Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

CCL 7/13

Are the games over tonight? Just wondering which teams won.

"Hug It Out."

Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 122

Re: CCL 7/13

Guessing by his picture on Twitter, Royce Whites team won, but I can't confirm that.

Rookie
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Babbs team won and Allens team won

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 488
    Given: 29

Babb/Lucious beat Royce/McGee and Allen/Bubu/Gibson beat Ejim/Sledge on a last second 3 after being down 20.

Not much new. Royce was a beast on offense. He doesn't play defense. Allen seems to score at will too. Ejim was kind of whiny out there, but he is by far the best player on his team, so there's that. Sledge is crazy quick and got some effort rebounds among the big guys. Babb is in a shooting slump, but he seems like a great leader. I'd be surprised if he wasn't a captain. Gibson has a ways to go, but he seemed to have pretty good fundamentals. For example, he actually blocked out a few times.

I saw Booker and Railey, they came down even though they didn't play.

One thing that I have noticed this year is that most everyone played most every week that they were in town. That seems slightly different than years past.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,186
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

Cory Lucious looked great tonight, I thought he had the best game of everyone in both games. The first game was very entertaining. Sledge hit 3 to put his team up with 8 seconds left and then R. Rice hit one at pretty much the buzzer to give his team the win.

Royce is alway fun to watch. Once again he was a man among boys. He had a lot of assist too, I think 8, should have had more but guys missed some shots and mishandled his brilliant passes. Lot of antics beside the actual game. He kept trying to shake the refs and at the end of the game but the ref. would not do it, just turned away and blew him off. Royce kept saying something like "come on man, shake my hand". Why didn't that ref shake his hand?

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 671
    Given: 336

IowaHawkGuy Ryan Miller

Royce White had 55 points tonight in CCL with an Energy player defending him. White is hands down best collegiate player in Iowa. 1 and done
    Thats from a Hawk fan.

Other stats I've seen say 44 points. Either way, this basically shows that earlier in the league Royce was just fooling around when he scored like 8 points and had 13 assists.

Last edited by Rhoadhoused; 07-13-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Royce White continues to impress me. I wish I could get a glimpse of his defense as a previous poster said accurately, he doesn't do it. Don't know if it is choice, effort, or what. He got a bit frustrated tonight because he just doesn't have much of a team. He basically had to do it all to keep them in the game. Hit a couple threes, pushed his defender under the hoop then would dunk on him basically at will and was being double/triple teamed when he got anywhere near the lane. He had some trouble tonight finishing around the rim when he didn't dunk it. I'm sure practice and games will cure this. Team couldn't handle his passes 50 pcnt of the time and he had some phenomenal passes. I absolutely cannot wait to see what he can do when he has Ejim and Booker banging around down low and able to finish when he threads the needle for them. I'm getting excited guys. Can you tell? We are stacked at guard. We have the depth to put in about any player if somebody is having an off night and our talent level remains fairly consistent. Haven't had that in the better part of a decade.

Enjoy.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,186
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

Royces team has two potential ISU starters. Royce of course and McGee. Simons for Drake is also on their team. So he had a decent team IMO.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Royce White will be the most dominant player that will ever put on an ISU jersey come this fall. He can do everything on offense, handle it, shoot it, and post up, and made incredible passes from the low post. His skills for his size are amazing. He didn't play any defense at all tonight and walked up the court 90% of the time. He should have had at least 5 offense fouls backing people down and leading with the forearm. I would be somewhat concerened with his arrogance and I think he is going to cause this coaching staff some stress.. Extremely talented, yes... has to become a better teammate.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLONECORY View Post
    Royce White will be the most dominant player that will ever put on an ISU jersey come this fall. He can do everything on offense, handle it, shoot it, and post up, and made incredible passes from the low post. His skills for his size are amazing. He didn't play any defense at all tonight and walked up the court 90% of the time. He should have had at least 5 offense fouls backing people down and leading with the forearm. I would be somewhat concerened with his arrogance and I think he is going to cause this coaching staff some stress.. Extremely talented, yes... has to become a better teammate.

Are you sure you want to go that far?

Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 122

Everything that has been said about him during the past year by his teammates and coaches is completely different from this statement.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,564
    Given: 2,084

Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    Everything that has been said about him during the past year by his teammates and coaches is completely different from this statement.
    Don't reason with Cory. He isn't known for real positive stuff.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 663
    Given: 88

OMGPANIC, someone in the CCL didn't play defense.

It's all snark from here on out

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    You really think they would say anything but that?

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 872
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Let's pump the breaks a bit here...no doubt Royce is very skilled and we are all excited that he's a Clone, but let's remember we had the National Player of the Year Runner Up two consecutives years with All-Americans Marcus Fizer and Jamaal Tinsley..let's not put unneccesary pressure or unrealistic expectations on people before they play a single minute of collegiate basketball.