Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 223

Big Red propoganda on Big Ten Tv

Evidently the Big Ten Network is playing programs directly produced by Nebraska on it's channel tonight. All praise to NU, no mention of the criminals who helped them. Most of the highlights from over a a decade ago and the Big 8, not so much from the last 10 years.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 118

Re: Big Red propoganda on Big Ten Tv

Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    Evidently the Big Ten Network is playing programs directly produced by Nebraska on it's channel tonight. All praise to NU, no mention of the criminals who helped them. Most of the highlights from over a a decade ago and the Big 8, not so much from the last 10 years.
    3-17 vs the Big 12 South (excluding Baylor) since 2004. Makes sense they wouldn't have highlights from that period (not to mention possible contract issues).

"If you can't beat them; take your ball and leave."
    -The Nebraska Way

All-Star
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 21

Back in their hay day I was growing up in western Iowa and all I heard through local news or friends or nationally how awesome Nebraska was and I couldn't have hated them more. I wouldn't have batted an eye if a nuclear bomb would have gone off in Lincoln in the mid 90's- I probably would have said "good riddance!"
    Now that I am older, and Lincoln is where I live now, I can at least appreciate what Nebraska was and what they are trying to be now. Do I wish that the success that the Huskers have had was that of Iowa State- Hell yes I do! What has been done, has been done and that is that. SOUR GRAPES!!!

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 925

I like they are showing on Big Ten's Greatest Games Neb vs Tenn right now from 1998. They weren't in the Big Ten in 1998!

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

I ******* hate Nebraska. I hate their arrogant piece of **** fans. I hate their whiny snot bubble blowing piece of **** coach. I hate everything about them. I even hate them more than Iowa. I hope they never win a title in the Big 10. I hope Iowa beats them every year. I hope they have to beg us to be back in the Big 12. I've never had so much hate for anything other than Nebraska. I wish them nothing but heartbreak and they deserve nothing but heartbreak.

***Undefeated COD Clone Wars Champion***
    ***OP of the Largest Thread on CF***

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan4 View Post
    I ******* hate Nebraska. I hate their arrogant piece of **** fans. I hate their whiny snot bubble blowing piece of **** coach. I hate everything about them. I even hate them more than Iowa. I hope they never win a title in the Big 10. I hope Iowa beats them every year. I hope they have to beg us to be back in the Big 12. I've never had so much hate for anything other than Nebraska. I wish them nothing but heartbreak and they deserve nothing but heartbreak.
    Wow.... tell us how you really feel.

The curiosity has gotten me.... tell me why you hate Nebraska so much. I used to share your same hypothesis, but I have changed my tune over the past number of years. By no means do I like them, but I can tolerate them.

Prospect
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

And the first commercial I saw was for help beating meth addiction . . .

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by cyinne View Post
    Wow.... tell us how you really feel.

The curiosity has gotten me.... tell me why you hate Nebraska so much. I used to share your same hypothesis, but I have changed my tune over the past number of years. By no means do I like them, but I can tolerate them.
    You live in Lincoln so maybe you've become one of them? Haha just giving ya a hard time but seriously whats not to hate about them. They have the most arrogant fans in the world you never beat them they beat themselves mentality. Their coach is one of the biggest snobs in all of college football. He berates officials to the point that they are afraid to officiate Nebraska games and he rips into his players like Bob Knight. He sat there in 2009 and wouldnt even say a word to CPR or give him a real handshake. He's a complete piece of **** like the thousands of Nebby fans. They left the Big 12 b/c they couldnt beat certain teams and they couldnt have their way. They threw a big fit about it all and their AD said bashed Bebee and said he "didnt feel welcome at meetings". They have some of the most dirtiest players in all of college football and their coaching staff coach up the dirty style of play. There's just nothing good about them. Nothing at all.

