART OF THE REASON YOU MUST ALWAYS LOWER THE WATER LEVEL OF AN INGROUND POOL. IF U HAVE AN ABOVE GROUND POOL AND YOU DON'T DRAIN 1/2 OF THE WATER AFTER THE SEASON IS OVER, YOU WILL GET A OVERLOAD OF CYURANIC ACID IN THE WATER. IT LOCKS UP THE AVAILABLE CHORINE AND WON'T LET IT WORK....YOUR TEST STRIPS OR TEST TUBES WILL READ YOU HAVE ENOUGH CHLORINE IN THE WATER BUT IT IS NOT ACTIVE SINCE IT IS CHEMICALLY LOCKED.

I HAVE LEARNED THE HARD WAY TO NEVER USE ANY STABILIZER, AS IT HELPS LOCK UP THE CHLORINE.

I SELDOM IF EVER HAVE ANY POOL PROBLEMS BY FOLLOWING THESE STEPS:

ADJUST THE PH TO 7.5, USUALLY BY ADDING LOTS OF PH+ OR PH UP, Same thing. IN IOWA WE USUALLY ALWAYS NEED TO RAISE THE PH OF THE WATER. Shocking the pool, adding 3 inch tri-clorine tabs to floating chloronator and or automatic chloronator, running at 1.5 to 3.0 chlorine level. After second day of stabilized chlorine levels of 1-5 to 3.0, then add ALGACIDE AND clarifier but ALWAYS PUT IN ONLY 2/3 OF WHATEVER THE CLARIFIER BOTTLE SAYS TO USE. TOO MUCH CLARIFIER WILL CAUSE THE WATER TO ALSO LOOK CLOUDY. SOUNDS CONFUSING BUT REMEMBER CLARIFIER'S JOB IS TO CONGEAL ALL THE CONTAMINENTS TOGETHER IN THE WATER INTO LARGER PARTICLES SO THE FILTER WILL STOP THEM MORE QUICKLY AND FILTER THEM OUT OF THE WATER. WHEN U USE TOO MUCH CLARIFIER, IT SPEEDS UP THE CONGEALING PROCESS BEYOND THE CAPABILITES OF YOUR FILTER TO GET RID OF THEM AS FAST AS THEY BUILD UP, HENCE THE CLOUDY WATER. I LEARNED 2/3 THE RECCOMENDED LEVEL OF CLARIFIER WORKS JUST AS EFFIECIENTLY, WITH NO CHANCE OF CLOUDY WATER AND SAVES U MONEY CAUSE YOUR EXPENSIVE BOTTLE OF CLARIFIER LASTS LONGER. I PREFER 3 MONTH COPPER SULFATE BASED ALGICIDE SINCE ONE QT TREATS THE POOL FOR 3 MONTHS, NEVER ADDING ANY ADDITIONAL ALGICIDE.

YOU CAN ALSO SKIP USING CLARIFIER ALL TOGETHER BUT CLEANING UP ANY COUDY WATER FROM BEING CAUSED BY AN EARLY ALGAE BLOOM WILL JUST TAKE TWICE AS LONG TO CLEAN UP.

WITH THE SHORT SWIM SEASON IN IOWA, IT'S WORTH USING CLARIFIER TO GET AS MANY SPARKLING CLEAR SWIMMING DAYS AS U CAN

END OF RANT

Last edited by majorcyfan; 07-21-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,085
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

dont buy ph up either. baking soda or soda ash works just as good and is much cheaper.