Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 791,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,178
    Points
    791,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 790
    Given: 199

    Numerous site tidbits

    Hey Fanatics -

    I wanted to take a little bit of time today to address a few things that are currently happening with our website.

    The first is the big news that was released earlier today. Austen Arnaud is now a full-time employee of CycloneFanatic.com. Austen's primary job will be in our sales department, but he'll be very active in bringing insight to our football coverage as well. I'm excited to get creative with different ways that we can use Austen to make our coverage even stronger.

    So he's doing sales. What does this mean to you? Well, for one it will allow me to focus on bringing more Iowa State related content to the website. More sales equal more resources and more of the fun stuff for you. An example is that I'll be heading down to Dallas for Big 12 Football Media Days later this month. While Austen wasn't on board when the Iowa Clinic stepped up to sponsor this event, with a full-time salesperson, we'll be able to do more stuff like that in the future.

    And of course, Austen probably knows the Iowa State football program better than anybody. He's been the QB for the last 3 years and in the program for 5. You can't fight that type of insight anywhere.

    ----

    Over the last couple of weeks, we've had some issues with load times on the site. This has been noticed and trust me when I tell you that we're on it. We're investigating, we've found a solution and we hope to have all of the necessary changes made to the site this month. I guarantee you that it will be done by football season. That's being conservative though. We hope to take care of it late this week or early next.

    ----

    We are currently in negotiations to have multiple CycloneFanatic.com radio shows for the upcoming sports season. While I don't have specific details for you yet, I will in the very near future. It will be a very busy but exciting fall.

    ----

    As always, thanks so much for your time and supporting our website. We're working hard to make it the best one in the country and we couldn't do it without your loyalty.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 864,009, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,807
    Points
    864,009
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,768
    Given: 1,488

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    I commend you. You have to be the most accountable guy running a free website that this world has ever seen.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 60,436, Level: 76
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    geburgess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    2,382
    Points
    60,436
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Thanks CW


    Keepers of the Faith -- The Unknown



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 263,197, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,455
    Points
    263,197
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 600

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post

    The first is the big news that was released earlier today. Austen Arnaud is now a full-time employee of CycloneFanatic.com. Austen's primary job will be in our sales department, but he'll be very active in bringing insight to our football coverage as well. I'm excited to get creative with different ways that we can use Austen to make our coverage even stronger.
    WE WANT TILLER!!!!!!!!!






























  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 22,781, Level: 46
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CY ST8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,553
    Points
    22,781
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    WE WANT TILLER!!!!!!!!!

    Will you rip him more for his sales figures then you did his QB play? At least with sales all that matters is the bottom line in $$$$. I commend you Chris for helping these frustrated graduates in a tough economy with bringing them on to make this site even better. Maybe you can do this with former players from many positions!



























    ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!


    Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 104,126, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    vmbplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,467
    Points
    104,126
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 18

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Awesome. AA ftw.


    "Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 22,357, Level: 45
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    nickcyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,006
    Points
    22,357
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 46

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    The whole CF team is doing a great job. Lots of credit goes to you CW.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 729,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,398
    Points
    729,745
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,271
    Given: 629

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Does this mean AA is my new rep? Can I get an AA signed jersey to go with my CW signed jersey?



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 42,915, Level: 63
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Points
    42,915
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 24

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Hey Fanatics -

    I wanted to take a little bit of time today to address a few things that are currently happening with our website.

    The first is the big news that was released earlier today. Austen Arnaud is now a full-time employee of CycloneFanatic.com. Austen's primary job will be in our sales department, but he'll be very active in bringing insight to our football coverage as well. I'm excited to get creative with different ways that we can use Austen to make our coverage even stronger.

    So he's doing sales. What does this mean to you? Well, for one it will allow me to focus on bringing more Iowa State related content to the website. More sales equal more resources and more of the fun stuff for you. An example is that I'll be heading down to Dallas for Big 12 Football Media Days later this month. While Austen wasn't on board when the Iowa Clinic stepped up to sponsor this event, with a full-time salesperson, we'll be able to do more stuff like that in the future.

    And of course, Austen probably knows the Iowa State football program better than anybody. He's been the QB for the last 3 years and in the program for 5. You can't fight that type of insight anywhere.

    ----

    Over the last couple of weeks, we've had some issues with load times on the site. This has been noticed and trust me when I tell you that we're on it. We're investigating, we've found a solution and we hope to have all of the necessary changes made to the site this month. I guarantee you that it will be done by football season. That's being conservative though. We hope to take care of it late this week or early next.

    ----

    We are currently in negotiations to have multiple CycloneFanatic.com radio shows for the upcoming sports season. While I don't have specific details for you yet, I will in the very near future. It will be a very busy but exciting fall.

    ----

    As always, thanks so much for your time and supporting our website. We're working hard to make it the best one in the country and we couldn't do it without your loyalty.
    What's the latest on the CF Droid app?


    I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 34,725, Level: 57
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    istater7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,793
    Points
    34,725
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 10

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    so what exactly does a salesperson at CF do?



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,030, Level: 97
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,790
    Points
    98,030
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 15

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    I've been super impressed with what's been going on with this site. Your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated.



  12. #12
    Publisher
    Points: 791,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,178
    Points
    791,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 790
    Given: 199

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Does this mean AA is my new rep? Can I get an AA signed jersey to go with my CW signed jersey?
    As a matter of fact, it does! Wait a minute...You don't like seeing me around?



  13. #13
    Publisher
    Points: 791,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,178
    Points
    791,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 790
    Given: 199

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Quote Originally Posted by istater7 View Post
    so what exactly does a salesperson at CF do?
    Sells advertising here at CycloneFanatic.com. We offer a lot of inventory for local advertisers, including banner ad space, radio air time, videos and much more. He'll stay busy. Trust me.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,391, Level: 70
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,731
    Points
    52,391
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 215

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Thanks CW, keep up the good work.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 40,998, Level: 62
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tec71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,188
    Points
    40,998
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 7

    Re: Numerous site tidbits

    Will he give out coupons?


    "95% of all quotes posted on Facebook are either made up or mistakenly attributed to someone famous." - Albert Einstien


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM