Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Should I buy a Sirius radio just to listen to the Toledo game?

I have an XM radio, but will be driving from Boston to Iowa on Aug-31. Considering buying a Sirius radio for the game . . . I think the one I want is $300. I'll probably be moving here (Boston) permanently anyway, so perhaps I would get some use out of the Sirius on an ongoing basis. Are all basketball and football games covered?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlambi View Post
    I have an XM radio, but will be driving from Boston to Iowa on Aug-31. Considering buying a Sirius radio for the game . . . I think the one I want is $300. I'll probably be moving here (Boston) permanently anyway, so perhaps I would get some use out of the Sirius on an ongoing basis. Are all basketball and football games covered?
    The majority of FB games last year were on Sirius, and maybe only once or twice was it the opponent's radio network. I think Sirius is on board for FB again this year. However, I cannot speak as to MBB games.

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 256
    I drive 45 minutes each way to work everyday so I tried both XM and Sirius for a while.

I don't usually like talk radio because it seems the ads occupy more of the time than the talking. Also, I'm somewhat picky on my music so that didn't really help to have 50 or however many stations that I don't listen to.

So my answer is, satelite radio isn't worth the rising prise but that's just me and just now, it may be better now or in the future. If you enjoy the typical content and drive a lot, it can be well worth it to have the same stations where ever you go in the country.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 22
    I have Sirius and Yes all ISU FB and MBB basketball games are on. I love it! The music rocks and I not only listen to what I like, but I can hear new/offbeat tunes that I would otherwise never hear on the radio. I highly recommend it and I even listen while I am at work through the web.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 649
    Given: 1,313
    Hey Cloneluke80,

I am a new Sirius subscriber. What channel is are the games on?

-keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I drive 45 minutes each way to work everyday so I tried both XM and Sirius for a while.

I don't usually like talk radio because it seems the ads occupy more of the time than the talking. Also, I'm somewhat picky on my music so that didn't really help to have 50 or however many stations that I don't listen to.

So my answer is, satelite radio isn't worth the rising prise but that's just me and just now, it may be better now or in the future. If you enjoy the typical content and drive a lot, it can be well worth it to have the same stations where ever you go in the country.

Rising Price, Jeremy? I have Sirius, and the subscription has been the same for 2 years @ $13/month. Or, what are you referring to?

If you live away from Iowa and want to listen to the games, there is nothing better than Sirius in my opinion. Plus they have great music stations.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 115
    XM raised their price a while back, but Sirius has been the same the almost 2 years I have had them. As a displaced Clone fan, I have found Sirius to be the best thing to happen to radio and ISU broadcasts since free internet streaming (which now you won't find very easily). I would get Sirius and dump XM, unless there is something that you have to have XM for as it's not on Sirius. There is no better feeling in the world than driving down an interstate 500 miles from Ames, and listening to the ISU broadcast, especially when they pull off a big win, such as the b-ball game at kansas in winter of 2005. Brought tears to me eyes....

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I have Sirius and they carry the Big XII conference while XM has the Big 10 + 1. I'm not sure I will renew due to the cost plus I simply don't travel all that much. It would be great for over the road truckers and sales people. Now that the "Bus" is the flagship and comes in great in my area, not sure I want to shell out the cash for the annual renewal fee.

All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 22

Channels vary

ISU is not designated to any one channel, just when the games are on tune to the sports area of your reciever and it will be listed. Also, depending on what reciever you have you can set up a game alert so whenever ISU is on it will alert you.

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    Hey Cloneluke80,

I am a new Sirius subscriber. What channel is are the games on?

-keep.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    I never thought about purchasing sattelite radio until I bought a new Dodge Caliber and Sirius was included free for a year. After a couple of months I would not go back to regular radio. There are great music stations for any style of music you would ever want. Great sports talk stations, comedy stations, and of course (like him or hate him) Sirius has Howard Stern 24 hours a day. I did not realize that Cyclone games were carried on Siruis. Another great reason to get on board. IMO most definitely worth the $13/month.

All-Star
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    I bought Sirius when I was living in Aspen, CO. We only had two radio stations up there, a Mexican station and one that was pretty much all stuffy and boring talk radio. The NFL network and ESPN channels offered by Sirius are great and probably worth the price alone. The comedy channels are good. The Discovery Channel kinda loses its appeal when you can't see what they are talking about.........

Recruit
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I have had Sirius for 2 years. If you like football and the big 12, you should definitely have it. They have home and away broadcasts for every NFL game. I think they had almost every ISU game on last year both FB and BB. Plus "hair Nation" is the greatest channel ever created. The only reason to stick with XM is if you like MLB or the little 11. Go get it!!!

"Skin it: Skin that smokewagon and see what happens!"