***Undefeated COD Clone Wars Champion***
    ***OP of the Largest Thread on CF***

Addict
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52

You live in Lincoln so maybe you've become one of them? Haha just giving ya a hard time but seriously whats not to hate about them. They have the most arrogant fans in the world you never beat them they beat themselves mentality. Their coach is one of the biggest snobs in all of college football. He berates officials to the point that they are afraid to officiate Nebraska games and he rips into his players like Bob Knight. He sat there in 2009 and wouldnt even say a word to CPR or give him a real handshake. He's a complete piece of **** like the thousands of Nebby fans. They left the Big 12 b/c they couldnt beat certain teams and they couldnt have their way. They threw a big fit about it all and their AD said bashed Bebee and said he "didnt feel welcome at meetings". They have some of the most dirtiest players in all of college football and their coaching staff coach up the dirty style of play. There's just nothing good about them. Nothing at all.
    I find it quite funny to watch his tirades.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JUKEBOX View Post
    I find it quite funny to watch his tirades.
    if he plays in the next mafia game i know who im voting for. hopefully he gives us a tirade like that after he's eliminated on the first day

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 36

Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post

I am a Big Ten fan and watch there network. I got ****** off when they had programing on all decade teams/players from the 2000's and Nebby was included in the top 10 countdowns. Sorry, the werent in the Big 10 then and never played any games within the conference. I guess they will include them now.................. **** you Nebby

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Maybe I have joined them.....

I will agree with you that their coach needs to take it down 2 notches, or ten. I don't think its anything that we should "hate" about him. I know of a lot of Nebraska fans that are completely embarrassed by his antics on the sidelines and wish he would give them up. As I look at it he is making himself look bad enough that we dont need to hate him for it. Is he a great motivator... yes.... as good as CPR... no which is another reason not to hate Pelini. Nebraska will never have a bad team.... their tradition will never allow it.

The part about the Nebraska to the Big 10 and leaving the Big 12 is a total "high school, he said, she said breakup." Both parties are trying to out-do each other and show who is the bigger villan in the break up of the former Big 12. I believe there is more to the story that the public will ever know.

Finally I dont believe for one second that they "coach up" the players to be dirty. I am assuming that you are referring to the E Martin hit in the OSU game and the C Osborne hit in the Missou game? They coach up the players to be hitters and have no mercy, which all teams do.

We can go on and on about this. I guess it doesnt matter who and what we hate it just matters that we love Iowa State!

Last edited by cyinne; 07-01-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 36

Quote Originally Posted by cyinne View Post
    Maybe I have joined them.....

I will agree with you that their coach needs to take it down 2 notches, or ten. I don't think its anything that we should "hate" about him. I know of a lot of Nebraska fans that are completely embarrassed by his antics on the sidelines and wish he would give them up. As I look at it he is making himself look bad enough that we dont need to hate him for it. Is he a great motivator... yes.... as good as CPR... no which is another reason not to hate Pelini. Nebraska will never have a bad team.... their tradition will never allow it.

The part about the Nebraska to the Big 10 and leaving the Big 12 is a total "high school, he said, she said breakup." Both parties are trying to out-do each other and show who is the bigger villan in the break up of the former Big 12.

Finally I dont believe for one second that they "coach up" the players to be dirty. I am assuming that you are referring to the E Martin hit in the OSU game and the C Osborne hit in the Missou game? They coach up the players to be hitters and have no mercy, which all teams do.

We can go on and on about this. I guess it doesnt matter who and what we hate it just matters that we love Iowa State!
    Whatever Tommy O got mad cause he wasnt the big dog anymore. Nebby was the one who also voted for non equal revenue sharing to begin with. And low and behold UT is the big ***** and Nebby cant beat them in wins or money. Well lets go join the BIG 10 and share the wealth. Weird....... Nebby didnt look into the future. And its not like Nebby was the Big 10's first choice. ND could have squashed everything if they would have joined.

Pro
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 45

If you had a newcomer to your conference why wouldn't you play their games on tv to welcome them to the conference?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 223

Earlier they weren't playing games, they had highlights of the glory years produced by NU. Games from almost 15 years ago, probabably trying to convince this generation why they asked them to join the conference. Highlighting plays and interviews by Phillips and Peters, since with felonies, nice.