Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Cool Have we ever been 0-12?

Looks like it is probable. I mean we look horrible! Poor coaching and little talent. Unbelievable!! I think what really bothers me is all the marketing of hope done by Pollard during the off season. We were flat out challenged to buy a new era of ISU football. Many people paid the price and after the first two games, I think we have entered into a subprime mortgage and the adjustable rate increases have yet to arrive. I know Pollard has plans next year to increase ticket prices along with additional NCCM dues. Good luck Pollard. It is a lot easier to sell a good known product than hope.
    Congrats to Mac on the huge Auburn win!

Rookie
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Have we ever been 0-12?

I'll give you the no talent part but poor coaching? No blame to the previous regime for pile driving our program into the ground? We're so short on talent right now it's going to take 3 years to turn it around and it's Chizik's fault? Bottom barrel recruiting classes for half a decade and Gene's suppose to mold them into the '76 Steelers? Name one coach in the country that could've walked into our coaching vacancy and done any better than Gene?

Addict
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,311
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 43

I'm not sure Mack Brown, Bob Stoops, and Pete Carroll on the same staff could win 6 games with this roster. What was McCarney planning to do with the offensive line this year? Did he just assume a guardian angel would take care of it because it looks to me he had no plan other than to bring in a bunch of jucos like Gene had to at the 11th hour. I don't understand what he was doing from a recruiting standpoint the last 2 years especially. Had he not been fired last year, he certainly would have been gone after this disaster.

Rookie
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

And we'd be in a bigger hole than we already are. Dan pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes these last couple of years. He said the right things, he shook the right hands all the while the program was crumbling behind the curtain.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 23

The program he built was crumbling. ISU was nothing before Mac, he brought respect to the program.

The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

Speechless
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 620

Quote Originally Posted by Drive4cy View Post
    I'm not sure Mack Brown, Bob Stoops, and Pete Carroll on the same staff could win 6 games with this roster. What was McCarney planning to do with the offensive line this year? Did he just assume a guardian angel would take care of it because it looks to me he had no plan other than to bring in a bunch of jucos like Gene had to at the 11th hour. I don't understand what he was doing from a recruiting standpoint the last 2 years especially. Had he not been fired last year, he certainly would have been gone after this disaster.

He was going to clone four more Scmellings.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 49

We have been 0-10-1 once, but then after the year was over OSU had to forfit their game so we technically should have been 1-10 that year. I remember having a big party after espn announced OSU had to forfit the game.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 660

0 for 12 you ask? We have been 0-10-1 Under Jim Waldo and 1-10 Under Danny Mac and a lot of 2 & 3 win seasons, but NO I canNOT remember losing them all without at least one tie and possible win.

I think you have a legitimate grip with all the hype that Pollard was spewing for the last nine months just to get people to buy tickets. Whats gonna be weird is less than 50000 for Iowa and 56000 for UNI.

I would like to congratulate UNI for having a great team a great coach and a great game plan.

Ready to Lose'em ALL

45th year of ISU football ... Old and Proud of IT

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by rd4isu View Post
    And we'd be in a bigger hole than we already are. Dan pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes these last couple of years. He said the right things, he shook the right hands all the while the program was crumbling behind the curtain.
    Bemoan Mac all you want-he never lost to UNI and the cupboard he was left was a hell of a lot more bare that the cupboard he left GC.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 95

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Bemoan Mac all you want-he never lost to UNI and the cupboard he was left was a hell of a lot more bare that the cupboard he left GC.
    I am pretty sure Walden left MAC with TROY DAVIS and an offensive line. Plus the UNI's of the world are much better teams than they were 13 years ago. MAC left no O-line or Defense.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

SouthernHawk, you are so wrong. But that is the typical EIU stereotype. ISU was nothing before McCarney? Please, ISU had bad years primarily at the hands of two coaches Walden and Criner.

EIU fans always forget that ISU was the better team throughout the 60s and 70s. Their memories only go back to about '82.

Granted, when McCarney took over he had a lot of work to do. But EIU fans always want to make the claim that an EIU product is the reason for ISU success.

The real reason for ISU's success was AD Gene Smith. I think we have brighter days ahead with new AD Pollard and a University President (Geoffrey) that is also passionate about athletics.

Cyclone42

Never 0-12, but we've twice had winless untied seasons: 1918 0-3-0, and 1930 0-9-0.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Rage On View Post
    EIU fans always forget that ISU was the better team throughout the 60s and 70s. Their memories only go back to about '82.
    60's and 70's??? Who cares! Those times do not matter anymore. What matters is how how you have done since 1990. That is as far back as todays recruits are going to remember. We are not Alabama, ISU has 0, none, no, not a d*mn bit of football tradition. We need to start winning and start winning soon, or it will forever be like this.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I read the Keeler piece this morning. I hop on here and people are already saying we're going to lose the rest of our games. Did someone drop a clairvoyance bomb on Central Iowa recently? I think we should really wait at the very least until we have 2-3 more games left before throwing around the 0-12 talk. Please don't **** on the campfire yet.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 107

I see a lot of people making coaching comparisons. (why?) McCarney won 3 games his 1st year, 2 games his 2nd year, 1 game his 3rd year, and he was on the hot seat big time! He got it going. Haden Fry had 2 losing seasons at Iowa before he took the Hawks to the Rose Bowl. Brett Beiliema(sp) went 10-1 his 1st year at Wisconsin, yes I know... Barry Alverez left a solid game plan & crew intact before he left. The point I'm trying to make is this... It's simply going to take time. These guys were recruited for different reasons & some of them different positions. Some of you all act like our players are going to be 6 or 7 year veterans of the team. We know that's not the case. Coach Chizik has recruited some talent for this year, and those players are doing pretty well. Let's just wait & see what happens in the near future. And if we're still seeing results like this, then you can ask for his job, (and Pollards too) But I think we'll all be floored when we start of the '09 or '10 season 4-0 with a solid victory over an Okla. or Texas squad. In the mean time, I think you'll see GC work some respectable progress into the hand he was dealt. Don't give up hope Cyclone fans... just don't give up!