Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: ISU Tickets

  1. #1
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    bferin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    223
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    ISU Tickets

    I just find it interesting how many people (students especially) are DESPERATELY trying to get rid of ISU Football tickets for the rest of the year. I've already talked to at least 15 people after last night's game who are getting rid of them, and in the "Marketplace" listings in student Facebook, there are about 20 tickets for the ISU-UI game next weekend.

    It will be interesting to see how ticket sales will go next year if we go, say 4-8 this year. We had a lot of momentum going into this season (ie Blythe and Meyer as seniors, the Chiz show coming to town, Iowa, UNI, Texas, and Oklahoma at home, etc.) And JPollard said no single game tickets, and now single game tickets are available. I wonder about next year, will anyone buy season tickets if JP "claims" that he will not sell them again, or how our fan base will support the program. JP wanted 35,000 season tickets by 2008(?), we got it this year, I wonder if we'll get it next year.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 395,737, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,976
    Points
    395,737
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Unfortunately you are dead on mark. Do not expect more than two wins at this point. We just lost 2 of the 5 easier contests. Only 3 left.

    At least when we won the four games, they were exciting down to the last. Frankly, we do not have a feel we can come back to win at this point.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 65,351, Level: 79
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,099
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,433
    Points
    65,351
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Unfortunately you are dead on mark. Do not expect more than two wins at this point. We just lost 2 of the 5 easier contests. Only 3 left.

    At least when we won the four games, they were exciting down to the last. Frankly, we do not have a feel we can come back to win at this point.
    Please tell me who are the other easier wins? Toledo? Maybe I'll give you that one but it is on the road where Toledo has been very successful (at their house).


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 12,128, Level: 33
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    391
    Points
    12,128
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 8

    Re: ISU Tickets

    I bet we'll see plenty of black and gold in the stands next saturday. And I don't blame a single fan who decides to sell ... I'd rather mow my yard, too.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 452,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,680
    Points
    452,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 33

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by bferin View Post

    It will be interesting to see how ticket sales will go next year if we go, say 4-8 this year.
    If we went 4-8 this season, ticket sales would go through the roof! But where are you getting those 4 wins from?


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    If we went 4-8 this season, ticket sales would go through the roof! But where are you getting those 4 wins from?
    Exactly, I'm having a tough time figuring out where win #1 is going to come from as it is right now...


    Go Cubs Go!

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 269,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,481
    Points
    269,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 22

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Way to support your team through thick and thin. I'm sorry, but it's just **** poor the attitude of most. I've been there through thick and thin for the last 20 years and even though we are looking at a possible O-fer season, I will still be there cheering.

    My position has always been that I love college football and being able to watch a game in person is a privilidge. The W is nice at the end, but the tailgaiting and general football Saturday environment is what brings me back every week.

    Go root for USC or LSU or some other bandwagon team that you can say is your "favorite" just so you can back a winner.

    Go Clones!



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: ISU Tickets

    I'm still going to the games, even a few road games and I will still cheer but I pay for these tickets and I have every right to be frustrated! We keep hearing the fans need to step up, be loud, or whatever but give us something to cheer about on the field once in awhile!

    Oh yeah, and what a great way to start the 2nd half by having the team come out of the locker room to Sweet Caroline to get you pumped up. I really wish that damn song would just go away. It has no business being played at a football game!


    Go Cubs Go!

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 269,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,481
    Points
    269,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 22

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Sweet Caroline should only be played AFTER the game and only IF WE WIN. It is a good celebration song.

    Otherwise I don't want to hear it.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 452,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,680
    Points
    452,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 33

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    I'm still going to the games, even a few road games and I will still cheer but I pay for these tickets and I have every right to be frustrated! We keep hearing the fans need to step up, be loud, or whatever but give us something to cheer about on the field once in awhile!

    Oh yeah, and what a great way to start the 2nd half by having the team come out of the locker room to Sweet Caroline to get you pumped up. I really wish that damn song would just go away. It has no business being played at a football game!
    Trav, you and me both. That is the WORST possible song to play at a football game, and then to have it playing when the team is coming out? Someone fell asleep at the wheel there. They keep moving that craptastic song to different places, try moving it to the damn trash!

    I am not selling my tickets, I am going to the game next week at 7am and will be screaming my guts out like every week. But no one better come on here and chastise me for being upset about this season. I have been an ISU fan for 30 years, and have been going to games almost that long. This is one of the worst teams I have seen yet. This feels like the walden years where you just have to laugh at how pitiful it is.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 269,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,481
    Points
    269,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 22

    Re: ISU Tickets

    I also want to be the first to say that I am definitely buying tickets again next year, the year after, and the year after...etc.

    Pollard can double the price and I will still buy them and be there. I trust that when it comes right down to it...most will do the same because they love ISU.

    Frustrating yes....unexpected no. Patience is a virtue.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 395,737, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,976
    Points
    395,737
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    Please tell me who are the other easier wins? Toledo? Maybe I'll give you that one but it is on the road where Toledo has been very successful (at their house).
    I espect to b able to beat Iowa, Toledo, KSU, and Colorado and maybe Missouri. The other five are prestty much Katie bar the door.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 395,737, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,976
    Points
    395,737
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    Trav, you and me both. That is the WORST possible song to play at a football game, and then to have it playing when the team is coming out? Someone fell asleep at the wheel there. They keep moving that craptastic song to different places, try moving it to the damn trash!

    I am not selling my tickets, I am going to the game next week at 7am and will be screaming my guts out like every week. But no one better come on here and chastise me for being upset about this season. I have been an ISU fan for 30 years, and have been going to games almost that long. This is one of the worst teams I have seen yet. This feels like the walden years where you just have to laugh at how pitiful it is.

    I know you are probably right, but I see so many people sing it from families and smile. True football fans like me hate it for being a distraction, but many others delight at it. It actually (and I shudder to say this) made the stadium feel better about the game last night. Sorry to support the song for the others.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,236, Level: 68
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,008
    Points
    49,236
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 188

    Re: ISU Tickets

    FOUR WINS YOU SAY.....Now let me see...Toledo, Kansas State, Colorado and oh yes Kansas is far from a world beater.

    Now there you have it Brian four wins for this season...And NO I'm NOT DELUSIONAL...Thats just the best I can come up with!!



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 32,778, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    4VR4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    3,468
    Points
    32,778
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU Tickets

    Frustrated, yes. Fair weather fan, no. I will never sell my ticket and will keep buying them as long as I live in the area. Fans support their team through thick and thin.


    Just in case you didn't know... I'm a girl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM