Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Thread: Insanity!!!

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 63,461, Level: 78
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,389
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,802
    Points
    63,461
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 115

    Insanity!!!

    I started insanity tonight and did the fitness test. I thought I was at least in decent shape but I gotta say it kicked my ***! I was just curious to see if anybody else out there has done insanity? What did you think? I know I'm in for a LONG 60 days!


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @mjballman20

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 470,336, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    40,948
    Points
    470,336
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,092
    Given: 119

    Re: Insanity!!!

    It is a great workout. I do Kosama every morning, and many of the moves are similar.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 18,762, Level: 41
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    reignofthetiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Posts
    377
    Points
    18,762
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 33

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Insanity is too high impact for me, but my wife loves it. Personally, Shaun T annoys the crap out of me...



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 7,347, Level: 25
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    166
    Points
    7,347
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 13

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    I started insanity tonight and did the fitness test. I thought I was at least in decent shape but I gotta say it kicked my ***! I was just curious to see if anybody else out there has done insanity? What did you think? I know I'm in for a LONG 60 days!
    Congrats! I just finished up the first month of insanity. You'll notice considerable changes in your body - just stick with it. Be sure to follow the nutrition guide.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 709,721, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    29,912
    Points
    709,721
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,111
    Given: 884

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Personally, Shaun T annoys the crap out of me...
    I felt the same way.



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 14,506, Level: 36
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    462
    Points
    14,506
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Insanity!!!

    its awesome....starting week 5 right now.



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 14,388, Level: 36
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    clone26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    550
    Points
    14,388
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dualforce View Post
    its awesome....starting week 5 right now.
    I have been doing P90X for almost 2 years and recently started a P90X / Insanity Hybrid program. Those first couple Insanity workouts made Plyo X feel like a walk in the park.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 544,176, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    39,641
    Points
    544,176
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,915
    Given: 2,933

    Re: Insanity!!!

    I've seen the Insanity promo videos - I'm certain I'm going to have to lose quite a bit more fat mass before I attempt to do that program. That being said, I love P90X and I can't wait until P90X:MC2 comes out later this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by clone26 View Post
    I have been doing P90X for almost 2 years and recently started a P90X / Insanity Hybrid program. Those first couple Insanity workouts made Plyo X feel like a walk in the park.
    Other than Jump-Knee-Tuck, Run Stance 180 Squat Reach Jumps, and Hot Foot (I have weak ankles), Plyo X IS a walk in the park...


    Last edited by jdoggivjc; 06-27-2011 at 08:31 AM.
    "That's what I do. I drink, and I know things." - Tyrion Lannister

    "Success is just failure that hasn't happened yet." - life advice from Latrell Spreewell


  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 154,982, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyhawkdmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    7,017
    Points
    154,982
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 494
    Given: 480

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    I've seen the Insanity promo videos - I'm certain I'm going to have to lose quite a bit more fat mass before I attempt to do that program. That being said, I love P90X and I can't wait until P90X:MC2 comes out later this year.



    Other than Jump-Knee-Tuck, Run Stance 180 Squat Reach Jumps, and Hot Foot (I have weak ankles), Plyo X IS a walk in the park...
    I dont know about that.... Im 270... pretty fat...... and I can do Insanity... granted I have to take more breaks then I should when i started, but I also play basketball once a week and after 2 weeks I could notice a Increase in stamina and explosion... I really like Shaun T... He is a ***... but I guess thats what I need...



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 544,176, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    39,641
    Points
    544,176
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,915
    Given: 2,933

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhawkdmb View Post
    I dont know about that.... Im 270... pretty fat...... and I can do Insanity... granted I have to take more breaks then I should when i started, but I also play basketball once a week and after 2 weeks I could notice a Increase in stamina and explosion... I really like Shaun T... He is a ***... but I guess thats what I need...
    Tack on another 50 lbs and that's where I'm sitting. I actually haven't really lost a whole lot of weight per se in the last 3-4 months, but I've lost a lot of size in my core area over that time, and replaced that with quite a bit of muscle in my arms, shoulders, and calfs. At least a lot more of that mass is muscle mass compared to when I started P90X 8 months ago...


    "That's what I do. I drink, and I know things." - Tyrion Lannister

    "Success is just failure that hasn't happened yet." - life advice from Latrell Spreewell


  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 76,710, Level: 86
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,640
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cloneswereall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,901
    Points
    76,710
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 415
    Given: 19

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Insanity is the spawn of the devil. As a smoker of 1 pack/day, I made it an entire two weeks before I said "**** this noise" and went back to running and lifting.


    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

  12. #12
    Recruit
    Points: 8,125, Level: 26
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    76
    Points
    8,125
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Insanity!!!

    I have been doing this with a group for 60 days. We decided after the first week that we would scale back and do it 3 days a week, MWF. I have lost roughly 20 lbs during this period. If you can push through the first week/ 10 days it will get "easier", although the 2nd set of workouts push the 55 minute mark. I like the fact that there is no extra equipment to buy. One of the guys that is working out with us, did the P90x and said Insanity is tougher and its not close. If you are looking to burn fat and get into shape quickly, this will do it!



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 32,592, Level: 55
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,380
    Points
    32,592
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 175

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jdolson View Post
    I have been doing this with a group for 60 days. We decided after the first week that we would scale back and do it 3 days a week, MWF. I have lost roughly 20 lbs during this period. If you can push through the first week/ 10 days it will get "easier", although the 2nd set of workouts push the 55 minute mark. I like the fact that there is no extra equipment to buy. One of the guys that is working out with us, did the P90x and said Insanity is tougher and its not close. If you are looking to burn fat and get into shape quickly, this will do it!
    I would love to find a group class at a gym I could do this with after work. The only reason I don't do these workouts is I don't want to spew sweat all over my living room walls. Something about jumping around like an animal in my tiny apartment doesn't appeal to me.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 185,192, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,599
    Points
    185,192
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 625
    Given: 89

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Insanity is great if you want to get cut, and increase your cardio. P90X is more of an all around workout.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 14,388, Level: 36
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    clone26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    550
    Points
    14,388
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Re: Insanity!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    I've seen the Insanity promo videos - I'm certain I'm going to have to lose quite a bit more fat mass before I attempt to do that program. That being said, I love P90X and I can't wait until P90X:MC2 comes out later this year.

    Other than Jump-Knee-Tuck, Run Stance 180 Squat Reach Jumps, and Hot Foot (I have weak ankles), Plyo X IS a walk in the park...
    I would add Mary Catherine Lunges, Squat Jacks and Frog Jumps to that list.

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Insanity is great if you want to get cut, and increase your cardio. P90X is more of an all around workout.
    This. P90X can be as tough as Insanity if you push yourself.


    Last edited by clone26; 06-27-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM