Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 0

One request

Can we stop booing our own players? I was embarrassed as heck when Meyer started going back on the field and there were smatters of boos out there. I'm sure Bret wishes he was playing better as well. This are our own players for god's sake and the kid has given 5 years to ISU, and probably worked harder than I ever have in my life. He's been sacked over 100 times. He puts his body on the line every game for our freaking enjoyment. This is one of the piling up reasons I can hardly stand our fanbase and why football games are becoming less and less fun for me.

Listen, I know we suck and it's frustrating as hell. But if you don't take any pleasure in going to a cyclone football game and your only response to things on the field is yell obscenities and ***** for 2 straight hours stay home and spare me.

Recruit
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: One request

I would have to agree. When the booing sarts that is also when more mistakes are bound to happen, because the players are trying to be too perfect.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I agree, we have stupid fans. The student section chanting BS embarrasses me 75% of the time. These players have a ridiculous schedule. They are down at the Jake every day for probably at least 3 hours for just practice. Then there is lifting, meetings, and treatment. And oh yeah, don't they have classes too?

Recruit
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 8

I disagree by donating ten times more than I did last year and purchasing season tickets that gives me the right to criticize as I see fit. I rarely yell obscenities but it happens, I'm passionate sue me.

Addict
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 44

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    Can we stop booing our own players? I was embarrassed as heck when Meyer started going back on the field and there were smatters of boos out there.
    I wasn't booing Meyer, but I was cheering like mad when Arnaud came in. When is the last time Meyer played a game worth cheering???? At Texas A&M two years ago??

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,291
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

Quote Originally Posted by clonefan_80 View Post
    I agree, we have stupid fans. The student section chanting BS embarrasses me 75% of the time. These players have a ridiculous schedule. They are down at the Jake every day for probably at least 3 hours for just practice. Then there is lifting, meetings, and treatment. And oh yeah, don't they have classes too?
    Excuse me? The student section embarrasses you? the embarrassing student section has been the backbone of this embarrassment that we call a team How many more of you stand on metal bleachers for the entire game, or get up and yell and scream on every down for defense? For you to say that you are embarrassed by a bunch of passionate young adults is ridiculous and completely off base. Students booing the other team is part of football, it is too bad but true. And what the heck are we supposed to do every time Meyer does something stupid. Arnaud came in for one series and looked great. HE made crisp passes that were on the money and he had a sense of urgency that Brett Meyer does not. There is a great chance the we don't win one game this year, so we need to build for the future.

Last edited by mike4cy; 09-09-2007 at 09:34 AM.
    --Luck of the Cyrish--

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 478
    Given: 319

Booing our team is shameless. I actually was embarassed when fans booed UNI's band. The band for crying out loud. The opposing teams expects to be booed. Thats part of the game, but dont boo our team and a freaking band.

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 29

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    Booing our team is shameless. I actually was embarassed when fans booed UNI's band. The band for crying out loud. The opposing teams expects to be booed. Thats part of the game, but dont boo our team and a freaking band.

They actually booed the band!?!? That's just f'ed up...

Starter
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

People are frustrated. Anytime you get 56,000 people in one place, some are going to make poor decisions. Want booing to stop? Win. Or at least lead at half.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    Excuse me? The student section embarrasses you? the embarrassing student section has been the backbone of this embarrassment that we call a team How many more of you stand on metal bleachers for the entire game, or get up and yell and scream on every down for defense? For you to say that you are embarrassed by a bunch of passionate young adults is ridiculous and completely off base. Students booing the other team is part of football, it is too bad but true. And what the heck are we supposed to do every time Meyer does something stupid. Arnaud came in for one series and looked great. HE made crisp passes that were on the money and he had a sense of urgency that Brett Meyer does not. There is a great chance the we don't win one game this year, so we need to build for the future.
    Hey, I'm a student too and paid just as much for tickets and stood just as long as you did. But when we holler BS because we get called for holding when our OT tackled some guy, it's a little ridiculous and shows what ignorant and stupid football fans we are.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 167

No excuse for it, but we had folks right next to us booing the team. It wasn't pretty where we were...

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 478
    Given: 319

Yeah, i dont remember the student section being bad. I think the crowd in a few places did some bad booing, but I cant pick out a certain section. As a collective whole, it just wasnt pretty. I understand the frustration, but thats where you need to make a better choice on how you display that frustration. Turn it into a cheer for your team to boost their spirit, not tear it down.

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,291
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

You guys want to know what is F'd up? last night I was walking by the entrance gate during halftime and there were 6 UNI fans who didnt have tickets standing outside the gate. They were just there to heckle the people walking by and on the hillside. Then I saw them give this 10 year old boy a shirt and tell him to run around the hillside with it on. The shirt had a panther logo on it and said F*CK STATE. A 10 year old freekin kid was told to do this by a bunch of UNI morons that couldn't afford $10 to watch their team play. That is f'd up. Student's boo, I don't but on average they do. That is what happens when you pack 8,000 students together that have been drinking all day long and your QB looks like he should be playing JV.

--Luck of the Cyrish--

Speechless
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    You guys want to know what is F'd up? last night I was walking by the entrance gate during halftime and there were 6 UNI fans who didnt have tickets standing outside the gate. They were just there to heckle the people walking by and on the hillside. Then I saw them give this 10 year old boy a shirt and tell him to run around the hillside with it on. The shirt had a panther logo on it and said F*CK STATE. A 10 year old freekin kid was told to do this by a bunch of UNI morons that couldn't afford $10 to watch their team play.
    That's just wrong. Sounds like they needed a visit from security. Or a few ISU linebackers.

Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
    They actually booed the band!?!? That's just f'ed up...
    You guys are worried about a band? really who gives a rip about a band? Unless it is A&M's band who is actually entertaining, I really could care less.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775