Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 95,042, Level: 95
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,778
    Points
    95,042
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 332

    Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    I agree with this blogger. That is flippin' Iowa, not Nebraska. I guess I could maybe see a Hy-Vee in Council Bluffs carrying Husker gear, but this is weak sauce to offer this almost anywhere else in Iowa.


    Link to full blog entry: The Thoughts of Thomas: Come on Hy-Vee. Nebraska Merchandise?


    CCG

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 22,578, Level: 46
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,428
    Points
    22,578
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 23

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    I agree with this blogger. That is flippin' Iowa, not Nebraska. I guess I could maybe see a Hy-Vee in Council Bluffs carrying Husker gear, but this is weak sauce to offer this almost anywhere else in Iowa.


    Link to full blog entry: The Thoughts of Thomas: Come on Hy-Vee. Nebraska Merchandise?

    Husers??? Just not ringing a bell with me! It's no longer our problem, now if they were selling Missouri gear I would be all up in there throwing things around!



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 22,034, Level: 45
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,013
    Points
    22,034
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 54

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    I agree with this blogger. That is flippin' Iowa, not Nebraska. I guess I could maybe see a Hy-Vee in Council Bluffs carrying Husker gear, but this is weak sauce to offer this almost anywhere else in Iowa.


    Link to full blog entry: The Thoughts of Thomas: Come on Hy-Vee. Nebraska Merchandise?

    It's plain and simple - each Hy-Vee store director chooses what items his/her store carries. If they choose to carry Nebraska merchandise, they obviously are selling it to someone. It is not a corporate decision because each Hy-Vee director has that autonomy to run their store as they choose, because if their store doesn't make money, they as Store Director don't get a paycheck.

    If you have an issue with it, talk to the Store Director or the Manager of General Merchandise and ask them why they are carrying Nebraska items.



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,335, Level: 30
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mitchforcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    252
    Points
    10,335
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Would this blogger be you?



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 95,042, Level: 95
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,778
    Points
    95,042
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 332

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchforcy View Post
    Would this blogger be you?
    No, which is why I wrote my comment in the third person.

    I mean....if it was my blog wouldn't I have made my point and said something like....oh...I don't know....something like....you can read more about it in my blog? What would be the point of masking it?


    Last edited by capitalcityguy; 07-04-2011 at 01:40 AM.
    CCG

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 95,042, Level: 95
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,778
    Points
    95,042
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 332

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by Three4Cy View Post
    It's plain and simple - each Hy-Vee store director chooses what items his/her store carries. If they choose to carry Nebraska merchandise, they obviously are selling it to someone. It is not a corporate decision because each Hy-Vee director has that autonomy to run their store as they choose, because if their store doesn't make money, they as Store Director don't get a paycheck.

    If you have an issue with it, talk to the Store Director or the Manager of General Merchandise and ask them why they are carrying Nebraska items.
    I don't see how any of this explanation makes it any less of annoyance...in fact if the decisions are made locally, that is probably more annoying.

    If the Store Director doesn't have the good sense to make this judgement on his/her own, then that it is simply going to affect my perception of Hy-Vee in a bit less favorable way than had they not carried Husker gear. Not life or death issue, just bad PR IMO.


    CCG

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 109,134, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,131
    Points
    109,134
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,058
    Given: 219

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    I know ISU fans get a little upset when retails stores sell Husker/Hawkeye gear in Central Iowa, but these are business decisions. Stores generally carry stuff that they sell the most of.

    It's no different than when I walk into a mall in the KC area and I can find gear from just about every BCS school except ISU and Baylor.

    Even though I'd be willing to bet there are way more ISU grads in the KC area than Hawkeye grads, there is 10x the amount of stuff in the stores and in fact for every car with an ISU bumber sticker or house with a Cyclone flag, I see probably 5x with Hawkeye stuff.

    The bottom line is we are a select few, and the amount of Cyclones that actually buy and flaunt Cyclone gear is even fewer. Outside of Ames/Des Moines, we are a tiny minority.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 20,488, Level: 43
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    becrisgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    895
    Points
    20,488
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 46

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    My local Hy-Vee in Omaha carries isu and Iowa gear. Should I be all worked up?



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,002, Level: 73
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,302
    Points
    57,002
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 1,043

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    I know ISU fans get a little upset when retails stores sell Husker/Hawkeye gear in Central Iowa, but these are business decisions. Stores generally carry stuff that they sell the most of.

    It's no different than when I walk into a mall in the KC area and I can find gear from just about every BCS school except ISU and Baylor.

    Even though I'd be willing to bet there are way more ISU grads in the KC area than Hawkeye grads, there is 10x the amount of stuff in the stores and in fact for every car with an ISU bumber sticker or house with a Cyclone flag, I see probably 5x with Hawkeye stuff.

    The bottom line is we are a select few, and the amount of Cyclones that actually buy and flaunt Cyclone gear is even fewer. Outside of Ames/Des Moines, we are a tiny minority.

    Yeah and you know what happens to a "Tiny Minority"...Everyone in this state......well they ****"s on them!!!!!!!


    Last edited by LindenCy; 07-04-2011 at 10:16 AM.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 22,034, Level: 45
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,013
    Points
    22,034
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 54

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    I don't see how any of this explanation makes it any less of annoyance...in fact if the decisions are made locally, that is probably more annoying.

    If the Store Director doesn't have the good sense to make this judgement on his/her own, then that it is simply going to affect my perception of Hy-Vee in a bit less favorable way than had they not carried Husker gear. Not life or death issue, just bad PR IMO.

    Wow, just wow. It's called their running a business and making money, and obviously someone is buying the stuff or they wouldn't carry it. Hy-Vee is not struggling for business, so not much of a PR issue IMO.



  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 16,463, Level: 39
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    592
    Points
    16,463
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 1

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by becrisgreg View Post
    My local Hy-Vee in Omaha carries isu and Iowa gear. Should I be all worked up?
    Really? Which one? The one I go to on Cass Street is all Huskers. I have yet to see ISU gear in a Hyvee here.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 481,970, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,773
    Points
    481,970
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,107
    Given: 235

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    I see ten times more ISU gear in des Moines than I see husker gear. As I should. I do think some of these decisions are based on assumption, like places in KC not carrying any ISU stuff. They don't stock kt based on an assumption that it wont sell as much as they base it on past experience of poor sales.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 63,406, Level: 78
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,444
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jahfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,925
    Points
    63,406
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 149

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    If you're shopping for your team gear at Hy-Vee, you might be a Husker.


    I don't bring my own opinions, just attack others.

  14. #14
    Walk On
    Points: 4,074, Level: 18
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oh you know...
    Posts
    134
    Points
    4,074
    Level
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by becrisgreg View Post
    My local Hy-Vee in Omaha carries isu and Iowa gear. Should I be all worked up?




    Originally posted by mikem:
    God you are a ******* idiot...

    Now, I get that the moron in you can't help itself. But if you really think that stats tell the story of who is more effective, then you are as dumb as you appear.

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 912,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,019
    Points
    912,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,569
    Given: 4,627

    Re: Hy-Vee's in Central Iowa -- Husker gear????

    Quote Originally Posted by jahfg View Post
    If you're shopping for your team gear at Hy-Vee, you might be a Husker.
    If you're shopping for your home furnishings at Hy-Vee, you might be a Hawkeye.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM